Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Twins @ Indians, 5/5 @ 6:05pm CT

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,932 Times in 1,133 Posts

Game Thread: Twins @ Indians, 5/5 @ 6:05pm CT

Game-time forecast: Partly cloudy. Winds blowing in from center field at 5-10 m.p.h. Temperature near 50.

Twins:
    SP, Gibson

Dozier 2B
    Fuld CF
    Plouffe 3B
    Colabello 1B
    Kubel LF
    Suzuki C
    Pinto DH
    Herrmann RF
    Florimon SS

Indians:
    SP, McAllister

Morgan CF
    Swisher 1B
    Brantley LF
    Santana 3B
    Chisenhall DH
    Cabrera SS
    Gomes C
    Murphy RF
    Aviles 2B

-----------------------------
    Tag, Brian ... you're it!
    --------------------------------

OK... But here's what I'm going to do... I bringing some books and snacks... and I'm going to hide. Wait patiently... You won't know where I am... You'll forget all about me. And SURPRISE!!! Tag you're it. I win a lot of games that way... I simply keep playing for a year or two after others stop playing. I was losing a basketball game once 21 to 14... After my opponent left the court thinking he won... I put in about 10 shots in a row and left declaring myself the winner... 24 to 21.
    ---------------------------------------

Things to think about:

1. Cleveland -- The Twins travel to the mistake by the lake. Cleveland has been called the mistake by the lake. It got a bad rap for numerous reasons but the fact that Cuyahoga River would catch fire didn't help. I actually like Cleveland... I went to Cleveland for my honeymoon and the people of Cleveland were wonderful and we had a great time. For clarification... I tell people that we honeymooned in Cleveland because I like saying that as opposed to... we stayed in Cleveland on our way to Niagara Falls. I like to be a little different.

2. Kyle Gibson -- He started out real nice and has been stumbling a little since. That's the way the ball bounces... I still have a good feeling about Kyle and I hope the ball bounces his way tonight.

3. The Rubber Band -- The Rubber Band theory is still in play... If the Twins win tonight... It will be back at .500 ball. Keep that rubber band bound until July and that we will see what happens when it snaps.

4. The Indians -- Lonnie Chisenhall is the only guy on the team who is tearing it up and he can't seem to stay in the lineup. The rest of the Indians are below expectation with the exception of maybe Brantley. The Starting pitching hasn't been lights out... Cory Kluber has been the top dog in the rotation. The Twins have a 2 game lead currently on the last place Indians.

5. IPO's -- I dabble in the Stock Market... I've done OK buying what I think is low and selling when I think it's high. No emotional attachment... no greed... make 10 to 20% or lose 10% and move on to the next. I plan to continue that style because it's been pretty good so far. I'm not a day trader... I'm a trend trader.

I had never purchased an IPO before but I finally did last week. I've been itching to take a part of my portfolio and invest in something ground floor and hold it instead of trading it. Own a piece of something forever and see how it's doing 30 years from now. Whatever happens will happen... It's a company that I believe in so I jumped in.

My wife is nervous about it... She felt safer when I was watching for potential loss to minimize the risk... She thinks the stock market is risky... like betting on a horse at the track.

I told her that the stock market and the horses are completely different because one of the horses must win.

It didn't ease her mind... I should have taken a different approach.
    Last edited by Riverbrian; 05-05-2014 at 03:36 PM.

2. These 2 users like ChiTownTwinsFan's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (05-05-2014), Willihammer (05-05-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer amjgt's Avatar
    Liked 165 Times in 95 Posts
    Woof

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 776 Times in 408 Posts
    And today's random music video...

http://m.wimp.com/hawaiianukulele/
    Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay,
    I sleep all night and I work all day.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts
    So no Mauer? Does anyone know if he is available to hit?

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,932 Times in 1,133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrupp09 View Post
    So no Mauer? Does anyone know if he is available to hit?
    I haven't heard anything. For the lack of anything, I will assume he's just being given a day off? But I really don't know.

Senior Member All-Star Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 214 Times in 100 Posts
    I take it Gardy isn't as cautious about giving Suzuki time off as he was with Mauer.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Kirby_Waved_At_Me's Avatar
    Liked 166 Times in 87 Posts
    Yesterday :

Mauer lined out in his lone plate appearance before exiting prior to the start of the third inning. He figures to miss at least the first game or two of the Twins' seven-game road trip that begins on Monday.
    Source: Rhett Bollinger on Twitter

Twitter
    @crarko
    LEN just posted a photo of rain mixed with hail in Cleveland. Still expected to stop before game time.

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 489 Times in 285 Posts
    Good to finally see Danny Santana in the lineup---- oh wait

11. These 2 users like Hosken Bombo Disco's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (05-05-2014), TheDean (05-05-2014)

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,590 Times in 827 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosken Bombo Disco View Post
    I'm fine with Santana sitting on the bench as long as Gardy isn't starting Flo--

Oh, &*^%.

13. These 3 users like Brock Beauchamp's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (05-05-2014), Mr. Brooks (05-05-2014), Riverbrian (05-05-2014)

Twitter
    @crarko
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    I'm fine with Santana sitting on the bench as long as Gardy isn't starting Flo--

Oh, &*^%.
    It's because she used the Name your Price gun on him.

15. These 3 users like crarko's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Joe A. Preusser (05-05-2014), jokin (05-05-2014), Riverbrian (05-05-2014)

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,302 Times in 1,753 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    I went to Cleveland for my honeymoon
    Similar story for Mrs Ashbury and me, but Milwaukee. The wedding was in her hometown of Chicago, the actual honeymoon vacation was in Door County WI. But there was no way in the world I was going to let my practical-joking family or inlaws pull any stunts like short-sheeting and worse. So unbeknownst to them (and maybe Mrs Ash, I forget), I reserved a room at the Holiday Inn downtown Milwaukee, and had a worry free wedding night. Then we drove the rest of the way to the White Gull Inn the next morning. Perfect.

/ worry free wedding night - now there is a set up for someone to take and run with, I'm sure

17. These 2 users like ashburyjohn's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (05-05-2014), Riverbrian (05-05-2014)

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,590 Times in 827 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So we have one honeymoon in The Cleve and another in the most segregated city in America.

Buncha wildcats here at Twins Daily.

19. These 3 users like Brock Beauchamp's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (05-05-2014), ChiTownTwinsFan (05-05-2014), Riverbrian (05-05-2014)

Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
    The wife and I honeymooned in Watiki. I bet some of you are jealous thinking that Watiki is a beautiful island somewhere in the middle of the ocean. Unfortunately, it isn't, or at least not that I know of. It is a hotel with an attached water park in Rapid City, SD. We spent our honeymoon in the beautiful Black Hills. Funny thing is that we mentioned we went to Watiki to one of my wifes friends and she asked which Hawaiian island that one was. We didn't have the heart to tell her.

21. These 3 users like zenser's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (05-05-2014), glunn (05-05-2014), Riverbrian (05-05-2014)

Twitter
    @crarko
    Quote Originally Posted by zenser View Post
    The wife and I honeymooned in Watiki. I bet some of you are jealous thinking that Watiki is a beautiful island somewhere in the middle of the ocean.
    It was. Just that it was in the Jurassic Period. Damn big mosquitoes then.

23. These 2 users like crarko's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosken Bombo Disco View Post
    It's disappointing. At least he's going with Escobar since his bat has been pretty hot lately---- oh wait

25. These 2 users like TheDean's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (05-05-2014), Riverbrian (05-05-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 87 Times in 54 Posts
    So was it Thursday or Friday last week that Antony declared that Escobar would be getting the majority of the starts at SS. He has now started 2/6 with Florimon the other 4 (plus one start at 3B for Escobar.) And Santana continues to get splinters. This just shows that Florimon on the bench is a worthless option, can't hit and can't play any position other than SS. Send him down already.

Twitter
    @crarko
    It could be worse:

"@SportsCenter: Braves P Aaron Harang will bat 8th tonight. Atlanta has scored just 10 runs during current 6-game losing streak."

Senior Member Triple-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    So we have one honeymoon in The Cleve and another in the most segregated city in America.

Buncha wildcats here at Twins Daily.
    My wife and I honeymooned in Cincinnati, OH. Just to throw another city out there.

29. These 2 users like kdrupp09's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Senior Member Triple-A
    Quote Originally Posted by crarko View Post
    It could be worse:

"@SportsCenter: Braves P Aaron Harang will bat 8th tonight. Atlanta has scored just 10 runs during current 6-game losing streak."

I seem to recall reading somewhere that some of the newer metrics saying that batting the pitcher 8th could help a team score more runs because the 9 spot leads off an inning more than the 8 and it is like having another lead off hitter. Of course, I could be completely wrong too.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast