Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: The Solution

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 87 Times in 54 Posts

The Solution

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyB View Post
    Read: Gardy and Andy took Pelfrey into a back room, showed him some video from the game, and told him he had a groin injury. Pelfrey's response was "No, I'm fine. I'm sure I can work through this." Gardy glanced at Andy who took the initiative to kick Pelfrey in the groin. Pelfrey, on the ground responded, "My groin hurts, you better put me on the DL."
    So it's now a few days later.

Gardy is leading a coaches meeting.

Gardy: Andy, you did a great job on the Pelfrey problem. We got the injury past the commissioner's office. Now on to the next problem. Molly and Bruno, I need you to talk to Florimon about his groin issue. Nunzy is all set to go at Rochester.

Molly: You got it skip.

Molly and Bruno approach Pedro.

Bruno: Pedro, we believe that your low average is due to your groin issue and you need to go on the 60-day DL.

Pedro: No habla Englais. No comprendo.

Bruno glances at Molly who takes the initiative to kick Florimon in the groin. Florimon falls to the ground in pain.

Molly: So do you habla 60-day DL?

Pedro: Si,si - 60-day DL.

Later that afternoon at another coaches meeting.

Gardy: Thanks guys, another problem solved. This should get all those guys at Twins Daily off my back for a while. I love my coaches!
    Last edited by ScottyB; 05-06-2014 at 10:32 AM.

Liked 397 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Funny stuff!

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 775 Times in 407 Posts
    As they say, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
    Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand. - N. Armstrong

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 489 Times in 285 Posts
    Just found out that Gardy was Wired for Sound!™1 in the top of the 7th inning last night. Here is a rush transcript of what was said:

[after Pinto doubles with two outs]

Gardy: Hey Danny, get your helmet.

Santana: Me, coach?

Gardy: Yeah grab your helmet and come here. [Santana grabs his helmet and comes here].

Gardy: It's the very end of the game and I'm playing my moves, laying my cards down. Here's what I want you to do. Are you listening?

Santana: Yes, coach!

Gardy: Good. I want you to go out there and pinch run, and do two things for me. Number 1, don't get picked off. And Number 2, don't hurt yourself jogging back to the dugout after Herrmann makes the third out. Think you can do that?

Santana: Sure thing!

Gardy: Great, now go get after it..

1. PS I have no idea if Wired for Sound is trademarked. If not, someone should go get after it

5. This user likes Hosken Bombo Disco's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Paul Pleiss (05-06-2014)

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,302 Times in 1,753 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyB View Post
    Pedro: No habla Englais. No comprendo.
    I laughed. A guilty pleasure, but I laughed.

Looking forward to the transcript of Gardy's advice to Deduno before his coming start.

Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    Looking forward to the transcript of Gardy's advice to Deduno before his coming start.
    Gardy: "Sammy, we need you to go at least 3 innings. Remember, we only have 16 guys in the bullpen. That makes 21 pitchers and 3 catchers on the team, and Mauersy is still sidelined with his bad back."

8. These 3 users like ScottyB's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

mike wants wins (05-07-2014), Sconnie (05-06-2014), tarheeltwinsfan (05-06-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pleiss View Post
    Whats the discussion between Rick Anderson and Ron Gardenhire concerning Jaron Burton?
    Gardy: Let's talk about the bullpen.

Andy: I think Burton just needs some tweaking. He'll be back.

Gardy: I agree, and he plays a mean game of cribbage. Can we send those upstarts Theilbar and Tonkin down? I'd really like to add Guerrier, and if possible Jesse Crain as well. Oh, I also heard from Juany Rincon, he wants to make a comeback and so does J C Romero. Think we could pry Hawk from the Rockies?

Andy: Yeah, there's nothing like a veteran bullpen. I'd feel most comfortable with at least 15 down in the pen.
    Last edited by ScottyB; 05-07-2014 at 10:09 AM.

11. This user likes ScottyB's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

mike wants wins (05-07-2014)

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 64 Times in 35 Posts
    What about what Gardy tells Colabello when his mom doesn't make it to the game?

Quote Originally Posted by WLFINN View Post
    What about what Gardy tells Colabello when his mom doesn't make it to the game?
    Gardy: Okay Cowbell, you've cooled off the last couple of weeks. Do you really need to have mommy at a game to do well? If so, I'm considering a move. I need more flexibility on the team right now. Minnie Minoso is available. He can play all 3 OF spots, 1B, 3B and even SS in a pinch. He's got a lifetime batting average of .300 and an OPS around .850. I'd really like to see him add that eighth decade to his resume. He doesn't need his mommy around (besides I think she died when she was 95, back in the 60's). I like those veterans and at 88 I think he qualifies.

14. This user likes ScottyB's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

WLFINN (05-07-2014)