Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Twins @ Indians, 5/7 @ 6:05 pm CT

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,948 Times in 1,139 Posts

Game Thread: Twins @ Indians, 5/7 @ 6:05 pm CT

Game-time forecast: Partly cloudy with a 30-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing out to left field at 10-15 m.p.h. Temperature around 65.

Twins:
    SP, Nolasco

Dozier 2B
    Fuld CF
    Plouffe 3B
    Colabello 1B
    Kubel RF
    Suzuki C
    Pinto DH
    Escobar LF (hmmmm ... )
    Florimon SS

Indians:
    SP, Salazar

Morgan CF
    Swisher 1B
    Brantley LF
    Santana 3B
    Murphy RF
    Cabrera SS
    Chisenhall DH
    Gomes C
    Aviles 2B

---------------------------------------

Please check back for the stylings of Riverbrian!
    --------------------------------------------------------

"The Stylings"... That's the name of a Philadelphia Soul Band if you are incredibly lazy... Betcha By Golly Wow!!!

Things to Think about:

1. Escobar in LF -- I actually had some different thoughts but this thread has already exploded and directed my thoughts so I will just follow the crowd. To me it's pretty simple... The Twins are short handed and they have insisted on making an outfielder out of our infielders and if that's what they insist on doing. Damn Right... Put Escobar in LF and let's see what happens... If he looks like Bartlett out there... or if he looks like Delmon Young out there... I'll complain tomorrow. If it works... I will relax a bit and not worry as much about the way the organization approached CF this year. But I don't think I'll ever understand why Bonofacio is not in a Twins Uniform.

2. Florimon at SS -- I'm not surprised... and I'm not sure we should be up in arms about it. If you get up in the morning and you have a cup of coffee every morning. No one should be surprised that you had a cup of coffee this morning. There will be people that say that the coffee will raise your blood pressure and is bad for you but that cup of coffee is how you get through the day... no one should be surprised. Let's save our surprise for when Florimon gets a couple of hits in a game or Gardy quits drinking coffee.

3. Suzuki/Pinto -- Escobar in LF... Yep... Bring it on... Florimon at SS... Yep... Bring it on... But... what's this... Suzuki has moved in front of Pinto in the batting order. This is also not a surprise... Suzuki has been hitting very well and Pinto has cooled off... But to me... This is news... Pinto has been nothing but a terrific hitter his entire short major league career. Pinto is the hitting star in this pair... Suzuki has simply earned it and his performance has outdone and trumped perception.

4. Where's Oswaldo? -- Last I heard... He's in Rochester... Gardy says that he needs to get some more swings but the wrist is not bothering him. I assume that Gardy is getting those reports from someone else and passing them along like a middle man. Roster Moves are supposed to be coming after the game. I guess we will sit and wait... Herrmann going down is my guess... Arcia coming up?

5. The Sky above you -- I read something today that made me pause for a second to ponder what I was reading. According to Military Experts... In Ten Years time... every single country on this planet will have armed drones. Sleep Tight everyone!!!
    Last edited by Riverbrian; 05-07-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Kirby_Waved_At_Me's Avatar
    Liked 169 Times in 89 Posts
    Awesome. Escobar in Left.

Wait. Why? Gardy had to get Florimon's bat in the lineup?

3. This user likes Kirby_Waved_At_Me's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

mike wants wins (05-07-2014)

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
    Why is Florimon playing? I just don't get it... He's the worst hitter in the majors... He's more of an automatic out than many National League pitchers... He needs to go away...

Senior Member All-Star Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 214 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_Waved_At_Me View Post
    Awesome. Escobar in Left.

Wait. Why? Gardy had to get Florimon's bat in the lineup?
    Someone had to be in the lineup instead of Herrmann, I guess.

I thought LEN3 said it was a foregone conclusion the Twins would make a roster move before this game. It's like they're deliberately playing with one arm tied behind their back.

Edit: Just went back and saw that he said the Twins would be making a roster move after tomorrow's (today's) game. I don't know what they're waiting for.
    Last edited by Boom Boom; 05-07-2014 at 03:22 PM.

6. This user likes Boom Boom's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

USAFChief (05-07-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    I was in Grand Marais yesterday. It's about as cold as Florimon, but he's about to warm up too.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 827 Times in 520 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm getting a headache just reading this.

9. This user likes diehardtwinsfan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

twinsnorth49 (05-07-2014)

Liked 288 Times in 146 Posts
    Until a move is made, one of Florimon/Hermann basically has to play, no?

11. This user likes Beezer07's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

USAFChief (05-07-2014)

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 827 Times in 520 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    Game-time forecast: Partly cloudy with a 30-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing out to left field at 10-15 m.p.h. Temperature around 65.
    It's in the 80s today in Indy... Not too much longer guys...

13. This user likes diehardtwinsfan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ChiTownTwinsFan (05-07-2014)

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,948 Times in 1,139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
    Someone had to be in the lineup instead of Herrmann, I guess.

I thought LEN3 said it was a foregone conclusion the Twins would make a roster move before this game. It's like they're deliberately playing with one arm tied behind their back.

Edit: Just went back and saw that he said the Twins would be making a roster move after tomorrow's (today's) game. I don't know what they're waiting for.
    For Arcia to officially clear coming off the DL?

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 348 Times in 169 Posts
    This year Floriman's slash line is:

.109/.186/.156/.342 ops plus of, drum roll, -2.

Serious question, has any major league player played nearly every day this late in the season with a worse line?

This is a wild guess but a negative ops+ is bad, right?
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

16. This user likes Winston Smith's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Senior Member All-Star Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 214 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    For Arcia to officially clear coming off the DL?
    They could DL Mauer or send down a pitcher to get another player up. Parmelee's not on the 40-man but he's looking deserving right now and could play a corner outfield spot.

Arcia looked very bad even before he was hurt.

I guess I'd be more aggressive about making roster moves rather than waiting for a convenient time for them.

18. This user likes Boom Boom's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Liked 87 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezer07 View Post
    Until a move is made, one of Florimon/Hermann basically has to play, no?
    You could play Santana instead. Of course that would leave you with no one to pinch hit - Mauer injured, Florimon .109 BA .342 OPS, Herrmann .114 BA .298 OPS. I guess at least Herrmann gives you some versatility on the bench. Leaving Herrmann and Santana on the bench gives you an alleged backup at all positions.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 50 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    This year Floriman's slash line is:

.109/.186/.156/.342 ops plus of, drum roll, -2.

Serious question, has any major league player played nearly every day this late in the season with a worse line?

This is a wild guess but a negative ops+ is bad, right?
    Fun fact: Florimon's 2014 OPS+ (-2) is lower than Nolasco's career OPS+ (-1). If the rules allowed it (they don't), you might consider using a DH in place of the SS instead of the pitcher.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,315 Times in 710 Posts
    Florimon ughh, I'm embarrassed for them.
    Last edited by twinsnorth49; 05-07-2014 at 04:46 PM.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 56 Times in 31 Posts
    That outfield....what the hell?

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 568 Times in 372 Posts
    Sigh......I'll be at my oldest son's last HS Jazz concert tonight, I won't get to listen to Floriman "bat"......at least not the first three times.
    Lighten up Francis....

24. This user likes mike wants wins's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (05-07-2014)

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 568 Times in 372 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyB View Post
    You could play Santana instead. Of course that would leave you with no one to pinch hit - Mauer injured, Florimon .109 BA .342 OPS, Herrmann .114 BA .298 OPS. I guess at least Herrmann gives you some versatility on the bench. Leaving Herrmann and Santana on the bench gives you an alleged backup at all positions.
    Having a possible PH/PR is waaaaaaaaaaay more valuable than having a better* player hit 4 times for Floriman

* we don't know if Santana is better, but given the HISTORICALLY bad numbers Pedro is putting up, it is certainly possible.....
    Lighten up Francis....

Liked 3,187 Times in 1,365 Posts
    I have been calling for a new manager since last season, but in this case he can only pick from the available options. Of course, there is ample evidence he is at least partially responsible for the construction of the 25 man roster (3 catchers! I need 3 catchers!) So I'm less inclined to cut him complete slack here.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 56 Times in 31 Posts
    I propose we work out a full FO trade with another team. We'll even throw in Brian Duensing.

28. This user likes S.'s post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Tibs (05-07-2014)

Liked 3,187 Times in 1,365 Posts
    And while I will get crucified for bringing it up...could Mauer perhaps play at less than 100 percent?
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

30. These 4 users like USAFChief's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Mr. Brooks (05-07-2014), notoriousgod71 (05-07-2014), Riverbrian (05-07-2014), savvyspy (05-07-2014)

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast