Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Game Thread: Twins @ Indians, 5/7 @ 6:05 pm CT

Liked 115 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    Florimon does.
    Did you fall asleep at the computer? I think you accidently left your finger on the 0 key too long.

2. These 2 users like Reider's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (05-07-2014), Riverbrian (05-07-2014)

Liked 397 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cmathewson View Post
    That was a very catchable ball that even Delmon Young catches. But this is Escos first game out there and he is clearly not used to those slicing fly balls.
    Agreed, an experienced outfielder takes the extra step or two, to get in the direction the ball is traveling

Liked 397 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This game cements my positive impression of Danny Santana. Maybe he's not ready to stay, and maybe his fielding regresses, but dang he's fun to watch.

5. These 2 users like Sconnie's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

cmathewson (05-07-2014), Reider (05-07-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 287 Times in 145 Posts
    Every scorer in the league will call it the same way. It's as written in the rulebook and the scorekeeping guidelines. Unfortunately.
    A ball that hits a fielder's glove without him having to jump, dive, or catch it at a dead sprint is a hit?

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 856 Times in 552 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezer07 View Post
    A ball that hits a fielder's glove without him having to jump, dive, or catch it at a dead sprint is a hit?
    Everyone but the guy that writes the rule book on scorekeeping guidelines knows that was an E-7.

Senior Member All-Star cmathewson's Avatar
    Liked 464 Times in 291 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sconnie View Post
    This game cements my positive impression of Danny Santana. Maybe he's not ready to stay, and maybe his fielding regresses, but dang he's fun to watch.
    He reminds me of Cristian Guzman. With Santana, we have a chance to do that thing right. I always thought Guzman was rushed, and never learned certain basic skills that might have made him a perennial all-star. The challenge with Santana is to not rush him, but give him a chance to develop, so that he can reach his full potential when ready. What I have seen from him in the brief time he's been up here is he could be that special talent who would render the SS debate solved for the foreseeable future.

I can definitely see why they didn't want to sign Drew. I think Santana will be up here for good after the all-star break. He is close. He's better than Florimon now, but he can be even better if he just cleans up a couple of minor issues.
    "If you'da been thinkin' you wouldn't 'a thought that.."

9. This user likes cmathewson's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

amjgt (05-07-2014)

Senior Member All-Star cmathewson's Avatar
    Liked 464 Times in 291 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, that was my thought too - who else available makes that play, except the one guy they have in center?
    Every outfielder on the roster catches that, including Hermann. It was a high fly ball, and Esco stopped several feet before he should have, then lunged for it at the end. He just misjudged the slice.
    "If you'da been thinkin' you wouldn't 'a thought that.."

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Every outfielder on the roster catches that, including Hermann. It was a high fly ball, and Esco stopped several feet before he should have, then lunged for it at the end. He just misjudged the slice.
    Absolutely, for sure Delmon makes it, maybe even Bartlett.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer amjgt's Avatar
    Liked 165 Times in 95 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Absolutely, for sure Delmon makes it, maybe even Bartlett.
    Which isn't even an indictment of Gardy. In general, I'm way more apt to rip Gardy than the front office, but with what Gardy has to work with right now, I'm not sure I would have done things differently.

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    He reminds me of Cristian Guzman. With Santana, we have a chance to do that thing right. I always thought Guzman was rushed, and never learned certain basic skills that might have made him a perennial all-star. The challenge with Santana is to not rush him, but give him a chance to develop, so that he can reach his full potential when ready. What I have seen from him in the brief time he's been up here is he could be that special talent who would render the SS debate solved for the foreseeable future.

I can definitely see why they didn't want to sign Drew. I think Santana will be up here for good after the all-star break. He is close. He's better than Florimon now, but he can be even better if he just cleans up a couple of minor issues.
    Santana has 2,340 minor league PAs, he's 23.5 years old, Escobar was called up for good by the White Sox at the same age, and no one's arguing that Eddie was rushed to the majors. You're absolutely right, he's much better than Florimon right now, even with the inevitable bonehead errors and mistakes in judgement he's bound to commit, and this isn't close- even though you're right, he does need to clean up a few areas.

14. This user likes jokin's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

LaBombo (05-07-2014)

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amjgt View Post
    Which isn't even an indictment of Gardy. In general, I'm way more apt to rip Gardy than the front office, but with what Gardy has to work with right now, I'm not sure I would have done things differently.
    I'm with you, except Gardy and someone in the front office became mistakenly enamored with the presence of Bartlett, and hurt the team in a self-inflicted error by (apparently) keeping a promise to him that never should have been made in the first place.

Liked 1,681 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries
    True, we win 3-0 without your mistake.
    Ughh.. fine. You'll be reverse thanking me when the 2015 draft roles around.

17. This user likes LaBombo's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (05-08-2014)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    The bennies were hits on an unattended beer can.
    Don't forget cig butts and unfinished coffee. The world of chemical mood alteration was an oyster...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sconnie View Post
    I had to fiddle with the bunny ears and turn the knob
    On the Tv or the antenna aimer clicky box?

Cachunk cachunk cacunk...

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617