Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-game Roster Move(s)

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Bullpen use for the past 7 days:

Duensing 4.2 IP 77 pitches
    Fien 3.2 IP 53 pitches
    Perkins 3.0 IP 44 pitches
    Tonkin 1.0 IP 30 pitches (not used since 1 May)
    Swarzak 1.2 IP 37 pitches (only 7 pitches since 1 May)
    Burton 3.1 IP 45 pitches
    Thielbar 1.2 IP 29 pitches

Why on earth does this group need an extra arm in Guerrier? Presumably Gardy will be doing some managin' over the enxt few days "to get them some work in". What a joke.
    Last edited by SydneyTwinsFan; 05-07-2014 at 10:01 PM. Reason: pitch count

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 119 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm fairly confident that Gardy went out to the game tonight thinking he'd be getting Arcia back (and probably sending Tonkin down). Only to find out during/after game that it wasn't happening. He appeared frustrated and I would guess that is why.

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 119 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Moves that happen relatively soon:
    Arcia - Tonkin
    Hicks - Herrmann
    Nunez - Santana (or maybe Florimon)

The balance will soon be restored.

Senior Member All-Star cmathewson's Avatar
    Liked 461 Times in 290 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What Stringer said. This is ridiculous. When are we getting a real front office again that has even the slightest notion of how to manage a roster? Clearly Gardy can't. And apparently, Antony just defers for Gardy on everything. Guerrier is the last pitcher they should call up based on recent performances. But Gardy liked what he saw from him in spring training, so...

We have infielders and catchers playing out of position in the outfield, we have relievers not getting work with 13 pitchers on the roster and literally not a single player to pinch hit late in games. The team has fallen apart at the seams and they are just exchanging relievers on a 13-man staff. It's pathetic.
    "If you'da been thinkin' you wouldn't 'a thought that.."

5. These 5 users like cmathewson's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Don't Feed the Greed Guy (05-08-2014), Hosken Bombo Disco (05-07-2014), mike wants wins (05-08-2014), Mr. Brooks (05-08-2014), stringer bell (05-07-2014)

Liked 391 Times in 259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    except for the whole 3 shortstop thing

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Wow, I'm one if the biggest defenders but this is whack. They actually need another 1b and Parmalee should be it. I am tired of this worry about losing guys off the 40 man when there are 2-3 which are easy DFAs, including two currently on roster

Liked 115 Times in 73 Posts
    Is there a way for us igloo dwellers north of the border to watch post game pressers etc? I've always wanted to see some of the post game interviews etc.. but extra innings and MLB.TV always shuts er' down as soon as the last out is made.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 103 Times in 75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    And yet, somehow I am to trust this front office to rebuild this team. I will never feel bad about ripping Gardy and this front office again.
    I don't for one minute believe Gardenhire isn't involved in these roster changes. This organization believes in consensus. There was nothing to indicate that a replacement of Darnell was needed--and certainly not by Guerrier. This harkens back to the policy of "bring the 'old-gang' back together". You might as well blame Bill Smith for this roster if you are holding Gardenhire blameless and a complete puppet in roster construction.

10. This user likes Kwak's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

mike wants wins (05-08-2014)

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 161 Times in 102 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Twins will set a franchise record when Guerrier appears in a game.

More 30+ year olds will have appeared on the the 2014 Twins than any other Twins team. They had tied the 1991 team when Sam Fuld made an appearance.

Maybe the rebuild will start next year.

12. These 5 users like jorgenswest's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Cris E (05-08-2014), DJL44 (05-08-2014), Don't Feed the Greed Guy (05-08-2014), mike wants wins (05-08-2014), Mr. Brooks (05-08-2014)

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    And the kicker is that someone was removed from the 40-man roster to add Guerrier. Obviously, there are a lot of possibilities and they probably can get somebody through right now and keep him in the organization, but given this outfit's record of late, they'll probably DFA somebody with upside who'll promptly be claimed by Baltimore or Toronto.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 80 Times in 50 Posts
    The Twins organization is a joke. There's really nothing else to say. It doesn't matter how much young talent is in the system - this club will find a way to blow it, whatever it takes.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 843 Times in 539 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    Arcia - Tonkin
    Hicks - Herrmann
    Nunez - Santana (or maybe Florimon)

Jeremy, there's been some pushback disputing an option remaining for Florimon. Have you double-checked your sources on his status in that regard? It seems like sending him down is the obvious move if that option is still an option.

Liked 115 Times in 73 Posts
    If I can't watch the post game presser, is there a Minnesota radio station that covers it so I can at least listen to it?

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    And the kicker is that someone was removed from the 40-man roster to add Guerrier. Obviously, there are a lot of possibilities and they probably can get somebody through right now and keep him in the organization, but given this outfit's record of late, they'll probably DFA somebody with upside who'll promptly be claimed by Baltimore or Toronto.
    Unless it's Hammer on the 60-day.

Don't understand all the complaining. The Twins made the obvious move in bringing up Guerrier and sending down Darnell, who needs to be back in the Red Wings rotation. The future moves are set - Hicks for Hermann, Arcia for a reliever. We won't see Parmalee unless Colabello implodes.

Guerrier will only be around if he can get guys out. If he can't, he will be gone. He is getting a shot, but will be on a short leash.

19. This user likes MileHighTwinsFan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Cris E (05-08-2014)

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighTwinsFan View Post
    Don't understand all the complaining. The Twins made the obvious move in bringing up Guerrier and sending down Darnell, who needs to be back in the Red Wings rotation. The future moves are set - Hicks for Hermann, Arcia for a reliever. We won't see Parmalee unless Colabello implodes.

Guerrier will only be around if he can get guys out. If he can't, he will be gone. He is getting a shot, but will be on a short leash.
    Trying to be polite here....but have you watched the last 3 games? The roster construction is directly forcing the team to play with one hand tied behind their back....they were lucky to win on Monday....there is absolutely no need for a 13 man pitching staff....the moves you recommend can be made, but they don't deal with the interim crisis-mode- from which the only Twins response thus far has been to add a "short-leashed" speculative reclamation reliever. It's nothing short of bizarre.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighTwinsFan View Post

The Triple A club is two hours away by car. The club currently has three shortstops, three catchers, five starting pitchers and eight relief pitchers. That leaves six players for seven positions. One catcher is hitting .114 one shortstop is hitting .108. How are these problems dealt with? By recalling a 35-year-old relief pitcher reclamation project. Guerrier will be driving to Cleveland. Couldn't he have shared his rental car with one or two more position player who could be more useful than Pedro Florimon and Chris Herrmann?

22. This user likes stringer bell's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

golfboy1 (05-08-2014)

Liked 3,142 Times in 1,344 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reider View Post
    If I can't watch the post game presser, is there a Minnesota radio station that covers it so I can at least listen to it?
    I'm in the same boat...Can't watch or listen to anything after the last out.

i can usually get the gist here, but it is frustrating, I agree.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

"Trying to be polite here....but have you watched the last 3 games?"

Yeah, it's like they're not even trying to win this week.

I'm sorry, I've always been one that's patient with moves by the front office. I always tell myself they must know something we don't. They get paid to think this all through...etc... But over the last year I've become convinced they don't have the slightest clue what they're doing.

We lost a game tonight because we had a shortstop in left field. We could have gotten back in the game yesterday had there been someone to pinch hit for Hermann in the 7th. Pelfrey???? Bartlett????? and now Matt Guerrier????? What role could Guerrier possibly play on this team? I liked him back in the day, and I'm sure he's a good guy, but he has done nothing to earn a spot on the 40-man. We need bats right now and their move is to clear a space on the 40-man for Matt Guerrier? This is embarassing.

26. These 8 users like LewFordLives's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ChiTownTwinsFan (05-07-2014), Don't Feed the Greed Guy (05-08-2014), Highabove (05-08-2014), mike wants wins (05-08-2014), Reider (05-08-2014), stringer bell (05-07-2014), SydneyTwinsFan (05-07-2014), USAFChief (05-07-2014)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast