Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Report (5/8): Hurlbut Goes the Distance

  1. #1

    Article: Twins Minor League Report (5/8): Hurlbut Goes the Distance


  2. #2
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    288
    Like
    0
    Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
    "This was really a team effort tonight as the Miracle spread their eight hits around to seven different batters, and four different players scored runs" This is tough to do when your team scores 3 runs.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    288
    Like
    0
    Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
    Polanco now batting .307. Did he get bored after mastering this level or did he not master this level?

  4. #4
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,721
    Like
    1,159
    Liked 568 Times in 372 Posts
    Either way, I'm not convinced a player has to master a level before levelling up. Doesn't matter, we know he won't be promoted until after the ASB, if at all, anyway.
    Lighten up Francis....

  5. #5
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,783
    Like
    896
    Liked 867 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantes929 View Post
    Polanco now batting .307. Did he get bored after mastering this level or did he not master this level?

    Or perhaps the most likely scenario is he's in the midst of what every player who has a breakout season has to endure. The league took notice and has adjusted to his weak points, and now it's his turn to re-adjust. He has good coaching there in Ft Myers, he'll be fine. And he would have been fine getting promoted to New Britain early, as well.

  6. This user likes jokin's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    SD Buhr (05-10-2014)

  7. #6
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,783
    Like
    896
    Liked 867 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Either way, I'm not convinced a player has to master a level before levelling up. Doesn't matter, we know he won't be promoted until after the ASB, if at all, anyway.
    Absolutely right. Consideration for promotion should be on a case-by-case basis, as each prospect has a different dynamic make-up and set of experiences- not the cookie-cutter approach the Twins are fond of, in some 90% of all cases.

  8. #7
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    225
    Like
    44
    Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Either way, I'm not convinced a player has to master a level before levelling up. Doesn't matter, we know he won't be promoted until after the ASB, if at all, anyway.
    Speaking of mastering a level, we know that Buxton dominated High A last year, do his numbers there matter before his promotion to AA or are they just looking for him to look like himself?

  9. #8
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,134
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    49
    Liked 1,607 Times in 834 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrupp09 View Post
    Speaking of mastering a level, we know that Buxton dominated High A last year, do his numbers there matter before his promotion to AA or are they just looking for him to look like himself?
    I think they're just letting him shake off the rust in A+. I expect to see him in New Britain once that happens. Had he not gotten injured, I think he would have started the season in NB.

  10. #9
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,721
    Like
    1,159
    Liked 568 Times in 372 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    I think they're just letting him shake off the rust in A+. I expect to see him in New Britain once that happens. Had he not gotten injured, I think he would have started the season in NB.
    Agreed.
    Lighten up Francis....

  11. #10
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    305
    Like
    13
    Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts
    Article: Twins Minor League Report (5/8): Hurlbut Goes the Distance
    I can't believe you didn't lead with the Gardy-ism that Hurlbut 'pitched his tail off'.

  12. #11
    Junior Member Rookie
    Posts
    1
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Any comments on the Miracles Game against Jupiter - 11-2 win.....Miracles with 5 errors.....Tough on Miracles' pitchers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.