Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Three-Bagger: Wristy Business, Jason K & Mauer Being Mauer

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,588 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jm3319 View Post
    Forget the dingers, where are the doubles? That's my bigger concern.
    Same here. Thankfully, Joe is striking out less in recent days so in time, maybe the doubles will return as well.

Senior Member Double-A troyhobbs's Avatar
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapTheNickname View Post
    I don't suppose this fits here but I'm aggravated by the inability of certain hitters (Mauer and Kubel mainly) for address defensive shifts. As a result they often hit balls hard, but right at fielders. Can't they adjust? Do they even try to adjust? Kubel could certainly, in the correct game-situation, lay down a bunt. A bunt is a single, damn it. And Mauer seems incapable of beating the shift by altering his approach at all. There are gaps out there just waiting to be pounded. Last night he hit two "doubles" down the left field line that were caught.
    Is Mauer worth $20+million/yr? Probably not, but it's funny when people worry about or criticize his performance at the plate. The guy is one of the best hitters of his generation if not the best. Plenty of things to worry about on this team but Joe Mauer is not one of them.

Senior Member Double-A troyhobbs's Avatar
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    This article gives me another chance to repeat my mantra of trying to build the best team possible every year. While it is nice to have talent in your farm system, it's better to have talent on your MLB roster, you can't rely on kids that are years away from MLB to be your savior. The Twinkies have wasted 2 offseasons, if not 3, doing just enough to fill the seats and promising us all that better days are just around the bend as we head into the 4th consecutive 90+ loss season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12