Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Berardino: Antony/Gardy on Aaron Hicks

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    Well, he still bemoans the loss of P-Flow in the field:
    http://blogs.twincities.com/twins/20...orimons-range/

But I have to say that the headline writer was much nastier than Gardy's comments.
    Berardino continues his top-flite beat coverage. I have to publish Gardy's classic passive-aggressive quote:

“He (Esco) catches the balls he’s supposed to catch. He’s got a really strong arm and he’s very sure of himself. Probably not as much range as the other guy, but that’s a lot. You’re talking top of the line there.”
    It seems pretty hard for Gardy to admit he was flat out wrong coming out of ST, I hope Eduardo hasn't made any permanent plans about claiming the SS position- Gardy clearly is losing sleep in not having his .100 BA gettin-after-it Middle Infielder.

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cmathewson View Post
    It will be interesting to see what the Twins do re: the GM job. I truly hope TR can return, as much for my care for his well being as the Twins success. But if he can't, I hope they put another baseball man in charge. It is a long-held belief that you can't make a baseball man from someone who didn't grow up around the game. They tried that with Smith and it was a disaster. I hope they don't repeat that mistake.
    What indications have we received thus far that we're NOT on the exact same course as before?

Tony LaRussa was reported as being considered for various GM jobs in the offseson. Having taken 2 mid-market teams to the MLB pinnacle in the past as manager, with a history of developing young talent and avid student of sabremetric analysis, he would be the dream candidate to take the Twins position, ego and all. Is Jim Pohlad intrepid enough to finally bring in a Type A personality to guide and lead all of the young superstars in the current pipeline?

Liked 1,282 Times in 742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    What indications have we received thus far that we're NOT on the exact same course as before?

Tony LaRussa was reported as being considered for various GM jobs in the offseson. Having taken 2 mid-market teams to the MLB pinnacle in the past as manager, with a history of developing young talent and avid student of sabremetric analysis, he would be the dream candidate to take the Twins position, ego and all. Is Jim Pohlad intrepid enough to finally bring in a Type A personality to guide and lead all of the young superstars in the current pipeline?
    D'Backs beat you to him

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/05/dbacks-hire-tony-la-russa-for-front-office-job.html

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 489 Times in 285 Posts
    holey buckets

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Wow, I feel like I interfered with the Star Trek space-time continuum. The NL West might be starting an arms race reminiscent of the Al East.
    (Oh well, it wasn't like it ever would have occurred to the Twins to consider this "radical" option, anyway. LaRussa's personality would have rocked too many Twins Way wessels.) [/Chekov-off]
    Last edited by jokin; 05-17-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234