Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 364 Times in 192 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Unsung Southpaws

Member Rookie
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for the well written article Seth! Both are great stories. I wish the best of luck to Hurlbut and Tomshaw (awesome names btw!).

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Very good people too who do put in a lot of work. Their velocity keeps increasing a little each year, and that's encouraging!

Senior Member Triple-A DocBauer's Avatar
    Liked 172 Times in 97 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Fun article. Puts them at the forefront of my thoughts when I examine who's who coming up. Being able to "pitch" should never be underestimated as a talent, but often is. I wonder, if they resist the temptation to "throw hard" will they be able to maintain or gain velocity to keep them consistently in the high 80's and low 90 range.

Personally, I have very high hopes for Darnell as well, obviously much higher up the ladder. I'm very encouraged by his start to the year in Rochester, and while his Twins appearance was short, and he was reportedly pumped to throw a little harder than normal, it was nonetheless a nice cup of coffee.

Senior Member All-Star 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 193 Times in 97 Posts
    This is one of the real fun parts about pretty much any sport. I mean, I love the superstar-from-day-one Buxton types as much as anyone, especially if they're on my team. But there's something gratifying to those of us who aren't genetic freaks in seeing people succeed by working hard and doing things the right way. Best of luck to both of them going forward.

Dope write-up Seth. Your constant positivity and insistence on recognizing the underappreciated is inspiring. Hurlbut is a personal favorite of mine: a consistent, above-average performer in any role asked of him (which has been pretty much every role there is).

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Too Much Twins View Post
    Dope write-up Seth. Your constant positivity and insistence on recognizing the underappreciated is inspiring. Hurlbut is a personal favorite of mine: a consistent, above-average performer in any role asked of him (which has been pretty much every role there is).
    I really appreciate that. Thank you! I definitely enjoy these types of stories as well.