Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Article: How Do You Like Chris Parmelee Now?

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I agree on Kubel, but Parm has done himself no favors. It has been a succession of 350 foot fly balls and strikeouts. If he can't hit at this level, he doesn't belong in the majors.

2. This user likes stringer bell's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Paul Pleiss (06-07-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Twitter
    @baseballpirate
    Liked 97 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You guys can't see it, but I'm playing a violin for Parms and Kubel. It's really sweet music. It'll make this next sentence easier to hear. Goodbye Chris, Jason, it's been great seeing you again, but, well, it's just not working out anymore.

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 487 Times in 284 Posts
    Parmelee may not have done himself any favors, but nor have the Twins done Parmelee any favors. Parms was not even called up during the outfield pinch in early May.

Leaving spring training, the Twins corner outfield depth appears to have been:

1. Arcia
    2. Willingham
    3. Kubel
    4. Colabello
    5. Jason Bartlett
    6. Mastroianni
    7. Chriss Herrmann,
    8. Eduardo Escobar,
    9. Chris Parmelee.

Is that about what everyone else had in mind?

Since May 26, when Willingham and Arcia returned full time, Parmelee has had 8 plate appearances (before today). Kubel has had 16, twice as many, and Kubel was already well into his slump prior to that.

Also since May 26 Kubel has had twice as many starts as Parmelee, 4 to 2, with Kubel facing guys like Nick Martinez, Nick Tepesch, and Chase Whitley. Unfortunately, Parmelee drew Tanaka in one of his.

Such is life in the doghouse.

Parmelee is only 26, and I've already documented similarities in the side by side development of Parmelee and Torii Hunter, but I have a feeling it's immaterial at this point. I think as long as we win, no one will care much who gets the playing time. With the Morales signing its a good time for the Twins to hit reset. But I still like Parmelee as a 1B/OF utility guy the rest of the year, and going forward.

Liked 3,143 Times in 1,344 Posts
    Parmelee's primary problem is getting beat by fastballs. There's really no cure for that, it happens to most players at some point as they progress through their baseball careers. For some, it's little league. For some, it's high school, or college. A few get to try professional baseball, and many of those find their match there in the minor leagues. And some wash out in the big leagues. Parmelee, to me, is looking like the last group.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

Blog Entries
    It seems that the next decision is whether to designate Parmelee or option Hicks. Certainly Parm hasn't been a world beater since a nice start, but I think he will survive because it will help Hicks to be sent down. It wouldn't stun me if Parm was designated and I really can't feel sorry if it happens.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    Parmelee's primary problem is getting beat by fastballs. There's really no cure for that, it happens to most players at some point as they progress through their baseball careers. For some, it's little league. For some, it's high school, or college. A few get to try professional baseball, and many of those find their match there in the minor leagues. And some wash out in the big leagues. Parmelee, to me, is looking like the last group.
    I am afraid you are right, Chief. Pretty hard to fix that problem.

8. This user likes stringer bell's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Paul Pleiss (06-08-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Twitter
    @baseballpirate
    Liked 97 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I had big dreams for Chicken Parm, hopes and dreams the size of Mt Rainier. That's big folks. But he's just not getting it done. Maybe he's just a AAAA guy. Maybe he has a future in Japan or Korea, but I just don't know that he has a future in MLB.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123