Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Twins v Mariners, 5/17 @ 6:10pm CT

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,931 Times in 1,132 Posts

Game Thread: Twins v Mariners, 5/17 @ 6:10pm CT

Game-time forecast: Partly cloudy. Winds blowing out to left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Temperature around 60.

Mariners:
    SP, Elias

Jones CF
    Saunders RF
    Cano 2B
    Hart DH
    Seager 3B
    Smoak 1B
    Ackley LF
    Zunino C
    Miller SS

Twins:
    SP, Deduno

Dozier 2B
    Mauer 1B
    Plouffe 3B
    Suzuki DH
    Pinto C
    Colabello RF
    Nunez LF
    Hicks CF
    Escobar SS

---------------------------

More to come ... stay tuned ...
    ----------------------------------------------------

Ok... Things to Think About:

1. Roenis Elias -- He's lefthanded... 25 years old and he defected from Cuba on a boat to Mexico. He's also been OK for the DL riddled Seattle rotation. There isn't a lot of statistical information on him. A couple of years of data in the low minors. He spent 2013 in AA and posted OK numbers. I got a chance to watch him pitch this year and I was pretty impressed... The thing I noticed about him was this huge sweeping curveball. I'd count on seeing it today.

2. Sam Deduno -- 29.2 IP 25 K's and a 3.64 ERA. Since taking over a spot in the rotation for Pelfrey he hasn't been shut down good but he's been a whole lot better then Pelfrey. I stand by my belief that Deduno should not only be in the rotation but if left in the rotation he will perform well enough to earn and stay in the rotation.

3. Colabello -- He's back in the lineup today and I think it's the right call. We are facing a lefthander and tomorrow we face King Felix. If you are going to bust out of a slump... You don't want to try against King Felix and he has to play sometime. So... with a lefthander... Today is the day. Cola is 0 for 15 in the past 7 games. 6 for 47 in the past 15 games... His slump is bone rattling. Compared with April... He's Jeckyl and Hyde... Or Solange in Public and Solange in an Elevator.

4. Santana -- He's not in the lineup today and I don't think that's the right call. He sat yesterday... He shouldn't be sitting two days in a row. Don't get me wrong... Escobar should be in the lineup as well because Escobar is absolutely raking. I just think today is the day to put them both in the lineup... Somehow... Someway...

5. Weddings -- I have another Wedding to attend today... That's two in the past two weeks. I'm happy for the couple... But.. if this keeps up... I'm going to stop acquainting myself with single people just to slow this train down.
    Last edited by Riverbrian; 05-17-2014 at 02:58 PM.

2. This user likes ChiTownTwinsFan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Willihammer (05-17-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 489 Times in 285 Posts
    The rubber band lives!

4. This user likes Hosken Bombo Disco's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Circus Boy (05-17-2014)

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 852 Times in 548 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Gee, the Mariners are up and at it bright and early, posting their lineup already?....must be the time difference....oh, wait...
    Last edited by jokin; 05-17-2014 at 03:06 PM.

Liked 2,297 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosken Bombo Disco View Post
    The rubber band lives!
    Yes it does and today is big day for it with King Felix around the corner.

Liked 1,285 Times in 742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    5. Weddings -- I have another Wedding to attend today... That's two in the past two weeks. I'm happy for the couple... But.. if this keeps up... I'm going to stop acquainting myself with single people just to slow this train down.
    But you get to the age where you don't need to know any single people -- you just need to know their parents.

May/June rivals Christmas on the gift giving expense scale. Graduations and weddings at a peak.

Have fun.

8. This user likes JB_Iowa's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (05-17-2014)

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 776 Times in 408 Posts
    Santana has been dealing with a sore hamstring.
    Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay,
    I sleep all night and I work all day.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 534 Times in 347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    While today is probably the day to start Colabello, right field is not the position to start him. I wrote earlier this week that I never want to see Colabello in the outfield, so I can't be happy about that.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Joe A. Preusser's Avatar
    Liked 165 Times in 95 Posts
    Gotta love the beast AKA Suzuki at DH and batting cleanup. Didn't think i could ever write that and only be 40 percent kidding.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer sampleSizeOfOne's Avatar
    Liked 484 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Yes it does and today is big day for it with King Felix around the corner.
    I'm confused... Isn't today a day off for the rubber band?

We're at .500 after all, and it isn't stretched one way or another.

Shouldn't we cut it some slack for once?

13. These 2 users like sampleSizeOfOne's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (05-17-2014), Riverbrian (05-17-2014)

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 19 Times in 5 Posts
    Kurt "The Big Hurt" Suzuki. What could have been...

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 287 Times in 145 Posts
    Jim Bowden wrote on ESPN.com that he thinks the Twins should trade Suzuki to the Orioles, what with Wieters being hurt and all. I can't disagree. I can disagree, however, with his assessment that "the Twins need pitching, so the Orioles should give them a couple second tier bullpen guys." (In so many words.)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 43 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezer07 View Post
    Jim Bowden wrote on ESPN.com that he thinks the Twins should trade Suzuki to the Orioles, what with Wieters being hurt and all. I can't disagree. I can disagree, however, with his assessment that "the Twins need pitching, so the Orioles should give them a couple second tier bullpen guys." (In so many words.)
    Would rather have a Single A "B" prospect for him. I think that would be a good return as the Twins dont really need more bullpen arms at the present. Not that this is a stellar bullpen or anything

Member Single-A
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Slightly off topic, but I purchased MLB.tv audio, watched a few of the free games, and was offered full season MLB.tv premium for 50% off. Sold. I live in Hawaii and found out that the blackout for me is all games vs. SEA, LAD, LAA, SD, SF, OAK. Thats a lot of blackout.

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 776 Times in 408 Posts
    If they want to trade Hardy for Zuke, sure, take it. Relievers? Hahahaha.
    Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay,
    I sleep all night and I work all day.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 43 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crapforks View Post
    Slightly off topic, but I purchased MLB.tv audio, watched a few of the free games, and was offered full season MLB.tv premium for 50% off. Sold. I live in Hawaii and found out that the blackout for me is all games vs. SEA, LAD, LAA, SD, SF, OAK. Thats a lot of blackout.
    Still get a majority of Twins game though. That feel when you live in southwest corner of Minnesota and don't have cable. Would purchase MLB.tv if I didn't live out in the country (no unlimited internet) and blackouts restrictions

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe A. Preusser View Post
    Gotta love the beast AKA Suzuki at DH and batting cleanup. Didn't think i could ever write that and only be 40 percent kidding.
    40 percent kidding? The guy is carrying this team, if Dozier's the heart of the team, Suzuki is the soul (thus far).

I've always been a fan of Zuke in the past, but never could I have imagined that he was capable of what he's done so far.

21. These 2 users like jokin's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

big dog (05-17-2014), JB_Iowa (05-17-2014)

Mmmm Colabello in right field. Must want to divert his focus from hitting.

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crarko View Post
    If they want to trade Hardy for Zuke, sure, take it. Relievers? Hahahaha.
    When Bowden is providing you free advice....RUN!!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 288 Times in 150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    When Bowden is providing you free advice....RUN!!
    Yeah, no kidding. He's in full radio commentator mode- if you haven't got anything to say, make something up anyway.

Very nice inning for Sammy D!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Kirby_Waved_At_Me's Avatar
    Liked 166 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezer07 View Post
    Well, we know how "a couple second tier bullpen guys" from the Orioles works out for the Twins... If we could convince the Orioles that Hardy is only worth a couple bullpen guys... wait.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast