Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Shortstop Pecking Order

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Shortstop Pecking Order

Liked 397 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Santana has made some moves that show a lack of polish, but none I have seen that are alarming. He's making really good throws, and I haven't seen him botch any grabs or exchanges. It's decision type plays that improve with time. Things like 2 outs, runner on 1rst, slow chopper to short on a hit and run. He has gone to 2 and not gotten the out rather than going to first for an easy end of the inning.

He'll get there. So far his hitting SSS has been good. Man he had wheels.

I'm optimistic got Danny Santana. I think he has a bright future.

I like Escobar anywhere on the team. Santana's wheels are special, hope his glove and decision making catch up. I still like Florimon, his leather is good for taking away a hit a game. Not into Nunez.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nunez is the kind of guy that would make sense back in the 14 position player days as merely a good bat to use to pinch hit and then replace with a defensive infielder. Right now, his ability to play LF is helping him. Santana getting better defensively at short is pretty vital for the future of this team. Of the minor league middle infielders vying for SS, he is the one who seems to be missing only some strictly fielding prowess but has the range and the arm. Beresford has the fielding prowess but is lacking some range and some arm. Polanco has the range but lacks some fielding prowess and some arm. I don't know enough about Aderlin Mejia's defense (and he an adoptee of mine!) to make a similar judgment.

Senior Member Double-A troyhobbs's Avatar
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I like Escobar anywhere on the team. Santana's wheels are special, hope his glove and decision making catch up. I still like Florimon, his leather is good for taking away a hit a game. Not into Nunez.
    So you're into Florimon but not Nunez? Anyone who's good enough to play regularly for the Yankees in the Eastern division ought to be able to contribute to the Twins roster. Florimon is a AAAA player, I really hope Gardy can move on but something tells me we haven't seen the last of Florimon.

6. This user likes troyhobbs's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

LaBombo (05-20-2014)

Liked 1,678 Times in 838 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    Nunez is the kind of guy that would make sense back in the 14 position player days,
    You mean back when teams used to routinely carry three catchers? The good old days! Makes me want to get high on Jolt and Duran Duran. Well, Jolt at least.

Blog Entries
    Well, we can cross Drew off the list of potential people to add to the mix...

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...h-the-red-sox/

Same deal as the qualifying offer, pro-rated to the remainder of the season.

Agent fail.
    Last edited by LaBombo; 05-20-2014 at 05:06 PM.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,282 Times in 686 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBombo View Post
    You mean back when teams used to routinely carry three catchers? The good old days! Makes me want to get high on Jolt and Duran Duran. Well, Jolt at least.
    Nice save.......not buying it though.

10. These 2 users like twinsnorth49's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

LaBombo (05-20-2014), USAFChief (05-21-2014)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Nice save.......not buying it though.
    Immediately lost interest in them with whatever the album was that came out after Rio.

Number 65 on NME's top 100 albums of all time, which surprised me.

Now if I had really wanted to invite scorn and ridicule for an 80's guilty pleasure, I'd have said Hall and Oates...