Thread: Bullpen

Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 614 Times in 329 Posts

Bullpen

I was really impressed by the performance of the bullpen last night. Duensing, Perkins and Capps were lights out.. I got the feeling all three of them went into that game and just said "f**k this" we're not letting this get away. It may sound corny but they had the game faces on, especially Perkins, he was throwing some serious heat and his slider was back to old form.

Say what you like about Capps but if he gets that split finger to work like that one he threw last night, he'll get a lot more batters out.

Liked 682 Times in 439 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Going into the season... Everyone was concerned about the bullpen.

So far the Bullpen has been the only thing performing. Baseball is a funny game that way.

Liked 294 Times in 165 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I hope that you did not just jinx the bullpen.

Liked 682 Times in 439 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    I hope that you did not just jinx the bullpen.
    I'm sorry... I just did exactly that. My Fault.

You can see how this will play out because things even out in the end... All the guys we have hitting below .235 will start to hit a little and raise their averages. When that is happening we will build some leads and that's when the bullpen will come back down to the level we expected of them.

That may sound negative but that #1 pick in 2013 is exciting for me. The Twins will have the next Stephen Strausburg... I don't know who he is... But he's coming.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    That may sound negative but that #1 pick in 2013 is exciting for me. The Twins will have the next Stephen Strausburg... I don't know who he is... But he's coming.
    I have been thinking the same thing -- but we still have a lot of games to lose to get that pick, and playing in the Central, we might not be able to get enough losses to beat out San Diego and the other weak teams.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    I'm sorry... I just did exactly that. My Fault.

You can see how this will play out because things even out in the end... All the guys we have hitting below .235 will start to hit a little and raise their averages. When that is happening we will build some leads and that's when the bullpen will come back down to the level we expected of them.

You indeed jinxed the bullpen -- I am blaming you as I watch them implode in Seattle. We need to be more careful what we say on here.

Pens been fine. Best part of the team. Capps/Burton from the right side & Duensing/Perkins from left side have been solid. Burnett/Gray & Swarzak (bullpen effort only) have been fine.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    It's all the fans fault, they buy the tickets.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hopefully the love affair with Anthony Swarzak will end soon. He is not good. Full stop. Gray is close to an implosion, so the Twins have three guys (Swarzak, Maloney, and Gray) to replace (hopefully with two pitchers and one player).