Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: No More Library?

Liked 1,297 Times in 750 Posts

No More Library?

It was great to see this quote from Kurt Suzuki:

Also, our team chemistry is great. It’s a fun clubhouse. We could surprise this year. We’ll see.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/s...ospects-052014

From what I've read, it seems like Suzuki has strongly contributed to the fun clubhouse.

Have to hope that the fun clubhouse continues even if the record slides south of .500.

2. This user likes JB_Iowa's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (05-20-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    It's great to see a quote like this. There was an obvious absence of any chemistry in spring training that was felt not only by me, but most all of the regulars to camp. The many new faces and all the roster decisions probably had a lot to do with that.

I have to think that the chemistry has resulted in several wins already this season and the playing of .500 ball to this point, which is a shock to most of us. We've won like 9 one run games already this year. I don't remember much of that last season. This has been fun so far.

4. This user likes Halsey Hall's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (05-20-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 493 Times in 288 Posts
    Good starting pitching has a way of turning the other team's clubhouse into a library

6. This user likes Hosken Bombo Disco's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (05-20-2014)

Good news...although I work in a library.

8. These 2 users like Longdistancetwins's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (05-20-2014), Riverbrian (05-20-2014)

Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Twins have made statements about improving the clubhouse during the off season and based on those statements I do believe it was a priority.

I think it's possible that the whole Bartlett thing was a failed attempt at improving the clubhouse. It's the only think I can think of.

If that is the case... I kinda forgive them because I do believe in attitude curing a lot of metric challenges.

If they need a kick in the pants and the guy doing the kicking is hitting .200... So be it.

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,948 Times in 1,139 Posts
    Winning also changes things. They are winning some and it feels good. Let's hope they can keep that going. It goes hand in hand.

And I work in a library, too ... we still have fun even if it is more subtle and not so loud.

11. These 2 users like ChiTownTwinsFan's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Longdistancetwins (05-20-2014), Riverbrian (05-20-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 348 Times in 169 Posts
    I drove by the library this morning and saw some people walking in if that counts. My guess is she is going over to have a talk with Brian!
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

13. This user likes Winston Smith's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (05-20-2014)