Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Report (5/22): Fort Myers' Back-to-Back Jacks

Article: Twins Minor League Report (5/22): Fort Myers' Back-to-Back Jacks

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts
    Does anyone know how Meyer looked, looking at his line it doesn't look to bad, except for the 6 hits and 2 BB?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I am so curious as to what is going to happen in Fort Myers when Nate Roberts - Lance Ray - Byron Buxton - Eddie Rosario - Levi Michael - come off the DL in the next week or two?

There are too many good players on the Miracle line up to just send down to Extended and there are too many good players coming off the DL to start out in Cedar Rapids like they did JD Williams. (JD needs to be at least with the Miracle by now IMO - raw deal if healthy - which he seems to be).

Some serious moving pieces coming up in the minors in the next few weeks. I see some release in the future and I'm nervous as to who might be on the fence?

Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Does the Draft have any affect on who goes where since most draftees seem to start at ETown or GCL?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 220 Times in 140 Posts
    I hope Pino gets to the majors sometime. Not sure how it works for him but it would be nice to see him get a chance up here, maybe as a long man.

Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lightfoot789 View Post
    I am so curious as to what is going to happen in Fort Myers when Nate Roberts - Lance Ray - Byron Buxton - Eddie Rosario - Levi Michael - come off the DL in the next week or two?

There are too many good players on the Miracle line up to just send down to Extended and there are too many good players coming off the DL to start out in Cedar Rapids like they did JD Williams. (JD needs to be at least with the Miracle by now IMO - raw deal if healthy - which he seems to be).

Some serious moving pieces coming up in the minors in the next few weeks. I see some release in the future and I'm nervous as to who might be on the fence?
    Add to that, the Kernels have 5 guys still on the DL, as well. Randy Rosario, Zack Granite, Zack Larson, Jeremias Pineda and Logan Wade will need landing spots somewhere.

I agree, there are likely a number of releases looming.

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for
    MetroSportsReport.comwhile my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    There are some difficult decisions to make in the big leagues, but yeah, there are also some tough decisions that will need to be made in the minors as well. Could be a stressful next 2-3 weeks for a lot of guys.