Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jeff Gray

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nope they don't. If I recall, he didn't pitch that well when he was up here last year did he?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spideyo View Post
    what's FIP?
    Fielding Independent Pitching. It's on the same scale as ERA, but attempts to take fielding out of the equation and only look at things the pitcher controls.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spideyo View Post
    Nope they don't. If I recall, he didn't pitch that well when he was up here last year did he?
    Slama has pitched 7 innings for the Twins in the past two years. While being fairly dominant in the minors every year. This is WEIRD non-moneyballesque ridiculous behavior. Like the exaggerated stereotypical scouts at the beginning of the movie who talk about the sound of the ball off the bat and all that other nonsense.

Give Slama 20 innings this year. It is way better than this Maloney and Gray fill-in nonsense. AGAIN, this team needs to stop filling-in with garbage players and promote prospects.

How's that Joe Thurston doing???

Slama has walked the world every time he has been up. Manship just isn't very good. Gray has actually been a pleasant surprise in my book. Definitely has some velocity, which Slama and Manship lack. He has always had good stuff but has been injury prone. Needs to lower walks but I actually like him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12