Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hermann/Colabello down, Willingham/Arcia up

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 668 Times in 377 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    So Parmelee in CF? I really hope this doesn't cut into his at-bats. It needs to be Parm, Willy, and Arcia every day in the corners and DH.

Not Kubel.
    One game into these guys being back and Pinto and Parms are on the bench for Kubel.

McKayla-bunny-is-also-not-pleased.jpg

2. These 5 users like TheLeviathan's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (05-26-2014), Sconnie (05-26-2014), snepp (05-26-2014), Tibs (05-26-2014), twinsnorth49 (05-26-2014)

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosterman View Post
    It is such a fine line at this moment about playing for the future and promoting guys who WILL be around in 2015 and beyond, of going with the retreads and such, especially since the team is hanging around .500.
    Not a fine line at all. Before the SF series the Twins were half a game away from the second wild card spot. You got to play to win. Not that playing for the future and winning are incompatible, mind you. Get May (or Meyer) for Correia, Pino for Burton, Kris Johnson for Thielbar and get rid of Kubel (and not Santana) when Fuld is ready, and bench Kubel for Pinto meanwhile, for starters. Maybe even Vargas for Willingham at some point might not be a bad choice as well...
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

4. This user likes Thrylos's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Sconnie (05-26-2014)

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 856 Times in 552 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    One game into these guys being back and Pinto and Parms are on the bench for Kubel.

McKayla-bunny-is-also-not-pleased.jpg
    Did you expect any different? Auto-default switch always goes to the vets.
    (Perhaps I can come up with a scenario that they are taking a closer look at Kubel on whether to fish or cut bait....every 30 days, he is entitled to another bonus...)

Liked 397 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Did you expect any different? Auto-default switch always goes to the vets.
    (Perhaps I can come up with a scenario that they are taking a closer look at Kubel on whether to fish or cut bait....every 30 days, he is entitled to another bonus...)
    It looks like Gardy's faith in Kubel may be shaken a bit. He was pinch hit for by Nunez in today's game, bottom of the 9th, down 5 runs. If you can't trust your DH to get a hit, why is he DH?

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sconnie View Post
    It looks like Gardy's faith in Kubel may be shaken a bit. He was pinch hit for by Nunez in today's game, bottom of the 9th, down 5 runs. If you can't trust your DH to get a hit, why is he DH?
    Against a LHP. Usual move.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 173 Times in 107 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I guess I agree. Usual move. Not very convincing though.

Nunez has on OBP of .307 for his career against lefties. Kubel's job is to hit. Being pinch hit for by the utility man is not a vote of confidence. No way that Nunez pinch hits for Thome. It wouldn't be a consideration.

Liked 1,681 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgenswest View Post
    I guess I agree. Usual move. Not very convincing though.

Nunez has on OBP of .307 for his career against lefties. Kubel's job is to hit. Being pinch hit for by the utility man is not a vote of confidence. No way that Nunez pinch hits for Thome. It wouldn't be a consideration.
    Not much of a fan of Kubel using up a roster spot, 25 or 40. That being said, Gardenhire going with the new kid over the .306 obp of Kubel vs LHP is not very surprising or outrageous.

If there were an outrage in this game, my vote would go to the continued, indefensible banishment of Pinto to the bench.

10. These 3 users like LaBombo's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (05-26-2014), Sconnie (05-26-2014), twinsnorth49 (05-26-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 489 Times in 285 Posts
    Broadly speaking, Suzuki has been doing well. It's defensible to let him keep catching.

Specifically, I'm not sure how Kubel ever DH's ahead of Pinto or others anymore, regardless of the "handedness" of the opposing pitcher, especially in hindsight as it resulted in another 0-fer today. Kubel really needs to regain his stroke sometime before yesterday.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,289 Times in 692 Posts
    Didn't Pinto hit a HR against the Giants? In the late innings? Gardy must have missed that.

Pinto not playing, WTF?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12