Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Aaron Hicks position change?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts

Aaron Hicks position change?

I read earlier today that Aaron Hicks will quit batting left and only bat right for now. The real question might be when does he quit being an outfielder and become a pitcher? I do recall when he was drafted that they talked whether he would be drafted as a hitter or pitcher. So there still may be a chance to save his career and convert him into a pitcher.

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 488 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darin617 View Post
    I read earlier today that Aaron Hicks will quit batting left and only bat right for now. The real question might be when does he quit being an outfielder and become a pitcher? I do recall when he was drafted that they talked whether he would be drafted as a hitter or pitcher. So there still may be a chance to save his career and convert him into a pitcher.
    It's an interesting thought and not unprecedented -- do you have any stats or sources?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/aaro...ball-stats.htm

I doubt this link will be allowed.

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 488 Times in 285 Posts
    Wow - good enough for me. Wild but dominant in HS (sort of dominant).

Joe Nathan was converted from position player to pitcher in the minor leagues but I'm wondering if that wasn't right away in A ball or even rookie ball -early early in his career.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 384 Times in 199 Posts
    Sigh...

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 384 Times in 199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darin617 View Post
    You know what else can save his career!?!?

Not throwing in the towel on himat the age of 24

7. These 4 users like SpiritofVodkaDave's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Brad Swanson (05-26-2014), JDW (05-26-2014), Reider (05-27-2014), Tibs (05-26-2014)