Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reusse: 50 Game Grades

Senior Member Big-Leaguer amjgt's Avatar
    Liked 165 Times in 95 Posts
    It's unclear whether he is grading the actual production from the position or if he is grading the handling of that position.

Either way, not giving an "A" to 2B, (which I believe 100% of the innings played by the Twins this year has been Brian Dozier), is completely asinine.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 384 Times in 199 Posts
    People still read Reusse?
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- L. Harvey Oswald

3. This user likes SpiritofVodkaDave's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (05-29-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Kirby_Waved_At_Me's Avatar
    Liked 164 Times in 85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    People still read Reusse?
    I'll read just about anything if it's linked in a TD post.

My apologies to Leo Tolstoy.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 384 Times in 199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_Waved_At_Me View Post
    I'll read just about anything if it's linked in a TD post.

My apologies to Leo Tolstoy.
    Lol I hear ya.

Reusse to me just seems so pointless to read/follow these days, he is clearly one of those old timers who has been doing this gig for far too long where he comes off as old and grumpy in the majority of his "articles", his demeanor seriously reminds me of what would happen when I would wake up my grandpa from a nap when I was younger.

The whole "if you disagree with these I don't care" quip sums it up perfectly, he clearly has no desire to adapt to the changes in media. The Tribune should just offer him a severance package to let him retire (I don't care about his radio show as I prefer KFAN), bring in some younger talent that actually has enthusiasm to write about the sport.

Sid at least is kinda funny in a harmless slightly clueless at times old man sort of way, Reusse is just a curmudgeon.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- L. Harvey Oswald

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 218 Times in 138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Lol I hear ya.

Reusse to me just seems so pointless to read/follow these days, he is clearly one of those old timers who has been doing this gig for far too long where he comes off as old and grumpy in the majority of his "articles", his demeanor seriously reminds me of what would happen when I would wake up my grandpa from a nap when I was younger.

The whole "if you disagree with these I don't care" quip sums it up perfectly, he clearly has no desire to adapt to the changes in media. The Tribune should just offer him a severance package to let him retire (I don't care about his radio show as I prefer KFAN), bring in some younger talent that actually has enthusiasm to write about the sport.

Sid at least is kinda funny in a harmless slightly clueless at times old man sort of way, Reusse is just a curmudgeon.
    I suspect Reusse brings more traffic to startribune.com than you think.

As for "if you disagree with these I don't care" quip, I'd say that's a pretty common attitude among columnists. If you like the columnist, we call it "being snarky."

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 489 Times in 285 Posts
    Reusse will take a position counter to informed opinion just out of spite. I will still read what he says because he is a great writer and has country club access, but "I don't care what you think" sums up his feelings pretty good towards the sports fans when it comes to the Twins, Vikings, etc.

Example of his Gopher football take: He attacks Jerry Kill mercilessly and has said that the Brewster years were not that bad (and his taken some digs at Mason for good measure). Go figure that one out.

That said, he knows the state prep scene better than anyone and has been telling those stories like a pro, for his whole career. Bravo for that.

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 489 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    I suspect Reusse brings more traffic to startribune.com than you think.
    Absolutely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12