Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LEN3 reports that Fuld has turned the corner

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 852 Times in 548 Posts
    Blog Entries

LEN3 reports that Fuld has turned the corner

LaVelle Neal is getting the full inside workings on the ongoing crisis management situation for the Twins in CF.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/tw...tml?page=2&c=y

For a second straight day, outfielder Sam Fuld worked out at Target Field showing no signs of the concussion that landed him on the disabled list earlier in the month. Fuld even hit off a tee.

Fuld could replace Hicks on the roster if he’s over the concussion issues. He likely will have to work out for several days — with no return of symptoms — before even heading out on a minor league rehabilitation assignment.
    It appears he was given the information on Fuld in conjunction with Hicks's status on the team. Reading between the lines, it appears if all continues to improve for Fuld, he could be back in 7-10 days. Rochester, which presumably would be where he rehabbed, is on the road in Charlotte and Atlanta next week, beginning on Tuesday. Perhaps he might be ready by Monday, June 9, as the Twins begin a 9 game, 10-day road trip, in Toronto, which would be a pretty easy plane connection from Atlanta.

Liked 397 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good to see Fuld progressing. He's been sidelined quite a while.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts
    Somehow I am not the least interested in Fuld's return, anyone else think otherwise?

4. This user likes oldguy10's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

amjgt (05-31-2014)

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,931 Times in 1,132 Posts
    It depends on how Hicks does over that course. But if Hicks shows improvement then we have a few other pieces that we could send back to Rochester other than him; or just drop. (ie Kubel who isn't doing so well lately and is redundant.) I think the infielders in the outfield experiment needs to cease so we need Fuld for that as well.

6. This user likes ChiTownTwinsFan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

tarheeltwinsfan (05-31-2014)

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 379 Times in 200 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldguy10 View Post
    Somehow I am not the least interested in Fuld's return, anyone else think otherwise?
    I think having him on the active roster would be a good thing. Santana or Hicks could go to AAA and play. Fuld's defense at all three positions makes him a valuable player (not like MVP value, but value to a roster). It would be good to have him back.

8. These 3 users like Seth Stohs's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

jokin (05-31-2014), Sconnie (06-12-2014), tarheeltwinsfan (05-31-2014)

Liked 2,297 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Blog Entries
    (Raises Hand)

10. These 3 users like Riverbrian's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

jokin (05-31-2014), LaBombo (05-31-2014), snepp (06-01-2014)

Liked 1,680 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    (Raises Hand)
    Yeah. As much fun as Santana has been offensively, he's been almost equally unfun in center. Another option out there besides Hicks can only be a good thing, even though it's just Fuld.

12. This user likes LaBombo's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

jokin (05-31-2014)

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 776 Times in 408 Posts
    I like to think otherwise all the time. It's a habit picked up from this guy, among others.

http://youtu.be/36GT2zI8lVA

Oh, and I think Fuld is the perfect fourth outfielder for this team.
    Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay,
    I sleep all night and I work all day.

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBombo View Post
    Yeah. As much fun as Santana has been offensively, he's been almost equally unfun in center. Another option out there besides Hicks can only be a good thing, even though it's just Fuld.
    Overseen on Rob Antony's "To-Do List Before Terry Gets Back":

More Center Fielders...Less Shortstops

15. These 2 users like jokin's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

LaBombo (05-31-2014), twinsnorth49 (05-31-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Is Juan Castro available for a CF assignment?
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

17. This user likes Ultima Ratio's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

LaBombo (05-31-2014)

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,285 Times in 688 Posts

While we should probably all agree with this, have you seen this team play the outfield?

19. This user likes twinsnorth49's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 171 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A bench role where he starts occasionally, pinch runs and goes into LF as a defensive replacement is a good fit for Fuld.

Similarly, a back up catcher role where he plays once a series and regularly catches Hughes is a good fit for Suzuki.

It is hard to trust that Gardenhire will use the veteran Fuld in the 4th OF bench role.

21. These 2 users like jorgenswest's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Sconnie (06-12-2014), tarheeltwinsfan (05-31-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBombo View Post
    Now that Escobar is cooling down, would Santana get a shot at SS? He's hotter at the dish than Nunez and Nunez has looked equally horrible in LF as Santana in CF. Granted Nunez has looked alright at 3B in his times there. I see the pecking order being Escobar, Santana, Nunez...but that's maybe not what the Twins see.

I'm with others and letting Kubel go. Arcia is back and offers everything Kubel does, but better.

23. This user likes twinsfan34's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 149 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    Is Juan Castro available for a CF assignment?
    Not sure, but I bet we could pry Punto away from the A's for the right price.

Having an actual backup CFer would be a nice change, Fuld fits the bill, so I'll be happy to see his return.

26. These 2 users like whatever54's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

jokin (05-31-2014), twinsnorth49 (05-31-2014)

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think that the Pelfrey story in the same piece (about to be lost for the season) is the bigger story there... Sad news if he needs elbow surgery again, but it looks like it is the case, no matter how much they are downplaying it.
    Last edited by Thrylos; 05-31-2014 at 05:02 PM.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

28. This user likes Thrylos's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

mahukey1 (05-31-2014)

Liked 1,680 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    It depends on how Hicks does over that course. But if Hicks shows improvement then we have a few other pieces that we could send back to Rochester other than him; or just drop. (ie Kubel who isn't doing so well lately and is redundant.) I think the infielders in the outfield experiment needs to cease so we need Fuld for that as well.
    Kubel with one RBI in 67 May PA's. Thanks for the memories, good luck in your future endeavors.

30. This user likes LaBombo's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

jokin (05-31-2014)

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 164 Times in 96 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Personally, I'd like to see Fuld and Santana share duties in center and have Hicks sent to Rochester to learn to hit breaking stuff right-handed.

Did anyone else hear during the radio broadcast yesterday that when Hicks showed up for right-handed BP before Friday's game, he asked that they don't throw him any breaking stuff? He only wanted fastballs? And apparently Gardy "joked" to him that maybe he should go ask the Yankees to do the same thing?

To an outsider, Hicks seems like he simply does not get it.

32. These 2 users like John Bonnes's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

LaBombo (05-31-2014), luckylager (06-01-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 489 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see Fuld and Santana share duties in center and have Hicks sent to Rochester to learn to hit breaking stuff right-handed.

Did anyone else hear during the radio broadcast yesterday that when Hicks showed up for right-handed BP before Friday's game, he asked that they don't throw him any breaking stuff? He only wanted fastballs? And apparently Gardy "joked" to him that maybe he should go ask the Yankees to do the same thing?

Yes. LaValle also reported that in the story linked above.

Hicks not in lineup

Aaron Hicks might want to just hit the reset button on Sunday when June begins.

He work ethic was questioned earlier this month. Then he decided to give up switch hitting. Now he’s sidelined by a sore back.

Hicks took early batting practice Friday and did some outfield work. He said he felt fine.

“I’m ready to start playing games again,’’ Hicks said.

But he asked during batting practice not to face any breaking balls, which had manager Ron Gardenhire a little baffled.

“He said his back is fine. He just didn’t want to see any breaking balls,’’ Gardenhire said. “I called the Yankees and they said they are going to throw some, so I can’t play him.’’

Hicks ended up in the game, however, when Danny Santana stole third base in the third inning. Santana’s helmet fell off his head, hit the ground and whacked him in the face, drawing blood.

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post

Yup. I placed Gardy's quote in the Hicks-related thread. It's pretty clear that not only are both camps not on the same page, at this point, both camps are barely on the same planet. Don't see this ending well.

http://twinsdaily.com/showthread.php...ituation/page6

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast