Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Twins @ Yankees, 5/31@12:10pm CT

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,934 Times in 1,134 Posts

Game Thread: Twins @ Yankees, 5/31@12:10pm CT

Game-time forecast: Partly cloudy. Winds blowing in from left field at 10-15 m.p.h. Temperature near 70.

Twins:
    SP, Correia

Dozier 2B
    Escobar SS
    Mauer DH
    Willingham LF
    Arcia RF
    Plouffe 3B
    Parmelee 1B
    Pinto C
    Hicks CF

Yankees:
    SP, Tanaka

Gardner LF
    Jeter DH
    Ellsbury CF
    Teixiera 1B
    -Roberts (PH/6) 2B
    McCann C
    Soriano RF
    Solarte 2B-3B
    Johnson 3B-1B
    Ryan SS

--------------------------------

And we patiently await for Brian's morning coffee to reach his brain ... check back soon-ish.
    -----------------------------------

No Problem... I just poured the coffee directly on it. Of course my skull was in the way but I found that the burning sensation did jump start me a bit.

Things to Think About:

1. Bloody Eyelids -- In a survey of 100 women... 75% of all women do not find bloody eyelids attractive in a man... 16% don't care either way... 5% seek out men with bloody eyelids and 4% can't find Nebraska on a map. Other interesting data from the survey... 66% would treat the injury with hydrogen peroxide. 22% would treat the wound with stronger nuclear materials and 12% would leave it alone hoping he learns a lesson. More information from the women. 90% percent feel a band aid on they eyelid would look strange while 60% percent think an eye patch would be kinda sexy. 14% percent think an eye patch on both eyes would stop men from looking at other women. 98% would be upset if he got blood on his shirt or furniture and 106% feel strongly that it is the man's fault. No matter what the women think... Danna Santana is out of the lineup today after getting 7 eyelid stitches.

2. Mashiro Tanaka -- Starting for the Yankees today is the latest Japanese sensation Mashiro Tanaka. This guy is 7-1 with a 2.29 ERA. Combine this with his 24-0 record in Japan last year and he has lost just once while winning whatever 24 + 7 is(I didn't bring my abacus). Mashiro is 25 years old and was born in the Hyogo prefecture of Japan. I had to look up what a "prefecture is". The difference between a prefecture and a state is prefectures don't have the same authority that states hold... Prefecture are more like counties. I only thing I know about counties is that I seem to get busted for speeding more in certain counties than others. I've seen Tanaka pitch a couple of times and the first thing that caught my eye was his splitter... It looked nasty.

3. Yosmil Pinto -- He's in the lineup today!!! Starting at Catcher and batting 8th. So... Now what can I complain about. Complaining about Pinto was starting to feel comfortable and once you find comfort in complaining... when you don't have anything to complain about you start to feel uncomfortable. I guess I'm like a farmer... It either rains too much or it doesn't rain enough.

4. 4 5 and 6 -- With Plouffe moved from 3 to 6 in the lineup... The Middle of the order supplied power for our Twins last night and I hope it continues to do just that. Tack on Parmelee at 7 and Pinto at 8 and we have 5 guys in a row who can jerk one. They may need to jerk some today against Tanaka.

5. Mountain Bikes -- My son has a mountain bike... What he doesn't have... is a mountain.
    Last edited by ChiTownTwinsFan; 05-31-2014 at 03:28 PM.

2. These 5 users like ChiTownTwinsFan's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Circus Boy (05-31-2014), glunn (05-31-2014), sampleSizeOfOne (05-31-2014), Sconnie (05-31-2014), Willihammer (05-31-2014)

Has anyone heard how Santana is doing?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
    Man its refreshing to look at a lineup and think... man that team can slug.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 386 Times in 201 Posts

Good news!

I am going to the game today, thus we already know the Twins will lose. The good news is you can enjoy this beautiful day with your family/friends/lover(s) instead of wasting 4 hours watching Correia give up bomb after bomb.

Your welcome in advance,

SOVD
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- L. Harvey Oswald

Liked 1,288 Times in 743 Posts
    You definitely know how to pick your games!

Have fun and pray for a miracle.

Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Hey, if the Cubs can beat Tanaka, so can we! Oh, wait ... the Cubs don't have Correia ...

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,593 Times in 828 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    I am going to the game today, thus we already know the Twins will lose. The good news is you can enjoy this beautiful day with your family/friends/lover(s) instead of wasting 4 hours watching Correia give up bomb after bomb.

Your welcome in advance,

SOVD
    Why on earth would you choose to go to THIS game?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Twitter
    @LoganTibbits
    Liked 203 Times in 123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm liking how that lineup looks
    I couldn't be a player because of bad eyesight, so I decided to be an umpire instead.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 854 Times in 550 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyHawk75 View Post
    Multiple stitches, eye swollen, day to day.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 49 Times in 34 Posts
    So I said it before the San Diego start and he won, but forgot to his last start. Complete game shutout for Corriea?

Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyHawk75 View Post
    This from LEN3: Danny Santana is not available today after taking seven stitches in his right upper eyelid on Friday. His eye is a little swollen, and trainers told Gardenhire no-go with Santana.

Hmm ... I thought it was his left eye?

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    This from LEN3: Danny Santana is not available today after taking seven stitches in his right upper eyelid on Friday. His eye is a little swollen, and trainers told Gardenhire no-go with Santana.

Hmm ... I thought it was his left eye?
    LEN3 desperately needs a copy editor, a job that apparently no longer exists at the Strib.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 534 Times in 347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A little weak at 1B and DH, but hey, the corner OFs, and the rest of the infield is OK>

Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    LEN3 desperately needs a copy editor, a job that apparently no longer exists at the Strib.
    I could be wrong. I don't know where I got left eye. So maybe I should get the copy editor?

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    A little weak at 1B and DH, but hey, the corner OFs, and the rest of the infield is OK>
    "Irony Alert?"

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 39 Times in 27 Posts
    Blog Entries
    May going for the Wings today, so he matches up with Correia perfectly

a guy can hope

18. This user likes TKGuy's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Trautmann13 (05-31-2014)

Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post

1. Bloody Eyelids -- In a survey of 100 women... 75% of all women do not find bloody eyelids attractive in a man... 16% don't care either way... 5% seek out men with bloody eyelids and 4% can't find Nebraska on a map. Other interesting data from the survey... 66% would treat the injury with hydrogen peroxide. 22% would treat the wound with stronger nuclear materials and 12% would leave it alone hoping he learns a lesson. More information from the women. 90% percent feel a band aid on they eyelid would look strange while 60% percent think an eye patch would be kinda sexy. 14% percent think an eye patch on both eyes would stop men from looking at other women. 98% would be upset if he got blood on his shirt or furniture and 106% feel strongly that it is the man's fault. No matter what the women think... Danna Santana is out of the lineup today after getting 7 eyelid stitches.
    You know, Brian ... just some friendly advice. It's kind of dangerous to pretend to think you know what women think, even jokingly.
    Last edited by ChiTownTwinsFan; 05-31-2014 at 12:43 PM.

20. These 2 users like ChiTownTwinsFan's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

JB_Iowa (05-31-2014), Riverbrian (05-31-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer amjgt's Avatar
    Liked 165 Times in 95 Posts
    Dozier 2B
    Escobar SS
    Mauer DH
    Willingham LF
    Arcia RF
    Plouffe 3B
    Parmelee 1B
    Pinto C
    Hicks CF
    I like this lineup. The only way it could be better is with Mauer playing 1st and Suzuki DH-ing, but I think we all know that will not happen.

Any lineup that has The Fire Hydrant in the 8 hole, can't be all bad.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 49 Times in 34 Posts
    Thanks Hammer.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,593 Times in 828 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nice. Runs will be hard-earned today.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast