Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Home Runs

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 532 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries

Home Runs

In their 50-plus year history in Minnesota, the Twins have usually been outhomered. I believe they have hit more homers than their opponents less than ten seasons. Anyway, at this point this year, they have outhomered their opponents 42-41.

However, despite this parity, they have been outscored on homers by 11 runs (68-57). The Twins have 31 solos out of their 42 total. Opponents have 24 solos out of 41. The Twins have hit 6 two-run shots and 5 three-run blasts. Opponents have 12 two-run homers and 4 three-run shots. They also have one grand slam.

Edit: There is missing data somewhere. I'm missing two homers a side, now fixed.

It would figure that a team that puts more runners on would hit more homers with runners on base. However, the Twins OBP is comparable to opponents (.322 to .325).
    Last edited by stringer bell; 05-31-2014 at 04:04 PM.

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 158 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    And, one would think that Arcia and Willingham should help them in this area. Arcia seems to drill the ball regularly (must missed a home run today by drifting foul) and Willingham's blast on Thursday gave me some hope that he might be better than I was anticipating.

Liked 397 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
    And, one would think that Arcia and Willingham should help them in this area. Arcia seems to drill the ball regularly (must missed a home run today by drifting foul) and Willingham's blast on Thursday gave me some hope that he might be better than I was anticipating.
    And unlike Dozier, these two bat in the middle of the lineup.

Senior Member Triple-A DocBauer's Avatar
    Liked 173 Times in 98 Posts
    Blog Entries
    RBI/R discrepancy is probably related to nothing more than blind luck opportunity.

Agree with John 100%. Arcia is a stud waiting to happen. Despite time missed, if healthy the rest of the season, he still might finish first or second in HR's this season, no slighting Dozier.

BTW, how about that arm of his!

I felt during ST Willingam had hitched himself to the Kubel "done wagon". But he looked good his first few games before injury, started to heat up at Rochester, and has looked anything but cooked in his short time back. I sure hope he continues as he and Arcia, with the balance of our lineup, provides a huge boost.

I would not advocate putting the cart before the horse in any way shape or form, but, I have stated previously that I wondered what real value a Hammer trade might bring, and perhaps a solid, productive season from Willingham might be more beneficial for a full season for the Twins than a minor/mediocre trade.

Senior Member Triple-A DocBauer's Avatar
    Liked 173 Times in 98 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Addendum: PLAY PINTO DAILY!

Sorry for yelling, but somebody smack Gardy upside the head.

6. This user likes DocBauer's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Danchat (06-01-2014)