Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Do you think Suzuki has a chance to start in the All-Star game?

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 49 Times in 34 Posts

Do you think Suzuki has a chance to start in the All-Star game?

I'm presuming even if he slumps in June, he's done enough to earn a spot on the team, especially with Gardy on the coaching staff. But do you think he starts if Weiters wins the vote and can't play? He's actually fourth in voting, having passed AJ, which is surprising to see he's getting some respect.

Now I know half the folks here want him to fail so Pinto can play, so they will be disappointed and want Pinto to start the All-Star game too . The funny part is if Pinto produced at all when he did get to play everyday there for awhile, his numbers might be deserving to get him on the team too because the competition is pretty weak. Wonder if any team has ever had both catchers make the same all-star team?

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    I don't know if people want Suzuki to fail.....but speaking for myself, I want Pinto to catch, so that, you know, they have a catcher next year and the year after......

Yes, Suzuki has a shot at the AS game.
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Kirby_Waved_At_Me's Avatar
    Liked 164 Times in 85 Posts
    I couldn't find two same-team Catching All-Stars, but I did find this fun series of articles about the "Great Platoons"
    http://www.hardballtimes.com/?s=great+platoons

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nope
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 45 Times in 31 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye12 View Post
    The funny part is if Pinto produced at all when he did get to play everyday there for awhile, his numbers might be deserving to get him on the team too because the competition is pretty weak. Wonder if any team has ever had both catchers make the same all-star team?
    Pinto had an .805 OPS when he was playing everyday. He was producing.

Tonight will only be his fourth start in 2 1/2 weeks. His OPS has dropped to .767 while Suzuki is at .748.

As for the question, Suzuki has a chance. His competition is Perez and Gomes if Wieters is out. Although if Pinto was playing everyday as he should be, Pinto would have had a good shot as well.

Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Twitter
    @baseballpirate
    Liked 97 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Kurt's motorcycle shop will not be showing it's ware's at the All-Star game. The owner, as reported by the Truman Gazette, will be home visiting relatives over the break. He may be researching a new fuel injection system for the next generation 'crotch rocket'

Liked 1,678 Times in 838 Posts
    Blog Entries
    He... what?