Thread: Article: Interview with Twins GM Terry Ryan - Part 2

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Liked 96 Times in 46 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Interview with Twins GM Terry Ryan - Part 2

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for
    MetroSportsReport.comwhile my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Liked 1,261 Times in 731 Posts
    Thanks, JC.

And it looks like you get a little excitement with a couple of adds --- will be interested to read your impressions of Thorpe and Romero.

Christensen - I get the added pressure of playing in front of the home town crowd but that has to be offset somewhat by the comfort of living somewhere familiar. Nice to see an Iowan having some success.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 563 Times in 368 Posts
    More good stuff, thanks again to both you and Terry.
    Lighten up Francis....

Twitter
    @LoganTibbits
    Liked 203 Times in 123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for putting in the part about Chad Christensen!

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 329 Times in 160 Posts
    Thanks Cricket.

Terry really should have a hat on!!

6. These 2 users like Winston Smith's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

JB_Iowa (06-03-2014), stringer bell (06-03-2014)

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 563 Times in 368 Posts
    Yes he should.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 364 Times in 192 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Great stuff on Kohl Stewart. Would sure be interesting to get his thoughts after seeing him. I think he gave up three runs (1 earned only) in the first inning that game and then nothing the next five. I would think that would be impressive to a GM.

Great stuff on Christensen too. yes, a 25th round pick, but ability to play a lot of places and enough in his bat too.

Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Liked 96 Times in 46 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I didn't get to talk to Ryan afterward, Seth, but I'm sure he was satisfied that Stewart was unaffected by his rare bad outing on Memorial Day. Even the early hits he gave up in the inning the runs were scored were pretty much bloops and bleeders. Little solid contact off him.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 109 Times in 69 Posts
    Nice stuff on Buxty at the end there. Get him at-bats? Could he be talking about Arizona Fall League? Can he repeat the league this year? I know that we all expect Sano to DH towards the end of the year and then go to AFL. How cool would it be to have both of those fellows in the AFL and possibly see JO Berrios. Sounds like an AFL to be excited about (assuming Buxton could be added again).

Also wonder if Rosario could play too. Ill google it and get back to the thread.

edit. I couldnt find anything about repeating. But did find that players have to be activated 45 days before the end of their season (from dl). Also, foreign born players have some regulations so Sano might not be able to play for both of those reasons. Anyone else want to clarify?
    Last edited by Twins Twerp; 06-03-2014 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Clarification

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 91 Times in 51 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I thought I read somewhere that the Twins were not allowing Stewart to throw sliders. Anyone know if that is correct? If true, it's hard to look at his stats, and get any indication of how he is progressing......

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 109 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by curt1965 View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that the Twins were not allowing Stewart to throw sliders. Anyone know if that is correct? If true, it's hard to look at his stats, and get any indication of how he is progressing......
    Reports are that he is working strictly fb/change. I think it is a great idea as he needs to learn how to pitch and not rely on his slider which is his best pitch. Just imagine how good he could be with that slider.

Quote Originally Posted by curt1965 View Post
    I've repeated that line before and I've seen it mentioned many times. But is there any kind of official confirmation on that?