Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/3): Wheeler Dealer

Twins Contributor Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/3): Wheeler Dealer

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    another week for Rosario in A+, you think, or more?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    another week for Rosario in A+, you think, or more?
    Its a good question. He has missed a lot of real game at bats but assume he was still working on his game even during the suspension. I would guess any week long stretch of hitting around .300 should get him back to AA. I think the Twins want to promote him so it would be nice if he could force the issue with his play.

A guy can't lose his 4th decision of the year in the first loss he's had since his second start of the season.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 851 Times in 547 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Adam Walker appears to have finally made the adjustments to High A and flipped the switch. In his last 11 games:

Slash- .349/.370/.744/1.114
    Iso- .395

During this stretch, he has his K% under 20% (19.7%) versus a season-long K% of just under 28%. Walker had a very slow start, but he now leads the league in HRs (12).
    Last edited by jokin; 06-04-2014 at 07:18 PM.

Anything to Polanco not making the FSL team? I haven't been tracking his stats but it sounds like he's been very solid again after being moved up this year and being well under league average age, or did I get him confused with someone else?

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 851 Times in 547 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beboppinbot View Post
    Anything to Polanco not making the FSL team? I haven't been tracking his stats but it sounds like he's been very solid again after being moved up this year and being well under league average age, or did I get him confused with someone else?
    The voters (presumably team managers?) must not like all of the errors. Polanco leads the league for Shortstops in OPS, wOBA, wRC+, BB/K, lowest K%, most BBs. He's 2nd in SLG, OBP, ISO, Hits, 2Bs, BB%. Sounds like an All Star snubbing to me. Hopefully, it's just adds more fuel to Jorge's fire. (FWIW, the Rays SS got the All Star nod, Reginatto had the highest BA among SS- .314 to Polanco's .291---of course, Reginatto is also 24 years old).