Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Brewers@Twins 6/5 7:10PM

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Blog Entries

Game Thread: Brewers@Twins 6/5 7:10PM

Game-time forecast: Partly cloudy with a 30-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing in from right field at 10-15 m.p.h. Temperature around 70.

ChiTown is coming along with the lineups. Check This Space for great specials.
    Hey, Bri -- not sure what's special, but here you go ...

Brewers:
    SP, Peralta

Segura SS
    Braun RF
    Lucroy C
    Gomez CF
    Ramirez DH
    Davis LF
    Gennett 2B
    Reynolds 3B
    Overbay 1B

Twins:
    SP, Correia

Santana CF
    Dozier 2B
    Mauer 1B
    Willingham LF
    Arcia RF
    Plouffe DH
    Nuñez 3B
    Pinto C
    Escobar SS

--------------------------------------------------

Things to Think About:

1. Fun -- 28 and 29... That's kinda fun. Yes... That's where our wildest dreams live after the past few years. A .500 Record... Alright... Let's throw a party. Just in case the sarcasm meter is going off while you read this. It shouldn't be going off at all. I'm happy with the 28-29 record and the team is currently 4 games out of first in the AL Central. There is plenty of baseball to go and one hot streak could bring the cops to the party after the neighbors complain.

2. Wily Peralta -- Tonight the Twins face Wily Peralta... and Wily is doing quite well this year. He spent the last year as an average starter at the age of 21. He's 22 this year and his numbers dropped with a 2.73 ERA thus far. Wily was born in the Dominican Republic... A place called Samana. Hanley Ramirez and Fernando Rodney are also from Samana. If you look at a map of the Dominican Republic... it looks like a Triceratops looking to the right and if that's the case. Samana is located in the horn. So... If the Domincan republic were ever attacked by a T Rex. They would use Samana and surrounding area to impale the attacker. Obviously, sometime during his youth an "L" fell off his first name (probably when the T-Rex attacked) and he was too lazy to find it and put it back. He didn't own a baseball glove until he was 11 years old and used to practice pitching by throwing a lemon. Sometimes he would use a lime and after he watched younger children licking the wall that he was throwing against... He realized that he had invented Sprite. Wily throws a hard sinker and he throws it again and again and again and again. How he learned to throw a sinker like that with a lemon... I have no idea.

3. Rain -- There is rain in the forecast tonight for Target Field. The rain is supposed to fall between 7th and 5th street and 2nd and 6th Avenue in Minneapolis. The Target Center and Graves Hotel forecast is sunny.

4. Oswaldo Arcia -- Just like the Brewers are happy to see Peralta take large leaps forward in his development. The Twins have to be happy with the way Arcia is swinging the bat right now. Last night... He got around on an inside fastball and managed to keep it fair and gone by a large distance. That is an impressive set of hands. Keeping that ball fair takes talent. When you see him do something like that you realize that his potential ceiling is quite high. It's a moment where you put the stats down. Whatever they say... they don't say enough... He's capable of more.

5. Muzak -- I just realized that Muzak isn't really around much anymore. It's mostly used as on-hold entertainment these days. You don't find it in elevators much anymore... I suppose that's progress. I'm thinking about this because I sat on hold for a little while today and listened to a Muzak Version of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and I got a little nervous. It was the fear that whoever came up with the idea of Muzak may be coming up with another idea.
    Last edited by ChiTownTwinsFan; 06-05-2014 at 04:06 PM.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

2. These 4 users like Riverbrian's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Circus Boy (06-05-2014), glunn (06-05-2014), JB_Iowa (06-05-2014), Willihammer (06-05-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 257 Times in 125 Posts
    Muzak is all boutique satellite stations now with original artists. You can hear it in most larger retail stores, including the one my wife and I own in S.D. Not sure what you were hearing. Possibly some ironic bump on NPR?

4. This user likes Circus Boy's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (06-05-2014)

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,281 Times in 1,747 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I hope the Twins can do to Wile E. Peralta what the Roadrunner did to him.

6. These 2 users like ashburyjohn's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (06-05-2014), Riverbrian (06-05-2014)

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 843 Times in 539 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm not surprised that Nunez was inserted into the lineup tonight, but I am surprised that he isn't playing 2nd Base. I thought for sure it was the right time for Dozier to finally take his first night off from the field and DH. Still, it's another solid-looking lineup, but I fear Wile E is going to be too much, he throws a gopher ball or two, but the wind is blowing in on the Twins lefties tonight.

Like many, our attention will be directed elsewhere. Hopefully this is the last time for a long, long time that the Twins draft so high, I'm hoping the worst they end up with is Gordon.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 563 Times in 368 Posts
    Pinto again?

9. This user likes mike wants wins's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ChiTownTwinsFan (06-05-2014)

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 843 Times in 539 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Pinto again?
    Baby steps for Gardy?..... or is TR back on duty in limited-task-mode- with some friendly phonecall lineup advice?

11. This user likes jokin's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (06-05-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 50 Times in 30 Posts
    Hopefully the Twins win again so Gardy must put Pinto in for a third game in a row.

13. These 2 users like MichiganTwins's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

mike wants wins (06-05-2014), Riverbrian (06-05-2014)

Senior Member MVP
    If this is the start of Pinto catching 40% of the time, and DHing 20-30%of the time, that would be great.....imo.
    Lighten up Francis....

15. This user likes mike wants wins's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (06-05-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 287 Times in 145 Posts
    Hope Pinto can break out of his slump tonight. Gonna need his offense once Willingham stops playing like it's 2010

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 487 Times in 284 Posts
    Throwback uniforms again? Throwback to when, last Tuesday?

18. These 2 users like Hosken Bombo Disco's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

gil4 (06-05-2014), Riverbrian (06-05-2014)

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,281 Times in 1,747 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosken Bombo Disco View Post
    Throwback uniforms again? Throwback to when, last Tuesday?
    Throw back to the clubhouse guy, I would have thought.

20. This user likes ashburyjohn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (06-05-2014)

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 775 Times in 407 Posts
    Nick Gordon isn't in the lineup? Somebody needs to be fired. Immediately.
    Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand. - N. Armstrong

22. These 6 users like crarko's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (06-05-2014), gil4 (06-05-2014), glunn (06-05-2014), mike wants wins (06-05-2014), Riverbrian (06-05-2014), USAFChief (06-05-2014)

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,581 Times in 822 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crarko View Post
    Nick Gordon isn't in the lineup? Somebody needs to be fired. Immediately.
    They don't even have Stewart available in the pen tonight.

Pathetic.

24. These 2 users like Brock Beauchamp's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (06-05-2014), Riverbrian (06-05-2014)

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,581 Times in 822 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hey, I just noticed that the 2013 Ace Pitcher didn't give up any runs in the first inning.

Way to go, champ!

Senior Member MVP
    The lack of posts here so far is a bit odd.....
    Lighten up Francis....

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm here now... I'm usually a couple of pages.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 775 Times in 407 Posts
    Well, I could start my exoplanets lecture one paragraph at a time but people might get a little bored.
    Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand. - N. Armstrong

29. This user likes crarko's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (06-05-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Twitter
    @LoganTibbits
    Liked 203 Times in 123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Gomez was excited about that catch. That's fun to see
    I couldn't be a player because of bad eyesight, so I decided to be an umpire instead.

Senior Member MVP
    Quote Originally Posted by crarko View Post
    Well, I could start my exoplanets lecture one paragraph at a time but people might get a little bored.
    I love physics, or is it more astronomy?
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Joe A. Preusser's Avatar
    Liked 165 Times in 95 Posts
    Is it too early ti jinx Correa?

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast