Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 379 Times in 200 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/8): Non-Offensive

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Miracle need to find their team Home Run strokes. As a team the Miracle have 18 Home Runs this half (minus AB Walker). [Gonzales 5 - Polanco 4 - Hicks 2 - Turner 2 - Kepler 2 - Harrison 1 - Mejia 1 - Goodrum 1].

Last year in Cedar Rapids many of these same guys would have totaled 45 Home Runs as a team in their respective half of a seasons. [Hicks 13 - J.D. Wiiliams 8 - Kepler 9 - Harrison 10 - Gonzales 5]. This obviously doesn't show a true comparison with a seasons 1st half, but it does show some of the Power numbers these guys have been capable of in a respective half of season.

All of these guys have some serious power - So why isn't it showing in games? Maybe they are concentrating too much on being better hitters and not tapping in to what they do best. The Miracle are so much better than their numbers show. IMO

Great Game Wheeler!!

Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Twitter
    @baseballpirate
    Liked 97 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Remember that the GCL has a lot of larger parks due to them being the ST homes of many MLB teams. It's never bad to want more homers, and I think we'll see these young guys adjusting well as they move through the season. The power will come. Be patient grasshopper.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pleiss View Post
    Remember that the GCL has a lot of larger parks due to them being the ST homes of many MLB teams. It's never bad to want more homers, and I think we'll see these young guys adjusting well as they move through the season. The power will come. Be patient grasshopper.
    I'll quote you here for future reference

5. This user likes lightfoot789's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Paul Pleiss (06-08-2014)

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 379 Times in 200 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Paul is right, although it's the FSL (not the GCL)... I do think the bigger thing shown is just how incredible what Walker is doing. Guys just don't typically hit that many homers in the FSL. That said, I'd expect more from some of those guys.

Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Twitter
    @baseballpirate
    Liked 97 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Paul is right, although it's the FSL (not the GCL)... I do think the bigger thing shown is just how incredible what Walker is doing. Guys just don't typically hit that many homers in the FSL. That said, I'd expect more from some of those guys.
    GCL, FSL, tomato, tomato.

(use humor to hide embarrassment)

8. This user likes Paul Pleiss's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

jokin (06-08-2014)