Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Moving On

Article: Moving On

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 119 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You're a great dude, A.J. And I think I speak for everyone when I say that you'll be successful in whatever it is you choose to do. I, personally, appreciate you opening up the doors on what it's like to be a ballplayer, for taking the time to talk to people (like me) who are much less knowledgeable than you. And for sharing late-night baseball stories in the Beloit Applebees.

You're a prospect, man, and someone is gonna be real happy to call you up... in the real world.

Liked 1,279 Times in 740 Posts
    Thank you for all you have brought to Twins Daily ... for giving us an understanding of the day to day life in MiLB, for taking us along on your journey, for helping us to understand the drive and determination it takes each and every day.

All the very best to you, your wife and your extended family members. It seems as though you will have many options to share your passion for the game and for life ... whether through the written word, through coaching or through another avenue.

It has been our privilege to read your thoughts the past couple of years. Enjoy your life -- and let us know how you're doing from time to time!

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 123 Times in 89 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You will find a new (and better) career quickly. You can look at this as baseball taking away previous time from your writing career.

Best of luck. I enjoyed your writing.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    AJ, congrats for going after your dream and making it happen and congrats again for stepping away when it was not your dream any more. Wishing you the best on the next page of your life.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    Good luck in your future. Really appreciated what you did here.

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 158 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for discussing a tough subject in such a personal and candid way AJ. You'll always be a favorite of this community, and I can hardly wait to see what you do next.

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,927 Times in 1,129 Posts
    All the best to you, AJ. Thanks for all that you've shared with us here.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    By the way, everybody, I bugged AJ all day yesterday and told him he needed to keep writing here occasionally... and I think he'll be willing to do that from time to time... I hope so at least... OK, it I didn't have to bug him too much.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
    One thing that really needs to be mentioned is that sometimes we only look at a journey like A.J. Petterson's as a means to an end, and forget that sometimes the journey is an ends in itself. Minor league baseball is a special thing, and too often the game is clouded over when it is only seen as a dream. Anyone who has been to a game knows it is more than that. It is worthwhile in itself. Congratulations on a great baseball career A.J.

AJP, you have blessed us with your writings, thoughts, philosphy, ... . Thank you. We wish you all the best.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 218 Times in 138 Posts
    Best of luck!

Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Twitter
    @baseballpirate
    Liked 97 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's been a pleasure following you from draft day until today. I had a chance to talk to you at a game in Iowa about growing up in Minnesota, to talk MiLB with you on my podcast, and to read your thoughts here on Twins daily. It's been a pleasure. I wish you much luck in whatever comes next for you. Go Twins!

Best luck to you AJ. I hope you really enjoy the next phase of your life.

Very few people have as much success in sports as you have. I know most of us would of loved to have been in your shoes for a few days. I always enjoyed your post . You seem like a genuinely good person. Keep us updated!

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 44 Times in 24 Posts
    Blog Entries
    AJ, To quote Bob Hope: "Thanks for the memories." Now onward and upward. You'll be fine young man. I hope you keep writing. I especially admire your honesty in your writing. I hope you will keep in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by mlhouse View Post
    sometimes the journey is an ends in itself... Congratulations on a great baseball career A.J.
    Ditto the other comments here. Mulhouse and Shane and all... I like this line: "Remember, the detour is the journey." AJP thanks for sharing your journey with us. I join the TD community in gratitude, and in wishing you the best in whatever comes next!

Senior Member Triple-A DocBauer's Avatar
    Liked 173 Times in 98 Posts
    Blog Entries
    AJ, thank you so much for all the tremendous insights and contributions you have shared with us. Not only the baseball side of your life and journey, but the very real personal side to things you revealed.

There is only a few at Twins Daily that have met you or know you in any way. But I think articles, openness and candor makes us all feel that we've met you and know you, at least a little bit. The Twins organization was lucky to have you, and might just be a little bit bleaker now without you. Who knows, perhaps your career path, if you do follow new dreams that lead you to coaching and the such, might lead you back to the Twins organization one day.

If you decide to agree to Seth's request to continue writing here, you will have some very grateful readers. Best of luck to you and yours AJ.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/gametra...140329_MIN@BOS

Always remember playing and scoring in your Call Up game this past spring training. Those are the moments that make the journey worth while. Great reading your articles and a pleasure following your gritty utility style of play. You are the definition of a hard nosed "Ball Player" - Enjoy your new ride??????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast