Thread: Mark Trumbo?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts

Mark Trumbo?

What would it take to pry Mark Trumbo off the Angels? He would be a nice fit at 1B with all the questions with Morneau. Would they actually have any interest in any prospects the Twins have? I would include Valencia in the deal if they would take him. Maybe Glen Perkins could be a piece of the deal.

Liked 292 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darin617 View Post
    What would it take to pry Mark Trumbo off the Angels? He would be a nice fit at 1B with all the questions with Morneau. Would they actually have any interest in any prospects the Twins have? I would include Valencia in the deal if they would take him. Maybe Glen Perkins could be a piece of the deal.
    At this point, he might choose to retire rather than have to play for the Twins. Barring that, the Angels would probably want Span, because they could use a centerfielder who can hit.

Have you ever heard of a guy named Mike Trout? The Angels would have not much interest in Span.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Valencia?? In order to aqcuire talent, you have to give up talent. Valencia doesn't qualify.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darin617 View Post
    Have you ever heard of a guy named Mike Trout? The Angels would have not much interest in Span.
    I have seen him play, but not that often this year. Bourjous has more at bats than Trout this year and they are both hitting under 2.35. And Vernon Wells is hitting .238.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    You know why? Trout was just called up last week!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    .238 sounds pretty damn good compared to how some of our guys are doing

Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts
    I don't know what it would take, but I would love to have him here. Unfortunately, the Angels depth is OF and that is likely the Twins depth as well. Parmalee would have to get sent down.

The more I think about what it would take, I'd rather take whatever minimal assets we have and try to convert them to pitching. I do like Trumbo, but I don't know if it is a good fit overall given all our needs. It probably depends on if the pricetag is "cheap".

There, I have answered the question SO clearly, and all the Twins problems are solved. Because of those two brief, well-thought out and clear paragraphs above.

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I was thinking this last week when we were in LA. Even though they don't have a good place for Trumbo ATM, they wouldn't give him up for cheap. I don't see us making that trade.
    I bent my wookie...

Quote Originally Posted by spideyo View Post
    .238 sounds pretty damn good compared to how some of our guys are doing
    That would be worthy of a contract extension here. Look how many time they kept putting Clete Thomas out there with all his troubles.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 197 Times in 125 Posts
    Trumbo is an intetesting name but his low OBP and high K rate probably aren't a fit for a young rebuilding team. Rumor was Toronto was inerested but they can't afford to part with the bullpen arms the Angels want. The Twins could step in with a package around Perkins and possibly snag one of the young starters in Toronto's system.

Blog Entries
    Maybe the Angels would take the deal if we would also take Pujols and his massive salary? If I were an Angels fan, I would be worried that Pujols might turn out to be the worst move in the history of baseball.