Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trevor Cahill DFA'd by Dbacks (Twins should take a flyer)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 37 Times in 31 Posts
    His line drive percentage is up. It is not bad luck that babip is up. I would take a look to see if his slider and cutter are working

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 37 Times in 31 Posts
    Given the struggles of Nolasco, Deduno and Correia, Cahill blocks no one.

3. This user likes The Wise One's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Kirby_Waved_At_Me (06-12-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Kirby_Waved_At_Me's Avatar
    Liked 169 Times in 89 Posts
    One Orioles Fan seems to think Cahill should be claimed by a team:

http://camdendepot.blogspot.com/2014...ome-sense.html

The thing that sticks out like a sore thumb is the Lefty/Righty Splits. Left handed batters seem to be very successful this year against Cahill...

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 40 Times in 26 Posts
    Pelfrey and Correia for Cahill, otherwise no deal.

Quote Originally Posted by DJL44 View Post
    Pelfrey and Correia for Cahill, otherwise no deal.
    I was gonna say throw in Kubel, since he's a former Diamondback player and Cahill and Kubel were both recently DFA'd.

Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Twitter
    @baseballpirate
    Liked 97 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries
    No risk. No reward.

If the Twins are serious about 2014 I think they make this move, because it makes the team better. We may all be clammoring for May/Meyer and the rest of the guys down in AAA, but I don't expect any of them to come up and be good right away. Remember what happened with Gibson last season? The guys in AAA still have something to learn when they get to the Twins, Cahill could provide an immediate boost to the pitching staff and someone who could help them win now.

Rick Anderson and his crew are good at teaching guys how to not walk people, seems like a good idea to bring in Cahill and let him pitch to contact to the Twins defense which has been top-5 in the league at turning GB's into outs.

It's a lot of money to invest, and comes with future money for next season, but hey, if yo want to win, you have to play the game, and you have to pay to play.

Welcome to Minnesota Trevor.

8. This user likes Paul Pleiss's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

kab21 (06-13-2014)

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 864 Times in 555 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pleiss View Post
    No risk. No reward.

If the Twins are serious about 2014 I think they make this move, because it makes the team better. We may all be clammoring for May/Meyer and the rest of the guys down in AAA, but I don't expect any of them to come up and be good right away. Remember what happened with Gibson last season? The guys in AAA still have something to learn when they get to the Twins, Cahill could provide an immediate boost to the pitching staff and someone who could help them win now.

Rick Anderson and his crew are good at teaching guys how to not walk people, seems like a good idea to bring in Cahill and let him pitch to contact to the Twins defense which has been top-5 in the league at turning GB's into outs.

It's a lot of money to invest, and comes with future money for next season, but hey, if yo want to win, you have to play the game, and you have to pay to play.

Welcome to Minnesota Trevor.
    D’backs Option Trevor Cahill

By Steve Adams [June 12, 2014 at 1:09pm CDT]
    JUNE 12: Cahill has been optioned to the Diamondbacks’ Single-A Advanced affiliate, the club announced on Twitter. He will take the ball as the starter for Visalia tonight, tweets Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic, which confirms both that he has accepted the assignment and that he will look to stretch out again as a starter.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 824 Times in 518 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Kind of pointless if he was optioned. He's not free to take. Cahill has been a pretty good player in the past and was also a big prospect. I don't see him being given away.

Huh - the earlier reports said he was DFA'd. If they optioned him yesterday, he must have cleared waivers first. I guess the contract was too big for anyone to bite (or there were teams interested, but were talked out of it by the Arizona GM?).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12