Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parmalee needs to be sent back to Rochester

Liked 297 Times in 166 Posts
    Blog Entries

Parmelee needs to be sent back to Rochester

Parmelee is totally stinking at the plate, and his fielding is pathetic. Bring up Mastroianni to play first base. Even if his defense stinks there (because he in not used to playing first base), it seems unlikely that he could do worse than Parmalee. And Parmalee seems lost at the plate. I like Parmelee and hope that he can get it together. But at the moment he needs more time at AAA.
    Last edited by glunn; 05-07-2012 at 11:51 PM. Reason: typo

Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 617 Times in 331 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Parmalee is totally stinking at the plate, and his fielding is pathetic.

Bring up Mastroianni to play first base. Even if his defense stinks there (because he in not used to playing first base), it seems unlikely that he could do worse than Parmalee. And Parmalee seems lost at the plate.

I like Parmalee and hope that he can get it together. But at the moment he needs more time at AAA.

I don't totally disagree that AAA might be in his best interests but he did have a hit tonight and overall has been solid at 1st base, he missed a sign tonight, unfortunate.

If we are gonna call up Mastroianni to play 1B.....why not put Ben Revere over there. Think of the range he would have with that speed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    I don't totally disagree that AAA might be in his best interests but he did have a hit tonight and overall has been solid at 1st base, he missed a sign tonight, unfortunate.
    I am not basing this solely on tonight. There have been a number of grounders hit to his right that I am used to seeing caught, but his reaction time seems poor -- he does not seem to start moving his feet until it's too late, then he dives in vain. I really like this kid, but think that he needs to work on his defense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    If we are gonna call up Mastroianni to play 1B.....why not put Ben Revere over there. Think of the range he would have with that speed.
    At this point, I would not complain if they put TC Bear at first -- just get Parmalee back to Rochester where he can work on his game.

I am not basing this solely on tonight. There have been a number of grounders hit to his right that I am used to seeing caught, but his reaction time seems poor -- he does not seem to start moving his feet until it's too late, then he dives in vain. I really like this kid, but think that he needs to work on his defense.
    I can tell you like him and you're not dumping on him but I've seen just about every game he's played at first and I have to disagree, he's made the plays. His defense has not caused the team any issues.

Liked 204 Times in 108 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm in favor of Parmelee going back to Rochester... Mastroianni at 1B makes no sense. Parmelee has been alright defensively, I think. He's never going to be Mientkiewicz and Twins fans need to know that. He is part of the future, so doing whta is best for him should be all that matters.

Blog Entries
    I can tell you like him and you're not dumping on him but I've seen just about every game he's played at first and I have to disagree, he's made the plays. His defense has not caused the team any issues.
    I do like him.

What about the bunt play tonight -- shouldn't he have made that play?

I am probably biased because I see so many games from the perspective of the opposing team -- living in California I have to take what I can get. When the Angels (or whatever team's enemy broadcast I am watching) get a hit, they play it over and over again in slow motion, and it often looks like Paramalee does not start moving his feet until the ball has traveled pretty far.

Hey.......

Until Justin makes it a four-man rotation, keep playing Parmelee as he is the future (Bates, Rizzoti, etc. aren't). He needs a look. But, please bring up Revere and let him play everday until Justin returns. Let's get something going on the basepaths. Sadly, playing the Rule 5 guy is a slap in the face of a Twins #1 draft pick.

I do like him.

What about the bunt play tonight -- shouldn't he have made that play?

I am probably biased because I see so many games from the perspective of the opposing team -- living in California I have to take what I can get. When the Angels (or whatever team's enemy broadcast I am watching) get a hit, they play it over and over again in slow motion, and it often looks like Paramalee does not start moving his feet until the ball has traveled pretty far.
    The runner beat it out, I'm pretty sure it was Bourjos, that bugger is fast, no error on the play, it was 50/50 in my estimation. No he's not The Flash down the line but I've seen him come up with a couple of nice plays diving to his left and he makes the routine ones. For the record I have been advocating Parmelee to be sent down for weeks, I think you're right but not because of his defense, it's been more than adequate.

Blog Entries
    ParmElee

Hendriks

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    ParmElee

Hendriks
    Plouffe??? Who are three guys who should be sent down?? Do I win a prize?

Liked 688 Times in 444 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Plouffe??? Who are three guys who should be sent down?? Do I win a prize?
    Alex Trebek was also Canadien I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Alex Trebek was also Canadien I believe.
    Yes he "is", present tense please, the man is still alive and very much Canadian...................much like Scott Diamond.......GO DIAMOND!!!!!!!
    Go easy on him.

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Once Morneau is able to play first again they should send Parmelee down. Until then we do need him.
    I bent my wookie...

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    I'm in favor of Parmelee going back to Rochester... Mastroianni at 1B makes no sense. Parmelee has been alright defensively, I think. He's never going to be Mientkiewicz and Twins fans need to know that. He is part of the future, so doing whta is best for him should be all that matters.
    If Parmalee is our 1B of the future..that's not a comforting thought.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Matt Carson and Darin Mastroianni can both play all three OF positions, so maybe Plouffe better diversify further and play some first base. That also helps Parmelee get the hell out of over-his-head land.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cr9617 View Post
    If Parmalee is our 1B of the future..that's not a comforting thought.
    By 2014/2015 it will probably be Sano. Parmelee might end up being a 1B/RF part-timer, LH pinch-hitter. Let's hope that is the case.

Let's all add "Parmelee" to our spell-check dictionaries. This way we'll only see the squiggly red line under the "Parmalee" spelling, and we'll correct ourselves before clicking the Post Reply button.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by benhertz View Post
    Let's all add "Parmelee" to our spell-check dictionaries. This way we'll only see the squiggly red line under the "Parmalee" spelling, and we'll correct ourselves before clicking the Post Reply button.
    Thank you! Don't forget also that it is "Liam Hendriks," not "Liam Hendricks." I'll give people a pass on Mastroianni, but not for too long. He's been around the org for a couple of months now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast