Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/13): Meyer Exits Early

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Steve Lein's Avatar
    Twitter
    @HangingSL
    Liked 29 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/13): Meyer Exits Early

Scouting Report: Tools - Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 40, Speed: 40. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but can sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)
    Spring Training Regular since 2011.

Twitter
    @HangingSL
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/13): Meyer Exits Early

Scouting Report: Tools - Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 40, Speed: 40. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but can sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)
    Spring Training Regular since 2011.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 50 Times in 34 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Any word / reason for the early exit by Meyer?

There are some under the radar guys that I keep seeing pop up in the box scores of these reports. The first one and most impressive has been Todd Van Steensel. This guy seems to be a stud. Jason Kanzler and Ryan Walker are the others I keep seeing. These may be some quality prospects in a couple years.

So Meyer DIDN'T early due to injury?

Liked 20 Times in 15 Posts
    Geeze, that's a scary headline. Might want to clarify that.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 378 Times in 232 Posts
    I'd think we would have heard about an injury if there was one, but 55 pitches after 2 innings sounds suspicious to me. No one wants to give up 3 ER in 2 innings, but it seems pretty rare to remove a guy because of that. Plenty of guys give up 3 ER in the first two innings and end up looking respectable when their final line is 3ER after 6 innings.

Twitter
    @HangingSL
    Blog Entries
    Just a lot of pitches early in the game. It's my opinion a lot of pitches per inning, is much worse than high pitch counts for a game. "Chased" probably would have been a much better word, haha. Sorry for any heart attacks!

Twitter
    @HangingSL
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smcginnity View Post
    There are some under the radar guys that I keep seeing pop up in the box scores of these reports. The first one and most impressive has been Todd Van Steensel. This guy seems to be a stud. Jason Kanzler and Ryan Walker are the others I keep seeing. These may be some quality prospects in a couple years.
    Van Steensel is getting a second chance with the organization, this time as a reliever. He has definitely looked good so far!