Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pelfrey has Surgery to Alleviate Pressure on Ulner Nerve

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 287 Times in 145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinscowboysbulls View Post
    Does this mean we are going to have to wait ANOTHER two years to see the 'enhanced' Pelfrey coming off of TJS?!?
    "Enhanced"? Did he get a robot arm installed? If so, I want one.

The bottom line is none of this is really hurting the Team. It cost the owners some money but that is the extent of the problem. Next year, use him in long relief or 7th inning RP or not at all. I would be a lot more worried about Mauer and Nolasco. The Pelfrey problem really is not a problem.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 534 Times in 347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I like Pelf. In Spring Training, he made a point to sign autographs. He talked at length to the kids. I am hopeful they found what was wrong with his arm and that he will provide a backup rotation option next year.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 663 Times in 374 Posts
    I know Pelfrey being on the DL alleviates some of my nerves.....

5. This user likes TheLeviathan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

h2oface (06-11-2014)

Liked 42 Times in 30 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This should be great news for the Twins. The longer Pelfrey is not pitching again for the Twins, the better the chances for the team to be more successful and the better the opportunity for Meyer and May to join the team. IF the Twins miraculously play themselves into the playoffs, there is only one starter on the team right now that I can see helping the Twins advance, and that is Hughes. Gibson has some hope. Nolasco and Correia, making every team a whole team of .310 hitters......... is not something to look forward to. Pelfrey may be a nice guy, and that is great, but helping the team win is the most important.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by h2oface View Post
    This should be great news for the Twins. The longer Pelfrey is not pitching again for the Twins, the better the chances for the team to be more successful and the better the opportunity for Meyer and May to join the team. IF the Twins miraculously play themselves into the playoffs, there is only one starter on the team right now that I can see helping the Twins advance, and that is Hughes. Gibson has some hope. Nolasco and Correia, making every team a whole team of .310 hitters......... is not something to look forward to. Pelfrey may be a nice guy, and that is great, but helping the team win is the most important.
    And when they finally get around to 60-daying Pelfrey, they create room on the 40-man roster for somebody in AAA to come up, and either help the playoff run or get the prospect important experience to get him better ready for 2015.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12