Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All-Stars

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 58 Times in 47 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I was just on MLB.com and saw that among AL catchers Oakland has the 2 with the highest OPS in the league. Suzuki has the highest OPS however among C who qualify for the batting title. in fact 2nd place on the list was 50 points lower.

http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/sortable.js...39;&extended=0

Blog Entries
    Could Escobar gain enough playing time to be worthy of a selection as he would be leading the AL SS in OPS if he had enough plate appearances to qualify.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 810 Times in 510 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Could Escobar gain enough playing time to be worthy of a selection as he would be leading the AL SS in OPS if he had enough plate appearances to qualify.

I doubt it. The Twins sent 3 all stars on some of their best teams, I doubt they send more than 2... the only consolation might be that since it's in Minnesota, you might see an extra Twin that wouldn't otherwise make it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    I doubt it. The Twins sent 3 all stars on some of their best teams, I doubt they send more than 2... the only consolation might be that since it's in Minnesota, you might see an extra Twin that wouldn't otherwise make it.
    I would currently doubt it but if Escobar increases his average from .308 to .320 and hits 10+ 2bs next month would he be able to do enough in that regards to make it or be in the conversation.

Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pius Jefferson View Post
    Cano is more than 224,000 votes ahead of second place. So barring a surprise turnaround he's probably going to be the starter. It helps Dozier that Dallas Keuchel should make the team regardless of Houston needing a rep.
    I think the only way Keuchel makes the team is if Altuve is on the DL. That could happen since he was hit in the hand yesterday. Otherwise, Altuve, if healthy, should be their rep. There could be an outside shot Springer could get in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12