Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Twins @ Tigers, 6/13 @ 6:08pm CT

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,927 Times in 1,129 Posts

Game Thread: Twins @ Tigers, 6/13 @ 6:08pm CT

Game-time forecast: Mostly sunny. Winds blowing out to center field at 10-15 m.p.h. Temperature around 65.

Twins:
    SP, Gibson

Daniel Santana CF
    Kurt Suzuki C
    Joe Mauer 1B
    Josh Willingham LF
    Kendrys Morales DH
    Oswaldo Arcia RF
    Trevor Plouffe 3B
    Eduardo Nuñez SS
    Eduardo Escobar 2B

Tigers:
    SP, Smyly

Ian Kinsler 2B
    Austin Jackson CF
    Miguel Cabrera 1B
    Victor Martinez DH
    J.D. Martinez RF
    Don Kelly LF
    Nick Castellanos 3B
    Alex Avila C
    Andrew Romine SS

-----------------------------

Well, Brian, think! Think hard! Oh, but don't give yourself a headache!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    OK... But I just ate a bowl of ice cream real fast.

Things to Think About:

1. Detroit -- Nestled in the beautiful Mountains of the Rio Grande... Detroit is a destination city for tourists across the globe who are immediately struck by the beautiful turquoise ocean and it's soothing waves crashing upon the shore. The City of Detroit was built by the Auto Industry... Around the turn of the century Lew and Danny Ford were tired of getting where they needed by horse and buggy. Looking at the back end of a horse is no way to go through the life so they built the automobile. The brothers went to Kitty Hawk North Carolina and tested this new contraption and they found out that the pure weight of the automobile made it difficult for the horses to pull. A month or so later... they decided to put wheels on the automobile and the horses were soon able to pull them and an industry was born. A few years later... the horses were no longer necessary and fast forward to today and the Toyota Camry is the number one selling car in America.

2. The Tigers -- They have cooled off quite a bit and they seem determined. Determined to make the AL Central the tightest race in all of baseball. Just 4 games separate the 1st place Tigers from the last place Twins. If this keeps up for a couple more months... The entire division will be buyers and not sellers.

3. Drew Smyly -- He's a 25 year old lefthander from Little Rock Arkansas. He played college ball at the University of Arkansas. He's Arkansas to the bone. He wears a silly Razorback Hat... He's been to Hot Springs and finds the waters slightly warm. He was in Texarkana when the Bandit and Snowman picked up cases of beer. He was implicated in the Whitewater scandal and he doesn't wear shoes. His uncle is the Mayor of Bugtussle and used to date Jethrine. When I've seen him pitch... he looks like the real deal to me... His fastball will sit in the low 90's but it has nice movement into right handed batters. This would be the type of guy that Dozier would love to turn on but it seems he isn't in the lineup.

4. Brian Dozier -- He isn't starting today and that's the first time he hasn't started all year. His back must still be a little wonky after running into Nunez. Eduardo Nunez is playing SS once again so he will have to run into Eduardo Escobar this time. We have the Eduardo Keystone Combo working today. Obviously... Nunez doesn't have 2B experience because leaving Escobar at SS and putting Nunez at 2B would have been a cleaner move.

5. Restaurants -- I wanted to try a restaurant that we haven't tried but my wife got a bad review from a co-worker and didn't want to go. According to my wife... the co-worker said and I quote... "The food was terrible and the portions were too small". I just asked her to think about that combination of problems for awhile. My wife looked at me funny... She didn't get it. As we were driving to a different restaurant. All of a sudden she started laughing out of the blue... She finally got it.
    Last edited by Riverbrian; 06-13-2014 at 04:19 PM.

2. These 8 users like ChiTownTwinsFan's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Circus Boy (06-13-2014), curt1965 (06-13-2014), Gibby (06-13-2014), glunn (06-13-2014), JB_Iowa (06-13-2014), Puckett34 (06-13-2014), sampleSizeOfOne (06-13-2014), Willihammer (06-13-2014)

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries
    No Dozier. I hope he's healthy enough to be available to PH, both for his power swing and for maintaining his consecutive games streak.

Liked 1,279 Times in 740 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post

Well, Brian, think! Think hard! Oh, but don't give yourself a headache!
    Who thinks on a Friday afternoon????

5. These 2 users like JB_Iowa's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (06-13-2014), Riverbrian (06-13-2014)

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nunez continues at SS, Escobar at 2nd. Suzuki promoted to the 2-hole in the order.

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,927 Times in 1,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    Exactly.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,585 Times in 823 Posts
    Blog Entries
    And Eduardo double play tandem.

I hope no one dies today.

9. This user likes Brock Beauchamp's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (06-13-2014)

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 206 Times in 115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    And Eduardo double play tandem.
    I'm looking forward to the verb Eduardoed on double plays.

11. These 3 users like PseudoSABR's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (06-13-2014), gil4 (06-13-2014), Riverbrian (06-13-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Kirby_Waved_At_Me's Avatar
    Liked 164 Times in 85 Posts
    EduarDOS

13. These 2 users like Kirby_Waved_At_Me's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (06-13-2014), USAFChief (06-13-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    No Dozier. I hope he's healthy enough to be available to PH, both for his power swing and for maintaining his consecutive games streak.

• Brian Murphy ‏@murphPPress 2m
      Dozier visited chiropractor in Detroit for adjustment that helped but pain, tightness in back will prevent him from coming off bench tonight

Liked 132 Times in 85 Posts
    No me. That for sure.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 810 Times in 510 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverBrian View Post
    5. Restaurants -- I wanted to try a restaurant that we haven't tried but my wife got a bad review from a co-worker and didn't want to go. According to my wife... the co-worker said and I quote... "The food was terrible and the portions were too small". I just asked her to think about that combination of problems for awhile. My wife looked at me funny... She didn't get it. As we were driving to a different restaurant. All of a sudden she started laughing out of the blue... She finally got it.
    That's priceless.

17. These 2 users like diehardtwinsfan's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

JB_Iowa (06-13-2014), Riverbrian (06-13-2014)

1. Detroit -- Nestled in the beautiful Mountains of the Rio Grande... Detroit is a destination city for tourists across the globe who are immediately struck by the beautiful turquoise ocean and it's soothing waves crashing upon the shore.
    Safer for German Kayakers than the Grand Canyon. (With apologies to the families of the German Kayakers -- no disrespect intended.) But I'm thinking they should stick to the U.S. version of the Autobahn.

3. Drew Smyly -- He's a 25 year old lefthander from Little Rock Arkansas. He played college ball at the University of Arkansas. He's Arkansas to the bone. He wears a silly Razorback Hat... He's been to Hot Springs and finds the waters slightly warm. He was in Texarkana when the Bandit and Snowman picked up cases of beer. He was implicated in the Whitewater scandal and he doesn't wear shoes. His uncle is the Mayor of Bugtussle and used to date Jethrine.
    Has a cousin named Nub, a football coach named Wood Newton, enjoys the front porch swing and glass of lemonade.

19. This user likes JB_Iowa's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (06-13-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 280 Times in 152 Posts
    It's "Weird Pitching Splits" night tonight. We all know how much better Gibson has pitched at home, but Smyly's right/left splits are even more extreme. Righties have an .874 OPS against him, while lefties are about half of that at .439...wow! Gardy has as many righties as he can in the lineup, but it would be better if Dozier were available. Only Joe (1 for 10 against Smyly) and Oswaldo (0 for 1) as righties. Maybe Gardy should just have them bunt. Smyly gives up a HR every 21 at bats to righties, so I like our collection of power hitting righties with that breeze blowing out.

Let's hope Gibson figures out his road woes, but I'm not optimistic. Two other times this year the Twins had an off day before a Gibson road start (Tampa and San Fran) and both times he chose to golf on that off day...and got shelled the next day. Detroit has some nice golf courses, so I'm guessing Gibby hit the links again yesterday. although maybe not now that his golfing buddy Hicks has been shipped out. We'll know in about 2 hours.

We need to take this series, we NEED it. Lets hope the last game was a sign Joe is breaking out!!!!

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 775 Times in 407 Posts
    Well, I had no choice. First real customer case on the new job. Happily, progress was made.
    Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand. - N. Armstrong

Liked 397 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Per Mn Twins site, Hicks to the 15 day DL due to shoulder injury. Fuld and Fryer are up

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,585 Times in 823 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Me. I'm just getting going for the weekend.

#TheJoysOfWebsiteOwnership

25. This user likes Brock Beauchamp's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (06-13-2014)

Liked 924 Times in 563 Posts
    I'm all alone tonight. Do I sit here and comment about anything but the game, or should I head out to a rooftop patio and work my game?

Liked 924 Times in 563 Posts
    <-------I had to take her to the vet today. All went well until it was time to take the temperature.

28. This user likes Gibby's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (06-13-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 384 Times in 214 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Is it just me or is that Detroit lineup... unimpressive?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast