Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Buxton/Sano Video and Article on Injury Recovery

Buxton/Sano Video and Article on Injury Recovery

2. This user likes BUGuy37's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (06-15-2014)

Liked 1,296 Times in 750 Posts
    Well, Souhan hit that one out of the park. Thanks for posting the link.

I love this from Mientkiewicz:

“I don’t miss the 30 homers and 100 RBI as much as I miss Sano holding his teammates accountable, and Buck does that, too. That’s great to see from two guys who — let’s be real — our organization is relying on. They’re both deserving of their reputations. Hopefully, they will become the players we believe they will be.”

Nice to think that they are headed for being great leaders as well as great players.

One thing that worries me, though having grown up mostly before the video game craze. This constant use of a video game controller -- can it really be good for your wrist?????

4. This user likes JB_Iowa's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (06-15-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 77 Times in 58 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good read. Been wanting for an article like this. And further updates on those two guys...

Nice to hear they may be forming a great friendship to build on.

I've watched the Twins a lot more than I thought I would this year. Layst year, it was tough to finish watching many of the games vs just check a box score after the game was finished. Glad the Twins are doing well, despite these two guys being out.

I wish I knew more on Buxton's injury. Just seems, perhaps like Sano's injury or unlike it, that there is possible further damage?

I hope they're doing ultra sound (get more blood to the location, heal faster) to anti-inflammatories, ice, heat, and the like - wasn't mentioned specifically in the article - but the Twins has a medical staff that is no doubt better than my pre-med education - so despite the seemingly indefinite wait on this wrist injury - just have to trust they're doing everything possible to ensure a healthy and quick recovery.

6. This user likes twinsfan34's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (06-16-2014)

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 384 Times in 235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post

One thing that worries me, though having grown up mostly before the video game craze. This constant use of a video game controller -- can it really be good for your wrist?????
    Young men have been putting undue stress on their wrists since the beginning of time

8. These 2 users like nicksaviking's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

h2oface (06-15-2014), luckylager (06-15-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Young men have been putting undue stress on their wrists since the beginning of time

But now its a double whammy

Twitter
    @JimCrikket
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Souhan really did a nice job with this article. Love the story and video of them fishing.

If you're reaching for a silver lining (and who isn't, at this point?), maybe the fact that these two guys are going through this together will be a positive thing for them and for the Twins in the future.

At the very least, it has to help them both to not feel like they're going through this summer alone.

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for
    MetroSportsReport.comwhile my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

11. This user likes SD Buhr's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (06-16-2014)

Liked 401 Times in 264 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Great stuff

Liked 401 Times in 264 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think you missed the joke

Quote Originally Posted by Sconnie View Post
    I think you missed the joke
    I don't think I did. (however, please remember that I'm as old a many of your moms so I may word my response a little carefully).

15. These 2 users like JB_Iowa's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Sconnie (06-15-2014), USAFChief (06-15-2014)

I hate seeing Sano toss the ball to Buxton to throw it in for him. God damn, this year has been hard on our top prospects. Ugh!

18. This user likes JB_Iowa's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

James (06-16-2014)

Liked 43 Times in 31 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I hope we don't hear the news of a fish hook in the eye or leg..... or elbow thrown out casting. Buxton's wrist sure has taken a long time to heal. These guys should learn how to slide the way the base stealing records were all set........... feet first.
    Last edited by h2oface; 06-15-2014 at 09:09 PM.

20. This user likes h2oface's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (06-16-2014)

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 670 Times in 379 Posts
    Video game controllers really aren't much pressure on the wrists. Using a desktop computer/keyboard is far more stressful. I wouldn't see a connection there.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Sano is a full sized young man. However, am I alone in expecting him to look just a tad more cut? Also, is it a real good idea for a $ multi-million prospect to be eating fish he and his friends caught out of a drainage ditch along side an urban Florida road? Jeesh!

23. This user likes Ncgo4's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (06-16-2014)

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 540 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good news! A half season of games, split between FtM and NB, and then the Fall League. Maybe he'll make it to Minnesota in 2015, as I've expected all year. The big thing is to have any hope of reaching the timetable I just laid out, Buxton can't miss any more time with injury.

Quote Originally Posted by h2oface View Post
    I hope we don't hear the news of a fish hook in the eye or leg..... or elbow thrown out casting. Buxton's wrist sure has taken a long time to heal. These guys should learn how to slide the way the base stealing records were all set........... feet first.
    1500 ESPN reported that he slid feet first and they think it was likely injured when he put his arm down to slide it on the dirt as a guide/stopper and re-aggravated it. Sounds like the same way JJ Hardy hurt his wrist in 2010, except Hardy hit a triple.

And the first time Buxton hurt it he was playing defense.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 540 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins33 View Post
    1500 ESPN reported that he slid feet first and they think it was likely injured when he put his arm down to slide it on the dirt as a guide/stopper and re-aggravated it. Sounds like the same way JJ Hardy hurt his wrist in 2010, except Hardy hit a triple.

And the first time Buxton hurt it he was playing defense.
    Correct. I was there. My brother was watching the game and he said that there wasn't anyone concerned about the injury at all.

Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Neither one of these guys have to, I'll bet.

Twitter
    @LoganTibbits
    Liked 203 Times in 123 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ncgo4 View Post
    Sano is a full sized young man. However, am I alone in expecting him to look just a tad more cut? Also, is it a real good idea for a $ multi-million prospect to be eating fish he and his friends caught out of a drainage ditch along side an urban Florida road? Jeesh!
    Miguel Sano is something like 6'4" ~240 lbs. That is a large person and it's difficult to look cut at that size.

What's wrong with eating some fish you just caught? If anything it is more fresh than what you buy from the store.
    I couldn't be a player because of bad eyesight, so I decided to be an umpire instead.