06-15-2014, 11:55 AM #1
Game Thread: Twins@Tigers 6/15 12:08:47PM
Game Time Temp 73 and Rain will fall elsewhere on the planet.
Twins SP: Ricky Nolasco
1. Santana SS
2. Mauer 1B
3. Dozier 2B
4. Willingham LF
5. Morales DH
6. Arcia RF
7. Suzuki C
8. Fuld CF
9. Escobar 3B
Tigers SP: Rick Porcello
1. Kinsler 2B
2. Hunter RF
3. Cabrera 1B
4. V. Martinez DH
5. J.D. Martinez LF
6. Jackson CF
7. Castellanos 3B
8. Avila C
9. Saurez SS
Things to Think About:
1. Voodoo Dolls -- Saturday the 14th was unlucky for the Twins. Ugly game to watch on it's own but with Plouffe going down with an injury and his backup Eduardo Nunez also going down with an injury and the game took a couple steps beyond a simple ugly baseball game. The front office is looking into the obviously connected injuries and discovered a voodoo doll in the Rochester locker stall of Deibinson Romero. The evidence was obvious... Doll #24... had a needle stuck through the left oblique and doll #9 had a needle stuck through the right hamstring. Voodoo is quite common in the Dominican Republic so it all makes sense and the scary part of this discovery was that these dolls were not alone. Doll #30 was holding a cookie in his right hand... Doll #21 would not stay centered... it would face slightly to the right and slightly to the left but never centered... Doll #7 had a snake clamped on to his arm and Doll #35 was completely headless. The Twins opted to call up Pedro Florimon while Romero's dolls were confiscated.
2. Rick Porcello -- He's been pitching in the majors for a long time but he is only 25 years old. He hails from Morristown New Jersey. Morristown is famous because General George Washington and his troops camped there for 5 months during the Vietnam War. Fast Forward to today and Morristown is known as the hometown of Peter Dinklage. Rick was drafted in the 1st round of the 2007 draft... 27th overall. Tiger fans were screaming at the front office because they were clearly dragging their feet advancing Porcello. After 125 agonizing innings at High A Ball pitching in Lakeland Florida. The Tigers finally caved to the pressure and gave him a place on the opening day roster in 2009 at the age of 20. While he was clearly beyond what is normally considered a prospect. He managed to pitch just well enough to stay in the majors despite never producing an ERA below 4.00. With Porcello... It's all about the sinker and the talent of the infield behind him.
3. Pedro Florimon -- He's back... and if Nunez doesn't get better soon... He may even play someday. I know... I make myself laugh with comments like that.
4. The Rubber Game -- The Twins had better want this one. The AL Central is a log jam and winning a series against the division leader is important. Even in June... I know... I make myself laugh with comments like that.
5. Father's Day -- I'm a father... My Oldest Son is out of town and my youngest son is recovering from Nose Surgery. So it'll be a quiet Father's day for me. At least it better be... Because... My son needs to sleep off the meds. To all the Father's out there... Those kids need you for balance. Mom sometimes forgets your schedule while Dad sometimes forgets your name. Mom won't let you play video games while Dad won't let you play his video games. Mom likes new clothes while Dad has clothes. I remember helping my son with a college paper... He needed to understand the difference between potential and reality. He asked me what's the difference between the two. I told him to ask his mother if she would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars. He was confused but he did and she said... "For a million dollars... I suppose I would". My son came back and told me the answer but he still didn't get it. As a Father I was then able to teach me son that "we potentially have a million dollars but in reality your mother is a prostitute".
Last edited by Riverbrian; 06-15-2014 at 12:01 PM.A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".
06-15-2014, 12:06 PM #2
So I take it the broken nose required the surgery? Hope he feels better soon. In the meantime, I'm sure you're catering to his every whim.
And OMG, I laughed at the Voodoo Dolls.
Happy Father's and Son's Day!
06-15-2014, 12:11 PM #3
- Liked 827 Times in 520 Posts
This user likes diehardtwinsfan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:
06-15-2014, 12:17 PM #4
I don't recall the last time Mauer hit a ball in the air to right field. San Francisco maybe?Every post is not every other post. - a wise man
06-15-2014, 12:20 PM #5
He's doing much better now. He doesn't need the meds as much anymore and he's starting to act more like himself. The bandages are still in place to remind you that he isn't quite normal yet.
Everything is good... I still expect him to attend college.A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".
This user likes Riverbrian's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:
06-15-2014, 12:23 PM #6
06-15-2014, 12:23 PM #7
- Liked 401 Times in 264 Posts
This user likes Sconnie's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:
06-15-2014, 12:26 PM #8
Adventures in the Outfield, Day 2
06-15-2014, 12:27 PM #9
- Liked 288 Times in 150 Posts
Somebody explain to Arcia how sunglasses work. I've been pretty impressed with his improvement since last year, but I'm rethinking my position.
06-15-2014, 12:29 PM #10
06-15-2014, 12:32 PM #11
I hate when runs score like that. It's should be Nil-Nil.A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".
06-15-2014, 12:33 PM #12
06-15-2014, 12:33 PM #13
So was the first inning run one of the "earned" variety?"Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
- Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's
06-15-2014, 12:35 PM #14
06-15-2014, 12:37 PM #15
Jackson = Fast
Willingham = Slow
Not a good combo.
06-15-2014, 12:38 PM #16
- Liked 43 Times in 27 Posts
Dat outfield defense though
06-15-2014, 12:40 PM #17
- Liked 174 Times in 108 Posts
- Blog Entries
This is the outfield defense the a Twins expect to win games with this year. No worries for Nolasco though. It won't hurt his FIP.
06-15-2014, 12:40 PM #18
Can we take the word "victimized" out of Bremer's vocabulary???
06-15-2014, 12:40 PM #19
That one's tough to blame Willingham on, IMO. Crazy bounce out of that corner and as an outfielder you have no idea how that ball's gonna come out of there.
I put that one on Ricky Nolasco giving up a screaming line drive.Every post is not every other post. - a wise man
This user likes USAFChief's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:
06-15-2014, 12:41 PM #20
- Liked 3,308 Times in 1,755 Posts
- Blog Entries
This user likes ashburyjohn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner: