Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Twins @ Red Sox, 6/16 @ 6:10pm CT

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,927 Times in 1,129 Posts

Game Thread: Twins @ Red Sox, 6/16 @ 6:10pm CT

Game-time forecast: Mostly sunny. Winds blowing out to left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Temperature around 70.

Twins:
    SP, Correia

Santana SS
    Dozier 2B
    Mauer 1B
    Willingham LF
    Morales DH
    Arcia RF
    Suzuki C
    Escobar 3B
    Fuld CF

Red Sox:
    SP, De La Rosa

Holt LF
    Bogaerts 3B
    Pedroia 2B
    Ortiz DH
    Napoli 1B
    Nava RF
    Drew SS
    Pierzynski C
    Bradley CF

-----------------------------

Okay, Brian ... I'm back home. And am prodding your thinking, so go to it!

Trips are fun but it's always good to be back home unless it's someplace like Illinois.

Things to think about:

1. Boston -- Bwoast'n is a city along the Atlantic Coast of Massachusetts. It's like the worst city to be driving in a Cah. The roads are wicked narrah and people are all over the place. The driving rules are a little different. In Bwoast'n... never stop for a pedestrian unless he flings himself underneath your cah... You should always look both ways when running a red light... If you make eye contact with the other driver... you no longer have the right of way and study the hand gesture handbook provided by the Bwoast'n department of transportation. The population is around 636,000 people of that... approximately 400,000 are college students attending one of the 10 million colleges and universities in the city. Of the remaining 236,000 people of Boston... 100,000 are relatives of the Kennedy clan. They ski in to trees... the drive off bridges... they fly into oceans and that helps explain the driving that tourists encounter in the city. Like most major cities... The city of Bwoast'n consists of many neighborhoods... However... it doesn't matter because no one can understand how each neighborhood is pronounced so it's almost like they don't exist.

2. Fenway Pahk -- Without a doubt... It's iconic. It's been standing there since I was a child and since I was a child I've been mesmerized by the Green Monster. It was the most unique feature in all of baseball and watching televised games from Fenway were can't miss events because of the Green Monster. Now that I'm adult... I think it's possible that I may have over played it's significance because I was a freaking child. The Green Monster had to be built because the ball park dimensions had to be squeezed into the dimensions of the streets that surrounded it. It only left room for a short left fence so the fence was raised. The Park was built in 1912 and at that time... The Green Monster was the tallest structure in all of New England. It could be seen in a photo from space taken in 1915. The right field line is where the Pesky Pole stands. It was named the pesky pole because it kept toppling over when they were trying to erect it. The construction workers found it to be Pesky to place upright. Johnny Pesky came along 30 years later and named himself after the pole. His original name was Johnny Pleasant and he underwent a drastic personality change when his name was changed. They also have a place in CF which is called the Triangle. It is called the Triangle because CF'ers are challenged to Try" and take a decent "Angle" when chasing baseballs around the bullpen.

3. Rubby De Le Rosa -- Rubby is 25 years old and from Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic. He is called Rubby because he likes Cheetos. The Red Sox acquired him in that huge trade with the Dodgers. The trade that emptied all the lazy overpaid superstars like Nick Punto off the Red Sox roster and put them on the Dodgers roster. Once Rubby became a Red Sock... The Team turned it around and won the World Series. He didn't pitch in the World Series but the team did rub his head for luck. I remember seeing him pitch with the Dodgers and back then he had a big fastball in the upper 90's and a decent change of pace and a wicked slider that he would throw for balls. He had TJ surgery since then and I admit I don't know if he is still that power guy.

4. World Series Winners -- Boston won the World Series last year... This year the Red Sox are 31-38 and 9 games out of 1st place. You don't have to look far to know where to place blame. John Ferrell is obviously a bad manager.

5. Kids -- I overheard my son arguing with a friend of his. His friend said "His Dad could beat up your Dad (meaning me)". I knew the kids dad... It wasn't true... This was clearly false. As a matter of fact... it isn't even debatable. So... I waited for my son to set him straight and he replied "Yeah... When"?
    Last edited by Riverbrian; 06-16-2014 at 04:47 PM.

2. These 6 users like ChiTownTwinsFan's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Circus Boy (06-16-2014), glunn (06-16-2014), James (06-16-2014), JB_Iowa (06-16-2014), LaBombo (06-16-2014), Willihammer (06-16-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    My question for this series is who hits the longest home run, Arcia or Ortiz?

Liked 287 Times in 145 Posts
    I am decidedly okay with that lineup until Plouffe gets back.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts
    What kind of leash does Correia have with the team? Another clunker and gone or another 2 or 3 clunkers till gone?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 268 Times in 130 Posts
    I don't mind getting thrashed by 10 runs. It's OK to get dominated by the opposing pitcher. But the way we lost Sunday is heartburn. We lost because we couldn't do simple things in the field, nor could we get that one more hit. We were the better team then. The guys know this, I'm sure. Hoping they take it to the red hose tonight.

Liked 132 Times in 85 Posts
    Maybe this series will get Mauer's bat going after he smacks a few doubles off of the monster.
    Last edited by James; 06-16-2014 at 04:49 PM.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Liked 1,280 Times in 740 Posts
    Nothing like hours of tornado/storm coverage.

I think most of it is going east of me.

Big Big storms.

Pray for those already hit and those in the paths of the storms. Sioux City metro looks like it could take a hit.

http://www.starherald.com/news/regio...a4bcf887a.html

(The video on the news was more dramatic -- this thing was huge -- supposedly leveled about 1/2 the town of 378 peeople).

Shows the double vortexes:

http://www.nbcnews.com/watch/nbc-new...o-282520131879
    Last edited by JB_Iowa; 06-16-2014 at 05:52 PM.

Liked 924 Times in 563 Posts
    United States scored the fastest goal in World Cup history at 32 seconds.

10. These 2 users like Gibby's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (06-16-2014), LaBombo (06-16-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer sampleSizeOfOne's Avatar
    Liked 484 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    United States scored the fastest goal in World Cup history at 32 seconds.
    Yeah, i've been distracted by that too... It's held up through the half, though both teams have had their chances.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer sampleSizeOfOne's Avatar
    Liked 484 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Maybe this series will get Mauer's bat going after he smacks a few doubles off of the monster.
    I hope so too.

The fact that they can't shift the left fielder to halfway up the monster should make that outfield shift less effective against him.

13. This user likes sampleSizeOfOne's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (06-16-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 332 Times in 162 Posts
    This is the 14th series that something like this has been said.
    Last edited by Winston Smith; 06-16-2014 at 06:16 PM.
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

15. These 5 users like Winston Smith's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Boom Boom (06-16-2014), Circus Boy (06-16-2014), Hosken Bombo Disco (06-16-2014), JB_Iowa (06-16-2014), Riverbrian (06-16-2014)

Liked 1,678 Times in 838 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Wind blowing out to left according to TD Eye in the Sky. Even an 'excuse me' might make a mark on The Wall tonight.

Forget home runs and offensive value by position. Imagine Mauer finishing his career at first with Boston. If he adjusts and routine grounders to second turn into singles via the shift and his home field routine fly outs to left turn into doubles off the G. M., oh, let's say twice a week for each, he's first ballot all the way.

Senior Member Triple-A D. Hocking's Avatar
    Liked 380 Times in 144 Posts
    I say this as a Mauer homer. I don't think this is a slump he is going to magically break. I think he is working through things that are going to take awhile with one step forward two steps backward moments. I do think he has probably hit the bottom and is slowly starting to come out of it (defensively as well), but I don't think there is going to be an instant break-through. I do think once he does get things turned around again, it will help him deal with problems more quickly in the future.

Of course I would not mind being wrong and that this game sparks a 20 game hitting streak and a .340 average for the rest of the year.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 268 Times in 130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post

Big Big storms.

Pray for those already hit and those in the paths of the storms. Sioux City metro looks like it could take a hit.

(The video on the news was more dramatic -- this thing was huge -- supposedly leveled about 1/2 the town of 378 peeople).

Wow, buddy. I grew up near Pilger (in Lyons, Neb.) and it looks leveled. Never seen a double tornado like that before. Make sure to keep tabs on Auntie Em and Toto.

Liked 2,287 Times in 1,283 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1 2 3 Correia is his new nickname.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

20. This user likes Riverbrian's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (06-16-2014)

Liked 287 Times in 145 Posts
    1-2-3 inning, 97 pitches.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 384 Times in 214 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think this Kevin Career might make a correia for himself

Quote Originally Posted by Circus Boy View Post
    Wow, buddy. I grew up near Pilger (in Lyons, Neb.) and it looks leveled. Never seen a double tornado like that before. Make sure to keep tabs on Auntie Em and Toto.
    Looks to me like Minnesota, northCentral and northeast Iowa are getting hit now.

Bad series of storms.

Quote Originally Posted by Circus Boy View Post
    So far at least 1 dead, 16 critical (that's from only 1 hospital so there may be more).

Liked 2,287 Times in 1,283 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post

Big Big storms.

Do you have a good place to hole up.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast