Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Twins @ Red Sox, 6/17 @ 6:10pm CT

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,932 Times in 1,133 Posts

Game Thread: Twins @ Red Sox, 6/17 @ 6:10pm CT

Game-time forecast: Partly cloudy. Winds blowing out to left field at 5-10 m.p.h. Temperature around 75.

Twins:
    SP, Hughes

Santana SS
    Dozier 2B
    Mauer 1B
    Willingham LF
    Morales DH
    Arcia RF
    Suzuki C
    Escobar 3B
    Fuld CF

Red Sox:
    SP, Lester

Holt CF
    Bogaerts 3B
    Pedroia 2B
    Ortiz DH
    Napoli 1B
    Nava RF
    Gomes LF
    Drew SS
    Ross C

------------------

What interesting thoughts, observations, musings have you for us today, RB? Inquiring minds want to know!
    -----------------------------------------------

Thoughts I have 5... Observations... again 5.

Musings... I'll have to look up the definition before I answer that but I am listening to "Supermassive Black Hole" right now.

Things to think about:

1. The Rochester Shuffle -- Through Twins Daily... THEE Source for Minnesota Twins information. I have learned that Sean Gilmartin has been advanced from AA New Britain to AAA Rochester and will start for the Red Wings tonight and this move will push everybody back one day in the Red Wings rotation. Gilmartin had a 3.13 ERA with the Rock Cats and the reason this has become a thought today is because of the math problem that I have. I haven't seen any of these folks pitch yet but the Starting pitcher ERA's in Rochester are sparkling and there are 5 of them. There is May, Meyer, Johnson Darnell and Pino. All 5 are performing well and certainly will not be sent down to AA to make room for Gilmartin so that means that... umm... ???. Purely a guess but it seems like the Twins are prepping for a move to the big club for someone.

2. First Names -- Yesterday we faced Rubby De La Rosa and it didn't go so well. Today we face Jon Lester. So we've gone from a guy with no obvious first name to a guy with two of them. I'm thinking they should trade a name for balance. Rubby can be traded for Jon or Lester and you'd have Jon Rubby or Rubby Lester along with Jon or Lester De La Rosa. Personally I like Rubby Lester the best.

3. Josmil Pinto -- I almost forgot about him... He hasn't been around for a little while. While looking for info on the Rochester Red Wings rotation I came across an article in the Rochester Democrat. In the article... It quotes Glen Perkins as saying that Josmil is "surely not at the big-league level as far as catching for me". So there ya go... The Mystery has been solved. Maybe a Pino for Pinto trade was the plan all along.

4. Jon Lester -- Rubby Lester takes the mound for the Red Sox tonight... He's 30 years old and from Tacoma Washington. He was 2nd round pick of the Red Sox in 2002. He moved through the minor leagues and was always considered a top prospect. He made his debut in 2006 and today is considered the top pitcher in Beantown. He's a tall lefthander who mixes 5 pitches from the left side of the rubber and this makes him difficult to pick up because he doesn't come straight over the top. In the times I've seen him pitch I've never been totally impressed. I think he can get wild at times and that will make him ripe for the picking. I wouldn't never say this to his face because he's tall and left handed and I wouldn't see the punch coming.

5. Father's Day Gift -- I forgot to mention yesterday that my family surprised me with a nice father's day gift. They got me a Kuerig and what a practical neat gift it was. She is 57 years old now but she still has a certain cuteness to her and she tells me all about the news of the day when I wake up and get home from work. I'm nervous with Katie and my wife in the same household... I figure someday they are just going band together and turn on me and life is going to change. So far it's been great but I did find out that Katie will not make me a cup of coffee. Since she won't... I'll have to get one of those new things that make single cups of coffee in a bunch of different flavors.
    Last edited by ChiTownTwinsFan; 06-17-2014 at 04:43 PM.

2. These 3 users like ChiTownTwinsFan's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Circus Boy (06-17-2014), glunn (06-17-2014), JB_Iowa (06-17-2014)

Liked 1,288 Times in 743 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post

1. The Rochester Shuffle -- Through Twins Daily... THEE Source for Minnesota Twins information.
    Does this make information on TD holy?

Liked 1,288 Times in 743 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post

3. Josmil Pinto -- I almost forgot about him... He hasn't been around for a little while. While looking for info on the Rochester Red Wings rotation I came across an article in the Rochester Democrat. In the article... It quotes Glen Perkins as saying that Josmil is "surely not at the big-league level as far as catching for me". So there ya go... The Mystery has been solved. Maybe a Pino for Pinto trade was the plan all along.
    http://blogs.twincities.com/twins/20...pitch-framing/

You can listen to Perkins interview on 1500ESPN.

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 333 Times in 163 Posts
    6. What the heck is going on with the rubber band? Are the twins hanging by a thread again?
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

6. This user likes Winston Smith's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (06-17-2014)

Is Eduardo Nunez still hurt?

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 534 Times in 347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nice AB for the rookie!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 50 Times in 30 Posts
    I am glad Santana is getting reps at SS this week.

10. This user likes MichiganTwins's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (06-17-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 489 Times in 285 Posts
    Sounds like the strike zone is the size of a dime tonight..

Senior Member Big-Leaguer sampleSizeOfOne's Avatar
    Liked 484 Times in 309 Posts
    My, it's quiet here...

Twins facing a familiar score (1-0) and perhaps we can do more this time?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 149 Times in 78 Posts
    This offense is tough to watch right now.

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 489 Times in 285 Posts
    And now it sounds like the strike zone is bigger.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 149 Times in 78 Posts
    It's that kind of stretch right now. Ugh.

Liked 104 Times in 62 Posts
    Wow that was unexpected. Hell of a catch by their CF to save Gomes.
    "Professionalism - When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S Thompson

Hey, look at that...

Mauer is leading off the next inning.

As lead off hitter, he can start things rolling, right?

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,303 Times in 1,753 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Wonder if the Sox would accept Florimon in exchange for Brock Holt?

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,303 Times in 1,753 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sampleSizeOfOne View Post
    Twins facing a familiar score (1-0) and perhaps we can do more this time?
    Apparently so. It's now 2-0.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 269 Times in 131 Posts
    Hate dry spells for runs. We've scored in one inning in the past 20 innings of baseball. No likee.

Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    Apparently so. It's now 2-0.
    Yeah. They'll never expect us coming back from twice as big a deficit...

Now we have the element of surprise.

22. These 4 users like sampleSizeOfOne's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Circus Boy (06-17-2014), Hosken Bombo Disco (06-17-2014), snepp (06-17-2014), USAFChief (06-17-2014)

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 534 Times in 347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Almost every hitter looks futile right now. Too bad, because Correia gave a nice effort last night and Hughes will probably give a solid outing given his trend lately.

Liked 104 Times in 62 Posts
    Escobar looking great at 3rd.
    "Professionalism - When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S Thompson

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast