Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 142

Thread: Game Thread: White Sox@Twins 6/20 7:10PM

  1. #41
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,325
    Like
    1,303
    Liked 1,284 Times in 742 Posts
    guerrier not Kevin C

  2. #42
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,819
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,420
    Liked 1,929 Times in 1,131 Posts
    I can't stand listening to Hawk.

  3. #43
    Twins Moderator MVP USAFChief's Avatar
    Posts
    6,606
    Like
    3,678
    Liked 3,166 Times in 1,355 Posts
    If you look up "labored through 5 and 1/3" in the baseball dictionary, there's a picture of Ricky Nolasco, 6/20/14.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

  4. These 5 users like USAFChief's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Bark's Lounge (06-20-2014), Circus Boy (06-21-2014), JB_Iowa (06-20-2014), mikeee (06-20-2014), WLFINN (06-20-2014)

  5. #44
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer sampleSizeOfOne's Avatar
    Posts
    578
    Like
    167
    Liked 484 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Oh... You were talking about baseball.
    Sorry. I'll try not to let it happen again... I might jinx something.

  6. #45
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,819
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,420
    Liked 1,929 Times in 1,131 Posts
    Lucky catch

  7. #46
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,819
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,420
    Liked 1,929 Times in 1,131 Posts
    For those who are older than me (Chi looks at Chief) what does arthritis feel like?

  8. This user likes ChiTownTwinsFan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Bark's Lounge (06-20-2014)

  9. #47
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    351
    Like
    141
    Liked 280 Times in 152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    I can't stand listening to Hawk.
    I suspect I'm in the minority on this one, chi, but I actually get a kick out of Harrelson, although I can see how a steady diet of him might be painful. I like his passion for the game, his love of his home team, and that the Twins seem to be his second favorite team.

    I have Dick and Bert on tonight with my MLB package feed.

  10. #48
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,325
    Like
    1,303
    Liked 1,284 Times in 742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    For those who are older than me (Chi looks at Chief) what does arthritis feel like?
    There are different types but for me, it is just a general stiffness in the joints (osteo arthritis) but rheumatoid is a whole different story.

    (And even what osteo arthritis I have is pretty mild).
    Last edited by JB_Iowa; 06-20-2014 at 09:21 PM.

  11. #49
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,325
    Like
    1,303
    Liked 1,284 Times in 742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by longstrangetrip View Post
    I suspect I'm in the minority on this one, chi, but I actually get a kick out of Harrelson, although I can see how a steady diet of him might be painful.
    I'm in the minority w/you and switched from MSN to CSN when I read ChiTown's post.

  12. These 2 users like JB_Iowa's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    ChiTownTwinsFan (06-20-2014), longstrangetrip (06-20-2014)

  13. #50
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    351
    Like
    141
    Liked 280 Times in 152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    I'm in the minority w/you and switched from MSN to CSN when I read ChiTown's post.
    Let's not let anyone know...our reputations are at stake here

  14. These 2 users like longstrangetrip's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    JB_Iowa (06-20-2014), USAFChief (06-21-2014)

  15. #51
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer mikeee's Avatar
    Posts
    777
    Like
    18
    Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    mauer mauer mauer!

  16. #52
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer mikeee's Avatar
    Posts
    777
    Like
    18
    Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    Come On, .260!!!!!!!!

  17. #53
    Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Posts
    1,642
    Like
    311
    Liked 504 Times in 195 Posts
    Blog Entries
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    For those who are older than me (Chi looks at Chief) what does arthritis feel like?
    I am of the opinion that Chief does not concern himself with arthritis. After serving his country as a Chief Executive Officer in World War I and fending off the disastrous influenza outbreak of 1918-1919, arthritis is a flea he swats off his left shoulder with ease.

    Everyone should wish Chief a "Happy Birthday" as tomorrow is Chief's 141st Birthday... June 21, 1873 - present time.

    Happy Birthday Chief!!!

  18. This user likes Bark's Lounge's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    ChiTownTwinsFan (06-20-2014)

  19. #54
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,819
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,420
    Liked 1,929 Times in 1,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by longstrangetrip View Post
    Let's not let anyone know...our reputations are at stake here
    Too late. I know. So everyone will know.

  20. This user likes ChiTownTwinsFan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    longstrangetrip (06-20-2014)

  21. #55
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,325
    Like
    1,303
    Liked 1,284 Times in 742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    Everyone should wish Chief a "Happy Birthday" as tomorrow is Chief's 141st Birthday... June 21, 1873 - present time.

    Happy Birthday Chief!!!
    Ignoring the 1873, is it really your b-day, Chief? If so, have a happy!

    Took my late father's twin sister to lunch today to celebrate her 87th Birthday (which is either tomorrow or Sunday depending on whether my dad was born on the 21st and she an hour and a half later on the 22nd or whether he was born on the 20th and she on the 21st. They always celebrated on the 21st so we figured that was the day the first twin -- my dad -- was born).

  22. #56
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    351
    Like
    141
    Liked 280 Times in 152 Posts
    Nice to see Burton with that bite back on his slider. He was good...when he was good. Remember?

  23. #57
    Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Posts
    1,642
    Like
    311
    Liked 504 Times in 195 Posts
    Blog Entries
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    Ignoring the 1873, is it really your b-day, Chief? If so, have a happy!

    Took my late father's twin sister to lunch today to celebrate her 87th Birthday (which is either tomorrow or Sunday depending on whether my dad was born on the 21st and she an hour and a half later on the 22nd or whether he was born on the 20th and she on the 21st. They always celebrated on the 21st so we figured that was the day the first twin -- my dad -- was born).
    Hey JB - my post was purely satire. Sorry for that.

  24. #58
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,819
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,420
    Liked 1,929 Times in 1,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    There are different types but for me, it is just a general stiffness in the joints (osteo arthritis) but rheumatoid is a whole different story.

    (And even what osteo arthritis I have is pretty mild).
    Trying to figure out if I have more tendinitis, an impingement or maybe getting arthritic. Have an appointment for a sports injury screening so we'll see.

  25. #59
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,325
    Like
    1,303
    Liked 1,284 Times in 742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    Hey JB - my post was purely satire. Sorry for that.
    No biggie. I figured that.

    OTOH, I do wish all Summer Solstice babies a happy b-day!

  26. This user likes JB_Iowa's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Bark's Lounge (06-20-2014)

  27. #60
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,325
    Like
    1,303
    Liked 1,284 Times in 742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    Trying to figure out if I have more tendinitis, an impingement or maybe getting arthritic. Have an appointment for a sports injury screening so we'll see.
    I'm sure you'll get a better diagnosis than the internet one!

    Good luck.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.