Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/20): Bats Power Rock Cats Win

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/20): Bats Power Rock Cats Win

What's the upside potential for Dereck Rodriguez after converting from outfielder to pitcher? Kid is 22 now. Looks like he did a great job for E-Twon with 3 scoreless innings.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 39 Times in 27 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The May express back on the hill, lining up with Correia now

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TKGuy View Post
    The May express back on the hill, lining up with Correia now
    Hmm, this is interesting, I think that Correia has earned at least another 2 starts, however if he tanks them or possibly even one of them, May gets his long awaited debut.

Senior Member Triple-A
    If Rosario continues to hit, does he get an earlier call up than September?

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 540 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Look at those Rock Cats! They are fifth overall in the EL and four teams make the playoffs. After a miserable start, the club could make the postseason, especially if they get a young center fielder from Georgia in the lineup in the few weeks.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 867 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    Look at those Rock Cats! They are fifth overall in the EL and four teams make the playoffs. After a miserable start, the club could make the postseason, especially if they get a young center fielder from Georgia in the lineup in the few weeks.
    They've won 11 of 12 since Eddie Rosario entered the starting lineup. Geezzz...that team would have made a shambles of the Eastern League with Rosario, Vargas, Sano and Buxton all in it on a full-time basis. And more help now there in Wheeler and Wickens...and maybe even Berrios soon, too.

8. This user likes jokin's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

kdrupp09 (06-21-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    They've won 11 of 12 since Eddie Rosario entered the starting lineup. Geezzz...that team would have made a shambles of the Eastern League with Rosario, Vargas, Sano and Buxton all in it on a full-time basis. And more help now there in Wheeler and Wickens...and maybe even Berrios soon, too.
    Agree! Has anyone heard anything about when Buxton might get back on the field?

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrupp09 View Post
    Agree! Has anyone heard anything about when Buxton might get back on the field?
    Not good news, from last Monday:

.Buxton is not yet allowed to wear a fielding glove, much less batting gloves.
    “I really can’t pick up anything heavier than my phone, or a video game controller,” he said. “I definitely can’t lift weights or swing a bat.”

“It’s just a waiting game,” Steil said
    The plan is to wait until he has zero wrist pain, then play him in some Extended Spring games, followed by some Miracle games, before he has a chance to go to AA.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/263165691.html

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 540 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I believe that report is over a week old. The same day the article was in the strib, Doogy tweeted that Buxton had taken two straight days of swings with no problems IIRC.

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    I believe that report is over a week old. The same day the article was in the strib, Doogy tweeted that Buxton had taken two straight days of swings with no problems IIRC.

Article by: JIM SOUHAN , Star Tribune
    Updated: June 16, 2014 - 7:11 AM

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 77 Times in 58 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Darren WolfsonVerified account ‏@DarrenWolfson

Buxton wrist update: progress as he's been able to hit off a tee two days in a row. BP coming soon. Shouldn't be a lost year. #mntwins

1:00 PM - 15 Jun 2014

https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/st...5549191241728/

So would seem since June 13th he's been able to hit off a tee. No consequent updates of course.

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsfan34 View Post
    Darren WolfsonVerified account‏@DarrenWolfson

Buxton wrist update: progress as he's been able to hit off a tee two days in a row. BP coming soon. Shouldn't be a lost year. #mntwins

So would seem since June 13th he's been able to hit off a tee. No consequent updates of course.

It would be nice if Wolfson would cite a source, but below is his tweet and Souhan's tweet from the same day (who knows how long his Part 2 report was in the can?), and I can find no updates from Doogie or Souhan since- Who to believe.....? I would think that if Buxton was taking live BP, it would be difficult to keep that a secret:

Darren Wolfson @DarrenWolfsonJun 15

Buxton wrist update: progress as he's been able to hit off a tee two days in a row. BP coming soon. Shouldn't be a lost year.
    Jim Souhan @SouhanStribJun 15

Part 2 of our Buxton project, Building a Baseball Star: http://tinyurl.com/qgs6f7g .

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsfan34 View Post
    Darren WolfsonVerified account ‏@DarrenWolfson

BTW, is there anyone else, besides Doogie himself, that is too concerned if his account is a "verified account" or not?

damnit. i suck at embedding tweets but the Pioneer Press Twins guy posted this about a minute ago:

@MikeBerardino Still no updates on Byron Buxton, according to Jack Goin. Just doing conditioning, waiting for left wrist to heal after May 8 setback.
    Last edited by brookswagg; 06-21-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brookswagg View Post
    damnit. i suck at embedding tweets but the Pioneer Press Twins guy posted this about a minute ago:

@MikeBerardino Still no updates on Byron Buxton, according to Jack Goin. Just doing conditioning, waiting for left wrist to heal after May 8 setback.
    Thanks for that, brooks!

Well....at least now we know that Doogie isn't using Jack Goin for his source material.

Senior Member Triple-A maxisagod's Avatar
    Liked 21 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrupp09 View Post
    If Rosario continues to hit, does he get an earlier call up than September?
    If their CF is still a mess and they're in a hunt for a playoff spot, I can't see why not. You'd have to put him on the 40 man this winter anyway, and also long as you don't send him back down, he still keeps all his options.

Plus: no recreational drug testing in the majors. ;-)