Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Carlos Correa injured

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 218 Times in 138 Posts

Carlos Correa injured

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/...&vkey=news_mlb

Correa was, of course, picked ahead of Buxton by the Astros. Probably will be a top 5 prospect on most lists now. Severity hasn't yet been disclosed but he was carried off the field so that's a bad sign. Got hurt sliding feet first.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 221 Times in 96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/...&vkey=news_mlb

Correa was, of course, picked ahead of Buxton by the Astros. Probably will be a top 5 prospect on most lists now. Severity hasn't yet been disclosed but he was carried off the field so that's a bad sign. Got hurt sliding feet first.
    I don't know why people continue to slide feet first when it's so unsafe...

3. These 4 users like notoriousgod71's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

gil4 (06-22-2014), James (06-22-2014), twinsfan34 (06-22-2014), USAFChief (06-23-2014)

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousgod71 View Post
    I don't know why people continue to slide feet first when it's so unsafe...

at was my first thought too. As Jeremy tweeted earlier this morning, Buxton and Correa both hurt sliding feet first...

There are conflicting reports. A lot said broken fibula last night, but I don't know if that has been confirmed.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
    Blog Entries
    They might end up having the same amount of development time if Correa misses the rest of the season.

Not sure which injury is worse, if "only" a major ankle sprain.

Correa is a year younger though...as was likely about to hit AA.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 218 Times in 138 Posts
    Nothing is concrete yet but the Astros GM has strongly suggested that Correa will miss "significant" time and might be able to make it up in the AFL. If his ankle is hurt badly, i think that might be the straw that gets them to move him off of short and onto third. There had been a lot of debate about how well he can stick at short - with many prospect guys thinking he'd get too big for it.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    Yes, unusual events prove that more common events are not true.

Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Twitter
    @baseballpirate
    Liked 97 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ever since the Twins were struck with bi-lateral leg syndrome and Michael Cuddyer missed time at spring training because of a wart on his foot I've started falling in love with the Houston Astros. Jose Altuve is very nearly my favorite player in baseball, and the Astros are just fun to watch with so many young talented players. I hope Correa recovers quickly; I'd look forward to watching him at the AFL, at either short or third.

I'm going to have to find some footage of the injury to see if it was a funny slide or just some bum luck.

Cheers Carlos!