Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interest in Tabata?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 37 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    There's also rumors that Tabata is actually 30 (or around there) too.
    He was signed when he was 16. One or two years off maybe he could pull it off. More than that I would doubt that.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 382 Times in 234 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wise One View Post
    He was signed when he was 16. One or two years off maybe he could pull it off. More than that I would doubt that.
    I don't know, Kevin Bacon played a college kid in Animal House in 1978, then a high school kid in Footloose in 1984 then a college kid again in Flatliners in 1990. I'll bet Tabata could pull it off assuming he's no worse an actor than Bacon.

3. This user likes nicksaviking's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

mike wants wins (06-25-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 37 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    I don't know, Kevin Bacon played a college kid in Animal House in 1978, then a high school kid in Footloose in 1984 then a college kid again in Flatliners in 1990. I'll bet Tabata could pull it off assuming he's no worse an actor than Bacon.
    Kevin Bacon would have had makeup artists. I have yet to see or hear of a ball player in the heat of the Dominican Republic wear makeup. I have read plenty of posts from overactive imaginations.

Enough people think highly of Bacon's skill to pay him a lot of money (net worth 50 million without word of him havin the spending habits of Bryant McKinney <sic?>), have him play in some 60+ films, play himself in tv shows, and have a hot wife for 20 years. Tabata might be a better actor than ball player but that talent is as undiscovered as his ability to be a good mlb hitter.
    Last edited by The Wise One; 06-26-2014 at 05:10 AM. Reason: just in case, lighten up francis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12