Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/25): Mr. Rogers Very Unneighborly

Twins Contributor Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/25): Mr. Rogers Very Unneighborly

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts
    JJ Cooper of Baseball America had some interesting tweets about E-town's game
    JJ Cooper (jjcoop36) on Twitter

Gonsalves - 87-89; dropped to 85-86 in 6th. effectively used good change, slow curve, and good location.

Royals team they faced is the org's lowest level so their team is made up of a lot more younger guys than the Twins'.

Gordon's HR on slow curve; Cooper says he'll have video but I haven't seen it yet.

Oliveros deserves to be called to the next level. . . Does Hamburger's trip to AA New Britain indicate that he may be put in a starter's role there?? He started over 20 games in independent ball last year.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 40 Times in 26 Posts
    I think the Twins view Hamburger as an "organizational" player and they'll send him wherever he's needed. I agree that Oliveros has earned his promotion to AAA.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 39 Times in 34 Posts
    I'm pretty sure I called that Oliveros promotion in a thread. Just destroying AA hitters, hoping he turns up good for us didn't we get him for Delmon?

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 859 Times in 553 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitz View Post
    JJ Cooper of Baseball America had some interesting tweets about E-town's game
    JJ Cooper (jjcoop36) on Twitter

Gonsalves - 87-89; dropped to 85-86 in 6th. effectively used good change, slow curve, and good location.

Royals team they faced is the org's lowest level so their team is made up of a lot more younger guys than the Twins'.

Gordon's HR on slow curve; Cooper says he'll have video but I haven't seen it yet.
    Red Flag......Cooper used the phrase, "effective more than dominant". What happened to the velo that Gonsalves came in with at the draft? It supposedly sat in the low-90s and occasionally hit 94? Looks like the Twins are having him drop any power-pitcher aspirations- is there a long-term C & C issue? If so, he's a lot less exciting prospect.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 72 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Red Flag......Cooper used the phrase, "effective more than dominant". What happened to the velo that Gonsalves came in with at the draft? It supposedly sat in the low-90s and occasionally hit 94? Looks like the Twins are having him drop any power-pitcher aspirations- is there a long-term C & C issue? If so, he's a lot less exciting prospect.
    I was a little surprised that they let him go 6 innings this early. Isn't this just his second game? I think the Twins had most of there pitchers drop the velocity a notch to start the season or at least several pitchers seemed to be pitching below their usual velocity the first few games. IMO he is just building arm strength but who knows there could be something wrong as I thought he would start in A ball and he was the only dominant pitcher from last year not to get a chance there.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 40 Times in 26 Posts
    Gonsalves has been pitching for months in EST. Who knows what is going on. Without context I'm mostly lost. As an aside I'm really glad I didn't have dozens of people scrutinizing my first week on the job.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Why not Trevor May? If Pino fizzles, bring up the kid and keep that coffee pouring. It's not like the Twins are real worried about their playoff position, not with this pitching staff. Let everybody not in a body cast have a cuppa joe in the show. Maybe somebody will shine...maybe Trevor May.

I think he has a 70 pitch count. I heard it was more like 89-91 either way I'm very happy that now everyone can see he can throw a curve and change up pretty effectively. GO TWINS!