Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Twins@Angels 6/26 2:35PM

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Danny Santana MRI is back... he has a bone bruise and is day to day. No damage to ligaments.
    Bone bruises take an eternity to heal.

Hey, hey, hey! We avoid the shutout!

3-1 count and Florimon pops out to the shortstop

You guy's know it is going to take some kind of Christmas miracle for Florimon to ever get on base again. He refuses to bunt or take walks.
    Why would Gardy even let him have that at bat?
    Florimon has me Jonesing for the return of Nick Punto. At least his dives in to first base are entertaining. Speaking of Punto is Oakland using him these days, perhaps he could come in and help the Twins, got to get some help at short stop or third base these days. :095 batting average WOW. Maybe we could get Punto for Collabello. Not like the Twins are bringing back Collabello and with Mauer at first Collabello doesn't have a position he can play.

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 489 Times in 285 Posts
    Hypothetical question.

1. Runner on first, one out, Florimon batting. It's a three-run game in the 7th inning. Would you:

a. Call for a sacrifice bunt
    b. Give him a take sign until he either walks or strikes out
    c. Let him swing away!

5. This user likes Hosken Bombo Disco's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

curt1965 (06-26-2014)

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    Not let him swing, but then I would DFa him.

7. This user likes mike wants wins's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ScottyB (06-26-2014)

Liked 115 Times in 73 Posts
    Guerrier fails again. This is how he managed to keep a decent ERA, despite pitching poorly, over the years. He comes out, gives up a couple of hits and runs, which count against the starting pitcher, not him! Then he gets yanked and unless you watch the games, you'd never know it. Guerrier has been doing this for years.

9. This user likes Reider's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ScottyB (06-26-2014)

Liked 90 Times in 36 Posts
    Definitely no room in this rotation for Meyer or May.

"Mediocre breaking balls are a gift from God." - Kirby Puckett

Quote Originally Posted by Reider View Post
    Guerrier fails again. This is how he managed to keep a decent ERA, despite pitching poorly, over the years. He comes out, gives up a couple of hits and runs, which count against the starting pitcher, not him! Then he gets yanked and unless you watch the games, you'd never know it. Guerrier has been doing this for years.
    Another Gardenhire favorite in Guerrier that should be as good as gone along with Florimon. What does either Ryan or Gardenhire see in these two guys that makes them think they can help the 2014 Twins win. I thought we were done with scholarship guys. If both Guerrier and Florimon do not get DFA'd today or soon then we have the wrong people running the Twins.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer sampleSizeOfOne's Avatar
    Liked 485 Times in 310 Posts
    Mauer finds the hole in Trout's glove for a double. Almost got played over the wall...

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 819 Times in 515 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
    Yeah... he pulled up lame halfway between first and second. He looked fine going to first.

Maybe someone in the medical field can explain how one can get a bone bruise from running. I thought they were caused by contusions, like he had been hit by a pitch in the leg or something.
    I got one on my foot running a marathon last fall. That puppy hurt...

Option D none of the above

Quote Originally Posted by Hosken Bombo Disco View Post
    Hypothetical question.

1. Runner on first, one out, Florimon batting. It's a three-run game in the 7th inning. Would you:

a. Call for a sacrifice bunt
    b. Give him a take sign until he either walks or strikes out
    c. Let him swing away!
    D. None of the above, pinch hit for him and then get him on plane back to Rochester and DFA him off the 40 man and 25 man. Next Terry Ryan should be on the phone and calling Billy Beane and saying who from our Rochester AAA afiliate besides Meyer, May, Darnell, and Ortiz do you want and we will trade you for Punto. I'm serious, I want Punto back and I was a Punto hater but now have seen the light. For the love of god I would take Punto back in a heart beat, all we do is lose since he has been gone. That hobbit was a good luck charm and one hell of a defender, I guess I never appreciated all of those web gems the way I should have. Yes even an older Punto is better than watching this madness.
    Last edited by jaimedude2; 06-26-2014 at 05:18 PM.

15. This user likes jaimedude2's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (06-26-2014)

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,305 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reider View Post
    His stats this year have opponents batting .265 with nobody on base, and .161 with men on. When the runners are in scoring position it's been .048. OBP and SLG run similarly. His career stats are pretty close to neutral in such comparison. Obviously these 2014 numbers will be up after this game. But let's be fair.

17. This user likes ashburyjohn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

TheDean (06-26-2014)

Does any team have a rally-gator?

Not going to try to provide a visual, but i'm sure they'd surprise the other team.

Go Polanco!

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 782 Times in 411 Posts
    Young Mr. Polanco.
    Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay,
    I sleep all night and I work all day.

Thank you Jesus, Polanco is batting for Florimon, the sun will come up tomorrow. And a four pitch walk to boot. Hopefully we have seen the last of Mr. Florimon starting.

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 489 Times in 285 Posts
    Polanco's first at bat: a 4-pitch walk.

Well, welcome to the bigs young man.

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 782 Times in 411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosken Bombo Disco View Post
    Polanco's first at bat: a 4-pitch walk.

Well, welcome to the bigs young man.
    Mauer taught him everything.
    Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay,
    I sleep all night and I work all day.

Liked 1,295 Times in 749 Posts
    Dozier could add to a nice ASG case here.

Dozier needs to step his game up with runners in scoring position. Time for him to start coming through and getting some RBI's. He obviously has pop in his bat, now time to bring the average up and get more clutch hits.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast