Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Twins@Rangers 6/27 7:05PM

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Blog Entries

Game Thread: Twins@Rangers 6/27 7:05PM

Game-time forecast: Sunny. Winds blowing in from center field at 15-20 m.p.h. Temperature near 85.

I'm beginning to believe that ChiTown is somehow behind this losing streak. Maybe she could help us out if she considered posting the lineups in a new font?

Ummm ... okay ...

TWINS:
    SP, Correia

Dozier 2B
    Suzuki C
    Mauer 1B
    Willingham LF
    Morales DH
    Arcia RF
    Escobar 3B
    Fuld CF
    Florimon SS

RANGERS:
    SP, Tepesch

Choo LF
    Andrus SS
    Pena 1B
    Beltre DH
    Rios RF
    Martin CF
    Gimenez C
    Sardinas 3B
    Oder 2B

------------------------------------------------------------

Things to Think About:

1. Dallas/Arlington -- I don't know who turned the Dallas area into such an affluent area of the United States but there is a bunch of money in that town. Perhaps Debbie did it... Whatever you do in Dallas... I really don't know... But they have lots of money and they like to drink while wearing big hats and talking loudly. The population is a little over 1.2 million souls. The largest employer in Dallas is American Airlines with over 24,000 employees... After that... Nobody works in Dallas... They just own stuff and they don't pay state income tax in Texas. The Rangers play in Arlington... Arlington is just a city south of Dallas and Ft. Worth where they store stuff. Things like sport stadiums and Six Flag Theme Parks. The State of Texas does have a rather vicious strain of a lethal disease called capital punishment that they haven't found a cure for.

2. The Rangers -- A team in a death spiral right now... They have lost 8 games in a row and currently sit 13 games behind the AL West leading Oakland A's. Obviously effected by the injury bug... Kevin Kouzmanoff underwent back surgery and how any team can overcome this... I have no idea. I think there are a couple of other players who don't really matter on the DL as well. The Twins have lost 3 in a row and the Rangers have lost 8 in a row... No doubt about it... They always have to have things bigger in Texas. This is a chance for the Twins to get healthy. If they don't get healthy this weekend. The Rubberband is broke for sure.

3. Nick Tepesch -- Starting for the Rangers tonight... Something called Nick Tepesch. He's 25 years old from Kansas City. He was 28th round pick of the Red Sox in 2007... Decided to turn down a bonus of Burger King coups and attended the University of Missouri. The Rangers later drafted him in the 14th round in 2010... By this time he had enough of all that learning and he signed. It was quick journey through the farm system. He became one of those players who was handed a chance to pitch in the majors after every other option was hospitalized.

4. Jorge Polanco -- Ladies and Gentlemen... Meet Jorge Polanco... He's 20 years old and he hails from San Pedro de Macoris in the Dominican Republic which is known as the Shortstop capital of the world. Tony Fernandez, Jose Offerman and Cal Ripken all come from San Pedro de Macoris. Jorge is a young player that the Twins have high hopes for and he has made an early appearance in the majors because everybody else is hurt. It may not be his time right now but it's his time right now... yet we are all hoping his time does come... later.

5. Class Reunion -- This weekend is my 30 year class reunion... I'm looking forward to seeing some old faces. I've given it a lot of thought and I've decided that I'm going to tell everyone that I invented the Maroon colored Ink Pen. One day... I noticed the bright red pen and thought... Yeah... how about Maroon? and the rest is history... I'm that guy. I think they will believe me.
    Last edited by Riverbrian; 06-27-2014 at 04:46 PM.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

2. These 4 users like Riverbrian's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (06-27-2014), Circus Boy (06-27-2014), glunn (06-27-2014), JB_Iowa (06-27-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 87 Times in 54 Posts
    Sorry to see Florimon is starting over Polanco. If we're lucky Florimon will play his way off the 40-man this weekend.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyB View Post
    Sorry to see Florimon is starting over Polanco. If we're lucky Florimon will play his way off the 40-man this weekend.
    My question is this, if he hasn't already played his way off the 40 man, what does he have to do to play his way off?

5. These 4 users like kdrupp09's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

gil4 (06-27-2014), Hosken Bombo Disco (06-27-2014), jokin (06-27-2014), Sconnie (06-27-2014)

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
    I was thinking the same thing. If they DFA Florimon, Beresford or Bernier are OK options as utility guys.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,281 Times in 1,747 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    The State of Texas does have a rather vicious strain of a lethal disease called capital punishment that they haven't found a cure for.
    You messin' with Texas, son?

I'm looking forward to seeing some old faces.
    Besides the one in the mirror. RimshotBadumtsh.jpg
    Last edited by ashburyjohn; 06-27-2014 at 06:01 PM.

8. This user likes ashburyjohn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (06-27-2014)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrupp09 View Post
    My question is this, if he hasn't already played his way off the 40 man, what does he have to do to play his way off?
    Gardy: We have no shortstop.
    Ryan: Not to worry. I called up Florimon from Rochester just last night.
    Gardy: I repeat...
    Last edited by ashburyjohn; 06-27-2014 at 05:36 PM.

10. These 4 users like ashburyjohn's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Danchat (06-27-2014), glunn (06-27-2014), Joe A. Preusser (06-27-2014), Sconnie (06-27-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Joe A. Preusser's Avatar
    Liked 165 Times in 95 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    Ryan: Whats the problem, Floriman is exactly half the hitter Hicks is.
    Gardy: Is it time for Molli to take over yet?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    I smell a win, finally.

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 487 Times in 284 Posts
    Ryan: We have no shortstop.
    Gardy: Not to worry. I called up Florimon from Rochester just last night.
    Ryan: I repeat...
    ftfy

14. These 3 users like Hosken Bombo Disco's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (06-27-2014), Joe A. Preusser (06-27-2014), jokin (06-27-2014)

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 843 Times in 539 Posts
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by ashburyjohn
    Ryan: We have no shortstop.
    Gardy: Not to worry. I called up Florimon from Rochester just last night.

Ryan: I repeat...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosken Bombo Disco View Post
    ftfy

HBD nailed it.....Like I said yesterday...Ryan is making sure that Gardy owns this one for the time being.
    Last edited by jokin; 06-27-2014 at 06:01 PM.

16. This user likes jokin's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (06-27-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Like I said yesterday...Ryan is making sure that Gardy owns this one for the time being.
    you could be right about that, sad as it is to say

Florimon could go 2-3 with a walk tonight, but he still needs to be DFA'd yesterday. Replaced by Romero, even if only for three days. And so Escobar can move back to SS.

The only rational thing I can think of is that Gardy wants him to get his average above .100 before he's gone, or what you said jokin. "He's all yours, Ron."

19. This user likes Hosken Bombo Disco's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

jokin (06-27-2014)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    HBD nailed it.....Like I said yesterday...Ryan is making sure that Gardy owns this one for the time being.
    I'm satisfied with doing the "Florimon is not a good hitter" meme. The "Ryan is a passive-aggressive boss" meme is above my pay grade.

I'm satisfied with doing the "Florimon is not a good hitter" meme. The "Ryan is a passive-aggressive boss" meme is above my pay grade.
    Agree. I just tried it on, above. It didn't feel right.

But then, what's your explanation.

Ok time to let it go … Tonight, Florimon's our guy.

22. These 2 users like Hosken Bombo Disco's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (06-27-2014), ChiTownTwinsFan (06-27-2014)

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 843 Times in 539 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just tracking back to last weekend....Gardy begs and pleads to get an extra position player...and not to draw too fine a line here, but just for the sake of discussion....Ryan demurred, and is quoted (in an oh-so-passive-aggressive manner?) as saying he felt the Twins were adequately covered enough to not warrant risking losing someone off of the 40-man (I would assume, for Ron's "benefit", that he included Florimon in that explanation, too?)
    Last edited by jokin; 06-27-2014 at 06:14 PM.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 43 Times in 27 Posts
    So is Polanco only going to pinch hit this weekend?

We all know hes going down when Plouffe returns on Monday. Why not start him at short for a couple games?

25. These 3 users like drock2190's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (06-27-2014), Sconnie (06-27-2014), USAFChief (06-27-2014)

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,904 Times in 1,113 Posts
    So, if I find a lucky penny on the street, pick it up and put it in my pocket, then forget about it and it goes through the wash ... is all the luck washed off of it? Just wondering ...

27. These 2 users like ChiTownTwinsFan's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (06-27-2014), Hosken Bombo Disco (06-27-2014)

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 43 Times in 27 Posts
    According to Gardy, Florimon gets the nod because he has "experience"

Experience doing what exactly?

Liked 1,261 Times in 731 Posts
    I really wish KC would just give us a nice, boring first inning sometime.

30. This user likes JB_Iowa's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (06-27-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Joe A. Preusser's Avatar
    Liked 165 Times in 95 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drock2190 View Post
    According to Gardy, Florimon gets the nod because he has "experience"

Experience doing what exactly?
    He knows the return route from the batters box to dugout better than any other guy in the majors. You cant buy experience like that.

32. This user likes Joe A. Preusser's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

drock2190 (06-27-2014)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast