Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Florimon

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 568 Times in 372 Posts

Florimon

Please DFA him.
    Last edited by ashburyjohn; 06-28-2014 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Fixed the spelling of the gentleman's name. :)
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 43 Times in 27 Posts
    No he has "experience"

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 39 Times in 27 Posts
    Blog Entries
    He got pinch hit for by a guy from Class A, nuff said

4. These 3 users like TKGuy's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Danchat (06-28-2014), gil4 (06-30-2014), USNMCPO (06-28-2014)

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 867 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Please DFA him.
    Yesterday.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 87 Times in 54 Posts
    I say DFA him and activate Smalley or Carew. Either one would be more useful than him.
    Last edited by ashburyjohn; 06-28-2014 at 10:10 AM.

Guerrier too.

Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Please DFA him.
    Two consecutive games where Guerrier looks like he is in mop up mode and he gives up the winning runs. For cripes sakes major league baseball is a business and a major league baseball team like the Twins is supposed to be in the business of winning baseball games, not just giving good guys a chance. This is the breaking point of any season right before the All Star break, you either turn the page on some people that are not cutting it and move forward with new guys, or you stick to your guns and get more losing likely end up getting the boot from your own job as management. Three years is enough of giving the same people 100 chances. I said to my friends when Guerrier gave up that 5th run you watch before the Twins hit that fifth run will cost them the game as the Twins will score 4 and come up short. If they tie the game at 4 Dozier is hitting for the Win not the pressure of a tie.

All Terry Ryan and Ron Gardenhire can talk about is how quickly they can send Polanco down. That is because if the kid hit's and fields well while he is here, he makes them look bad by continuing to hold on to and cling to their reasoning for keeping Florimon in the big leagues. This is the point in time that ownership needs to step to Dave St Peter and let him know, you let GM Ryan and manager Gardenhire know were tired of these same bad actors and excuses for the losing and filling holes with players that cannot help the Twins win.

Don't care if these are good guys or experienced players, bottom line is this NO ability to help win games or generate positive outcomes means adios. In both cases Florimon and Guerrier need to be shown the door, they have proved they are not contributors. St Peter needs to step in and say make the tough choices and share the pain or we will find people that will do that. That is leadership not clinging on to some BS hope or ideal of the past. There has been to much losing to keep on clinging to false hope.
    When it has become so obvious to the teams fans even that what they call trying to win isn't going to happen with a couple of these players, then someone needs to effect change.
    Someone has to be the bad guy and cut the cord, making tough decisions about people you like is what separates the winners from the also rans and stuck in the mud repetitive losing types. You cannot look the guy's in the minor leagues in the face that are having success and keep them down when guys like Florimon and Guerrier continue to fail, this type of failure breeds contempt from teammates even if they like the guy. I like the Twins, but they invent ways to make excuses. They need to cut the crap on the excuse making and finally start delivering some good results. You cannot continue to scrape the bottom and stay relevant in the entertainment business, eventually a fancy hamburger or a craft beer is not enough to keep people going to the ballpark it is about baseball and winning competitive baseball that keeps them coming back. Some of these guys need to draw a line in the sand and become part of the solution, they battle and have the will to win now they need to start using some of that younger talent to shine through. Starts with adding some smoke to the bullpen and putting some more bullets in Gardy's gun on offense. They started it by bringing in Morales, they need to do more.
    Last edited by jaimedude2; 06-28-2014 at 12:58 AM.

8. These 4 users like jaimedude2's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

DocBauer (06-28-2014), Kwak (06-28-2014), notoriousgod71 (06-29-2014), ScottyB (06-28-2014)

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyB View Post
    I say DFA him and activate Smalley or Carew. Either one would be more useful than that piece of crap.
    He is what he is. The problem here is not Florimon. The problems are:

- Ryan and Antony who kept him on the 40-man roster and promoted him to the majors.

- Gardenhire who is playing him over Polanco.

Players have the abilities they have. They cannot help that. General Managers' and Managers' jobs are to assess those abilities and act accordingly. This is totally on the Front Office and the Manager. And there is not the first time that this combination of suspects has done that. Even in competing teams: Brian Buscher, Jason Tyner, Matt Tolbert, et al. come to mind. Not to mention the Ponsons and Marquises of the world.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

10. These 2 users like Thrylos's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

DocBauer (06-28-2014), Kevin (06-28-2014)

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,308 Times in 1,755 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimedude2 View Post
    That is because if the kid hit's and fields well while he is here, he makes them look bad by continuing to hold on to and cling to their reasoning for keeping Florimon in the big leagues.
    Moderator's note: we realize emotions run strong on topics like this, but I needed to edit out some clearly disrespectful words elsewhere in this thread, and here the discussion verges into claiming to know what goes on inside other people's heads. Please review the TD Comment Policy if you are unsure what respectful discourse means. (Not that any policy statement can cover every case, so please try to stay away from the "line".)

http://twinsdaily.com/showthread.php...September-2013

12. These 2 users like ashburyjohn's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (06-28-2014), jorgenswest (06-28-2014)

Si sneor

Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    Moderator's note: we realize emotions run strong on topics like this, but I needed to edit out some clearly disrespectful words elsewhere in this thread, and here the discussion verges into claiming to know what goes on inside other people's heads. Please review the TD Comment Policy if you are unsure what respectful discourse means. (Not that any policy statement can cover every case, so please try to stay away from the "line".)

http://twinsdaily.com/showthread.php...September-2013
    Feel free to delete this post, I like the Twins, you are right I should not have commented on the GM and the manager on Polanco and inferring they are trying to keep him down, they want what is best for the kid and ultimately the team like the rest of us. I have piled on Florimon enough, they will keep him, doesn't matter the amount of mouth breathing, he doesn't need any more piling on. Injury's and necessity are why he is here anyways.

14. These 2 users like jaimedude2's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (06-28-2014), tarheeltwinsfan (06-29-2014)

Liked 222 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyB View Post
    I say DFA him and activate Smalley or Carew. Either one would be more useful than him.
    If it gets Smalley off of telecasts I'm all for it.

16. These 3 users like notoriousgod71's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

blindeke (06-28-2014), ChiTownTwinsFan (06-28-2014), LaBombo (06-29-2014)

Senior Member All-Star Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 214 Times in 100 Posts
    Yeah... when Polanco pinch-hit for him I couldn't wrap my head around why P-Flo was starting in the first place.

18. This user likes Boom Boom's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

tarheeltwinsfan (06-29-2014)

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 867 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
    Yeah... when Polanco pinch-hit for him I couldn't wrap my head around why P-Flo was starting in the first place.
    Oh yeah..... it was the logical, and very telling, move (the other logical move was to PH Parm for Fuld, I still don't get that one). I wonder if it was telling enough to earn Polanco a starting spot today? It could probably be rationalized that it's not fair to put the kid in against Darvish, but come on.... Florimon looks as totally lost at the plate as Hicks did in April, 2013, probably worse.

Liked 33 Times in 24 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Oh yeah..... it was the logical, and very telling, move (the other logical move was to PH Parm for Fuld, I still don't get that one). I wonder if it was telling enough to earn Polanco a starting spot today? It could probably be rationalized that it's not fair to put the kid in against Darvish, but come on.... Florimon looks as totally lost at the plate as Hicks did in April, 2013, probably worse.
    Polanco better be starting today. I still remember the day when TR said "no scholarships". Then why is Florimon still starting? Polanco is already superior at the plate, but who knows if he can play defense until you actually start him!

Florimon should be the next man to be outrighted off the 40 man roster. Whether they want Bernier, Beresford, even Romero (Plouffe should be ready, though) or if Meyer is ready to come up, P-Flo should be gone. He's batting .093. 'Nuff said.

Liked 87 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danchat View Post
    Polanco better be starting today.
    Sorry - It's Florimon once again.
    Last edited by ChiTownTwinsFan; 06-28-2014 at 01:13 PM.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 174 Times in 108 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If Polanco were to start it would be with Hughes and his fly ball tendency.

23. This user likes jorgenswest's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (06-28-2014)

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 827 Times in 520 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danchat View Post
    Polanco better be starting today. I still remember the day when TR said "no scholarships". Then why is Florimon still starting? Polanco is already superior at the plate, but who knows if he can play defense until you actually start him!

Florimon should be the next man to be outrighted off the 40 man roster. Whether they want Bernier, Beresford, even Romero (Plouffe should be ready, though) or if Meyer is ready to come up, P-Flo should be gone. He's batting .093. 'Nuff said.
    I don't think this is a scholarship issue. Florimon gets the league minimum... This one is on Gardy.

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 493 Times in 288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgenswest View Post
    If Polanco were to start it would be with Hughes and his fly ball tendency.
    Yes, because its slightly more likely a ball will be hit somewhere else than shortstop.

In some ways, no brainer. You play Polancho AHEAD of Florimon for two days. See what he does. On Monday, Plouffe and Nunez come back (I would only activate one, pending the outcome of Pino's pitching performance) and move Escobar back to shortstop, where he must be more comfortable as he is hitting squat since moving to third. When you send Flory down, remove him from the 40-man so you CAN bring up Beresford or Bernier if the position arise again. If Pino falters, remove him from the 40-man because you can (except, yes, someone will claim him...hummm, maybe should've done that with Deduno BEFORE his last great relief outing). Anyways, FLorimon is nothing. Nothing. No one will claim him. You can always readd him at some point if you want. Or, if someone claims him...you have others!
    Joel Thingvall
    www.thingvall.com
    rosterman at www.twinscards.com

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Floriman is also a drag on Escobar batting 8th. It is the same effect as hitting in front of the pitcher. What are they afraid of with Polanco? He might make an error or have a bad AB against Darvish. Florimon has both already by the 3rd inning. I think you do have to DFA him because gardy keeps starting him. It would make sense to start Polanco and put Florimon in for defense if the twins are ahead late in a game but Gardy won't do it.
    Last edited by Otwins; 06-28-2014 at 04:08 PM.

Plouffe will be back on Monday. At that point Polanco will almost certainly be moved back down. I literally see no logic in having him get only 3-5 ABs and than saying "see you in 3 years." I truly believe Gardy is starting Florimon for sympathy sake. If Polanco doesn't start tomorrow I may, for the first time, be seriously asking what Gardenhire is doing.

29. This user likes Trautmann13's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

DocBauer (06-28-2014)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast