Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 61

Thread: Game Thread: Twins @ Rangers, 6/28 @ 3:05pm CT

  1. #21
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,832
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,427
    Liked 1,943 Times in 1,138 Posts
    So ... why is this game on mlb.tv but not on Extra Innings?

  2. This user likes ChiTownTwinsFan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    glunn (06-28-2014)

  3. #22
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,354
    Like
    1,311
    Liked 1,295 Times in 749 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    So ... why is this game on mlb.tv but not on Extra Innings?
    I think because it is on Fox Sports 1. Have you flipped around to look for it?

  4. #23
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,832
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,427
    Liked 1,943 Times in 1,138 Posts
    But if it's on Fox, it shouldn't be on mlb.tv, too, right?

  5. #24
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,832
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,427
    Liked 1,943 Times in 1,138 Posts
    okay ... JB ... you are just too smart for me ... and thank you ... having too many troubles lately with my internet to even try and watch it online.

  6. #25
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,354
    Like
    1,311
    Liked 1,295 Times in 749 Posts
    Honestly I have no clue how these things work. I just know how to use the remote.

  7. This user likes JB_Iowa's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    glunn (06-28-2014)

  8. #26
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,832
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,427
    Liked 1,943 Times in 1,138 Posts
    heh ... sometimes I even have trouble with that!

  9. This user likes ChiTownTwinsFan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    glunn (06-28-2014)

  10. #27
    Senior Member All-Star crarko's Avatar
    Posts
    1,228
    Twitter
    @crarko
    Like
    156
    Liked 782 Times in 411 Posts
    It's Fox Sports 1 here in Mpls. Which I think is what they use for their national broadcast now.
    Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay,
    I sleep all night and I work all day.

  11. #28
    Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Posts
    1,045
    Like
    1,644
    Liked 489 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post
    You're not seriously blaming the coaches are you? Why must the Twins management/front office be held accountable for every player mistake, injury, and slowed player development?
    You make a valid point. The wisecracks and nitpicking gets tiring and I am one of those who can improve.

    But yes in this case I would expect some hand-waving from the coaches if Polanco was truly out of position and needed to fix it. And that might be on Molitor as infield coach. But then as you said, it was an 8th-inning, 5-run deficit at that point, low pressure, so maybe Molitor weighed the situation and decided to just let the kid play, and correct/coach after the inning if necessary.

    On the other hand, Gardy and Molly might have felt that starting Polanco today would require too much attention for nine innings -- positioning, covering bases, etc. -- and that would be a valid reason for keeping him on the bench too. (setting aside the whole Florimon question.)

    Handshake.

  12. These 3 users like Hosken Bombo Disco's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    ashburyjohn (06-28-2014), ChiTownTwinsFan (06-28-2014), glunn (06-28-2014)

  13. #29
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,354
    Like
    1,311
    Liked 1,295 Times in 749 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crarko View Post
    It's Fox Sports 1 here in Mpls. Which I think is what they use for their national broadcast now.
    Yep -- because I could be watching reruns of White Collar on Fox.

  14. #30
    Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Posts
    2,783
    Like
    666
    Liked 384 Times in 214 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
    I don't think it's fair to Florimon to set him up to fail, either.
    I don't think its fair to Escobar either

  15. These 2 users like Willihammer's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    ashburyjohn (06-28-2014), Hosken Bombo Disco (06-28-2014)

  16. #31
    Senior Member All-Star crarko's Avatar
    Posts
    1,228
    Twitter
    @crarko
    Like
    156
    Liked 782 Times in 411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    Yep -- because I could be watching reruns of White Collar on Fox.
    Doctor Who Season 7 is on Netflix now. As is Sherlock season 3.
    Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay,
    I sleep all night and I work all day.

  17. #32
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    166
    Like
    179
    Liked 92 Times in 52 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    3 run homer for Floriman..

  18. #33
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,832
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,427
    Liked 1,943 Times in 1,138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosken Bombo Disco View Post
    You make a valid point. The wisecracks and nitpicking gets tiring and I am one of those who can improve.

    But yes in this case I would expect some hand-waving from the coaches if Polanco was truly out of position and needed to fix it. And that might be on Molitor as infield coach. But then as you said, it was an 8th-inning, 5-run deficit at that point, low pressure, so maybe Molitor weighed the situation and decided to just let the kid play, and correct/coach after the inning if necessary.

    On the other hand, Gardy and Molly might have felt that starting Polanco today would require too much attention for nine innings -- positioning, covering bases, etc. -- and that would be a valid reason for keeping him on the bench too. (setting aside the whole Florimon question.)

    Handshake.
    Thank you. For all of this. For considering other possibilities. For the hand shake. This is a very find example for all of us.

  19. This user likes ChiTownTwinsFan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    ashburyjohn (06-28-2014)

  20. #34
    Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Posts
    2,783
    Like
    666
    Liked 384 Times in 214 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Florimon: 0-16 w/ RISP

  21. This user likes Willihammer's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    Danchat (06-28-2014)

  22. #35
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,354
    Like
    1,311
    Liked 1,295 Times in 749 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crarko View Post
    Doctor Who Season 7 is on Netflix now. As is Sherlock season 3.
    Tried Sherlock but just couldn't get into it. I've never even looked at Doctor Who but then I'm not much into sci-fi. But thanks for the heads up.

  23. #36
    Senior Member Triple-A Danchat's Avatar
    Posts
    432
    Like
    165
    Liked 33 Times in 24 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Florimon does not have a hit with runners in scoring position this season.
    I don't get it. Why isn't Polanco starting?!

  24. #37
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,832
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,427
    Liked 1,943 Times in 1,138 Posts
    okay ... lol ... anyone in Ft Myers know which channel FS1 is? Trying to talk to my mom over the phone how to find the game ... she's VERY remote clueless.

  25. #38
    Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Posts
    2,783
    Like
    666
    Liked 384 Times in 214 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Danchat View Post
    Florimon does not have a hit with runners in scoring position this season.
    I don't get it. Why isn't Polanco starting?!
    All the sudden Gardy is hung up on infield positioning

  26. #39
    Senior Member All-Star crarko's Avatar
    Posts
    1,228
    Twitter
    @crarko
    Like
    156
    Liked 782 Times in 411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    okay ... lol ... anyone in Ft Myers know which channel FS1 is? Trying to talk to my mom over the phone how to find the game ... she's VERY remote clueless.
    These guys will.

    http://msn.foxsports.com/watch/foxsports1?0426MLB
    Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay,
    I sleep all night and I work all day.

  27. #40
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    204
    Like
    8
    Liked 43 Times in 27 Posts
    I'd do a good rant on Florimon but that would get me banned...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.