Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Report (7/1): Early Fireworks Shows

Twins Contributor Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor League Report (7/1): Early Fireworks Shows

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If Mauer is on DL does that open the door for Vargas? He is on the 40 man and no reason to care about service time. He could get a week or two of games. Doesn't seem like the worst thing in the world.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 43 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clutterheart View Post
    If Mauer is on DL does that open the door for Vargas? He is on the 40 man and no reason to care about service time. He could get a week or two of games. Doesn't seem like the worst thing in the world.
    Probably will get Collabello up one last time. Vargas really isnt a 1st baseman.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 46 Times in 26 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drock2190 View Post
    Probably will get Collabello up one last time. Vargas really isnt a 1st baseman.
    If Vargas will not play in the field, shouldn't the Twins consider trading him now, while his numbers are good. I don't see the Twins having a need for a full time DH, especially considering the way Gardy likes to play everyone and to rest Mauer by DHing him from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by tarheeltwinsfan View Post
    If Vargas will not play in the field, shouldn't the Twins consider trading him now, while his numbers are good. I don't see the Twins having a need for a full time DH, especially considering the way Gardy likes to play everyone and to rest Mauer by DHing him from time to time.
    Morales?? Vargas will more than likely take over for Morales next year or this year if he were to get hurt. I like the idea of a full time DH similar to the role Big Papi plays.

Quote Originally Posted by clutterheart View Post
    Parmelee to 1B full-time ... Waive Florimon .... Add Farris to platoon with Fuld in CF until some guys get healthy/figure it out and they can fix that mess ... Just my $.02

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts
    Again another great hitting performance for Rosario. I have wonder if he won't be up before September, but almost certainly in September when rosters expand.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrupp09 View Post
    Again another great hitting performance for Rosario. I have wonder if he won't be up before September, but almost certainly in September when rosters expand.
    I think the same thing but then look it up on baseball reference and see he is hitting .226 for New Britain. Doesn't seem to jive.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 827 Times in 520 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantes929 View Post
    I think the same thing but then look it up on baseball reference and see he is hitting .226 for New Britain. Doesn't seem to jive.
    yeah, same as last year unfortunately... hot start, and then cools considerably. Hopefully it clicks.

Liked 43 Times in 31 Posts
    Blog Entries
    In Ibarra's defense for Rochester....... while he did come in and give up 3 consecutive singles, a strikeout, and two walks that pushed in 2 runs......... he was taken out of the game with one out and a bases loaded situation that a double play ball would have been the end of the inning, but instead, Pressly was brought in for relief and promptly allowed all three inherited runners to score by giving up a double (his gift to Ibarra), followed by a single to get charged with one run of his own that inning.