Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46

Thread: Berrios - again

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    Seth tweeted that J.O. has been promoted to NB. Assume he'll be doing a story on it:


    This is exciting, if he was the youngest in the FSL how far apart in age do you think he will be in AA from his competition? Does anyone have info on this?

  2. #22
    Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Posts
    1,922
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Like
    1
    Liked 119 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    178
    I don't have overall AA info, but he's the youngest pitcher on the Rockcats roster by over three years.

  3. #23
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,713
    Like
    1,159
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    Seth tweeted that J.O. has been promoted to NB. Assume he'll be doing a story on it:


    Congrats.
    Lighten up Francis....

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsfanstreif View Post
    This is exciting, if he was the youngest in the FSL how far apart in age do you think he will be in AA from his competition? Does anyone have info on this?

    Pat Dean has almost the same birthday, but is 5 years older. He is listed as 0.2 above the average age by baseball reference, so I am assuming 4.8 years younger.

  5. This user likes Bort's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    mike wants wins (07-06-2014)

  6. #25
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,713
    Like
    1,159
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    I have always preferred comparing ages of top prospects, not averages across leagues with all the not prospects included. Either way, he is young for his level, and I hope he good at AA this year.
    Lighten up Francis....

  7. #26
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    110
    Like
    4
    Liked 88 Times in 31 Posts
    Really happy about this, congrats Jose!

  8. #27
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    498
    Like
    2
    Liked 80 Times in 50 Posts
    I think Berrios will be the youngest pitcher in the EL by about a year. It will definitely be interesting.

  9. #28
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,679
    Like
    306
    Liked 218 Times in 138 Posts
    Good for him

  10. #29
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,118
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    49
    Liked 1,590 Times in 827 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    Seth tweeted that J.O. has been promoted to NB. Assume he'll be doing a story on it:


    Shocking. Absolutely shocking.

    This is why we shouldn't holler and scream the day we think a prospect should be promoted.

    Again, a little patience goes a long way. In this case, it was all of three days.

  11. #30
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,118
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    49
    Liked 1,590 Times in 827 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Berrios is now *just barely* the youngest player in the Eastern League. He's the youngest pitcher by close to a year.

    http://minorleaguecentral.com/youngest

  12. #31
    Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,383
    Like
    417
    Liked 813 Times in 513 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    wonder who has been released/put on DL to make room for the promotions.

  13. #32
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,853
    Like
    12
    Liked 71 Times in 42 Posts
    Melotakis was promoted too. Probably makes the bigs before Berrios.
    Papers...business papers.

  14. #33
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    3,606
    Like
    68
    Liked 379 Times in 233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drjim View Post
    Melotakis was promoted too. Probably makes the bigs before Berrios.
    As a reliever he may have an easier time getting to the majors. Still, there are a lot of good BP arms at NB and Rochester that he has to get in line behind.

  15. #34
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    6,513
    Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Like
    68
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Shocking. Absolutely shocking.

    This is why we shouldn't holler and scream the day we think a prospect should be promoted.

    Again, a little patience goes a long way. In this case, it was all of three days.
    Yep, it's not worth worrying about. The Twins have shown that when a player is ready, they get them up to the next level.

    I look at age to top prospects when looking at rankings, sure. But I look at age compared to league average in general because of the experience factor. For Berrios (or Thorpe) to pitch against some guys who are 24, and had 3-4 years of college experience and have been in affiliated ball for a couple of years means something.

  16. This user likes Seth Stohs's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    gunnarthor (07-07-2014)

  17. #35
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,713
    Like
    1,159
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    I agree Seth, I do look at both, I should have stated that differently. Like I said, either way, he's young and it's great they promoted him. Here's hoping Polanco follows soon.
    Lighten up Francis....

  18. #36
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    747
    Like
    28
    Liked 60 Times in 48 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    Well, it looks like we are going to have our prospects make it to the majors together. May, Meyer, with Berrios right behind with Sano, Buxton and maybe Rosario next year with some of our relief prospects. So its looking more like the youth movement will really take off next season.

  19. #37
    Senior Member Triple-A InfraRen's Avatar
    Posts
    300
    Twitter
    @InfraRen
    Like
    42
    Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Well, it looks like we are going to have our prospects make it to the majors together. May, Meyer, with Berrios right behind with Sano, Buxton and maybe Rosario next year with some of our relief prospects. So its looking more like the youth movement will really take off next season.
    That is one exciting bunch. Also then knowing Stewart and Gordon (as well as Thorpe, Gonsalves, etc) are trailing them and the skies look clearer in the future!
    Till I Collapse

  20. #38
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Posts
    591
    Like
    11
    Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    I agree Seth, I do look at both, I should have stated that differently. Like I said, either way, he's young and it's great they promoted him. Here's hoping Polanco follows soon.
    I was kinda hoping that Polanco would just go straight to New Britain after his cup of coffee with the Twins.

  21. #39
    Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,383
    Like
    417
    Liked 813 Times in 513 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Berrios is now *just barely* the youngest player in the Eastern League. He's the youngest pitcher by close to a year.

    http://minorleaguecentral.com/youngest
    So by my count, we have the two youngest pitchers in the MWL in Thorpe and Stewart and the youngest pitcher in AA by about 4.8 years... That bodes well for the future rotation I'd think.

  22. This user likes diehardtwinsfan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

    gunnarthor (07-08-2014)

  23. #40
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    221
    Like
    43
    Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts
    Once Buxton and Polanco join NB, we likely will have Rosario, Buxton, Polanco, Vargas, and Berrios to name a few at NB. Goodness, all of a sudden there is a LOT of talent at NB.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.